The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry 6ch04/05 JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sat_freak

x

Multiple Choice Answers: ( If not correct let me know!)
1. D
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. C
6.a)D
6b). A
7.D
8a) D
8b)A
9. C
10a) D
10b) B
10c) C
11a)D
11b) A
11c) C
12.a)B
12b) A
12c) B
So i realised, the paper was not that bad😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1987
Hi can someone please answer this question as well:

In an experiment, 1.02 g of nisil formed 4.82 g of the complex. Calculate thepercentage by mass of nickel in the alloy. The molar mass of the complex is288.7 g mol−1.
Do we have to memorise the reagents for kevlar nomex nylon?
Reply 1989
Original post by Kingtomz
Well its deffo not D. But for something like this you treat the gas as mols, so like there are 15mols of hydrocarbon and 90 mols of oxygen needed. U work out the molar ratio so 90/15, which is 6, so there are 6 oxygen to hydrocarbon mols (6:1). Then you work out each option until you get the one thats balanced, i.e. Until the mols of oxygen is 12 on both. The answer should be C4H8, i hope this makes sense😅ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434142098.230364.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

That kinda does make sense :smile: Thank you!
Original post by bbyturtlexox
5. is D not C

I thought it was c... I might be wrong though 😅
Reply 1991
Another one, sorry!

10 cm3 of a gaseous hydrocarbon was mixed with excess oxygen and ignited. Thegas volumes were measured at room temperature and pressure before and aftercombustion and it was found that the total gas volume had contracted by 20 cm3.Given that combustion was complete, the formula of the hydrocarbon was

A C4H4
B C4H6
C C4H8
D C4H10
Original post by FMSN
Another one, sorry!

10 cm3 of a gaseous hydrocarbon was mixed with excess oxygen and ignited. Thegas volumes were measured at room temperature and pressure before and aftercombustion and it was found that the total gas volume had contracted by 20 cm3.Given that combustion was complete, the formula of the hydrocarbon was

A C4H4
B C4H6
C C4H8
D C4H10

It's A, I think?

Water is a liquid, so we'll just look at the gases here in the first compound:C4H4 + 5O2 -> 4CO2 + 2H2O

The gases are in a ratio of 1 : 5 on one side to 4 on the other side.
10 cm^3 of hydrocarbon reacts with 50 cm^3 of oxygen to give only 40 cm^3 of carbon dioxide. 60 to 40 is a 20 cm^3 contraction.
I've uploaded Arenes and Practical Techniques notes in addition to Transition Metals if anyone needs them. :smile:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBWX8dVcLhpfnF0WmN1anVtaERzbmRJckp3c0NfbHZSNFdrRDgzQm9IVzZHYlhVeHRxQWc&authuser=0

If you can only view five pages of the Arenes document, just press the 'pop out' arrow in the corner and the full document should open.
Original post by Summerloving
I thought it was c... I might be wrong though 😅

Nope I'm pretty sure it's C
Your a legend.... btw how was physics!!! Also I wanted to ask you. .. For redox questions do they ever tell you to do it all by yourself or are they like this? ??? I hate acid and alkaline conditions and all of this now... darn fuel cells

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1996
Original post by frozo123

Yep it is C.

So I got 19 out 20 on the MCQ (haven't bothered checking the rest). Can't believe the one that I got wrong was actually what it says in the George Facer book xD (the CO2 carrier gas stuff).

Oh well, pretty sure I got an a* on this paper though,
Original post by frozo123

Its D?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kingtomz
Never mind loool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you put D in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest