The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by The fish inspect
Arsey said it was easier than 2013 but harder than 2014 so grade boundaries will be inbetween. He thinks that an A would be 57, so I extrapolated from that

Brilliant! Thanks a lot!
Original post by mechanism
how did I manage to give my answers to the iteration question to 2.d.p when it specifically said 1.d.p and I convinced myself I gave my answers to 1.d.p and avoided stupid mistakes LOOOOOOOL I don't have words. Hysteria is the only thing left in my soul. Fack.

I think you would only lose a maximum of one mark for doing that (if that). One of the papers I saw only asked for x1 and x2, with no marks lost for incorrect rounding.
I did question 3a and 3b in radians and i accidentally made tan a = 2 instead of 1/2. And I couldn't work out 3c. Does that mean I lost the entire 10 marks for that question? :cry2:
I have to get an A* for uni. Do you guys think I still have a chance with 63/64 for this paper? :unsure:
Hey guys do you think I should check the ms? I came out the exam really happy but can think of a couple of silly mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicjug
Hey guys do you think I should check the ms? I came out the exam really happy but can think of a couple of silly mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you looked at the mark scheme and found two more errors, how would that effect your revision for other exams e.g. C4.(?) If it would motivate you, maybe have a look!
Original post by TeeEm
the high boundaries make me say this ....

the advice I give?
It might be too late now ...
Make sure you do not "need" S2 for your final grade ... For most of my students it will be a non trier

I'm not saying this to be funny... But I actually found S2 easier than S1. Just my personal opinion - I sat it in Y12 last year and got 97UMS. :smile:
I'm sure many people will disagree with me, but I'm just curious as to what makes S2 so hard compared to all the other modules.
I suppose it's different people, different strengths.
Original post by StarBizarre
I did question 3a and 3b in radians and i accidentally made tan a = 2 instead of 1/2. And I couldn't work out 3c. Does that mean I lost the entire 10 marks for that question? :cry2:
I have to get an A* for uni. Do you guys think I still have a chance with 63/64 for this paper? :unsure:

Well Arsey seems to think the A* grade boundary mark will be around what you got, so don't worry! :smile: And especially if you do better in C4, you've got a fighting chance of that A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This always happens to me... I come out of an exam thinking 'I nailed it!' and then watch the silly mistakes I made mount up as I read through the unofficial mark scheme... :frown:
Original post by Emmi12345
This always happens to me... I come out of an exam thinking 'I nailed it!' and then watch the silly mistakes I made mount up as I read through the unofficial mark scheme... :frown:

Exactly it's annoying when you knew the right methods but made a stupid mistake like I subbed in 4pi instead of 4pi^2 - how stupid is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly it's annoying when you knew the right methods but made a stupid mistake like I subbed in 4pi instead of 4pi^2 - how stupid is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, in M2 I put something on the wrong side of an equation by mistake... and subsequently everything else was wrong so I probably lost 4 marks... for ONE mistake. :angry:
Hi, I did Year 13 last year, and I indeed did do better in c4 than in c3. I think it was because c4 practise was more fresh in my mind by the time of the exam. Don't give up hope! Some people find c4 easier and some find c3 easier. I found c3 easier but did better c4, I think for the reason I've given above
Original post by ILikeBoats
Do you guys think it's possible to do better on C4 than C3 exam? Honestly? I bloody well need to, I underperformed on my C3 and D1 exams and now I'm terrified of C4. :frown:
Original post by AStudent321
Hi, I did Year 13 last year, and I indeed did do better in c4 than in c3. I think it was because c4 practise was more fresh in my mind by the time of the exam. Don't give up hope! Some people find c4 easier and some find c3 easier. I found c3 easier but did better c4, I think for the reason I've given above

Do you think it's possible to get 95 ums in c4 ??

so if you got both your asymptotes wrong but you got everything else about your graph correct would you still be able to get 4/6 marks? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emmi12345
I'm not saying this to be funny... But I actually found S2 easier than S1. Just my personal opinion - I sat it in Y12 last year and got 97UMS. :smile:
I'm sure many people will disagree with me, but I'm just curious as to what makes S2 so hard compared to all the other modules.
I suppose it's different people, different strengths.

I never said it is hard.
I said it is hard to get a high UMS due to the high boundaries
Reply 3594
Everyone here is saying they couldn't prove LHS=RHS for the trig question. Neither could I. But then I proved RHS=LHS in just 4steps. It was soo easy this way. Why didn't anyone else do it this way? They didn't say
Original post by GTA5
Everyone here is saying they couldn't prove LHS=RHS for the trig question. Neither could I. But then I proved RHS=LHS in just 4steps. It was soo easy this way. Why didn't anyone else do it this way? They didn't say

I prived LHS=RHS very quickly aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In all honesty what do you think the grade boundaries will be this year for an A and for an A* on c3 - be harsh though because I've seen a lot of people say 56 and that seems highly unlikely as quite a few people found it extremely easy (definitely not me.) so I doubt boundaries will be that low

So what do you think is realistic for an A or an A*?
Original post by 96akhan
In all honesty what do you think the grade boundaries will be this year for an A and for an A* on c3 - be harsh though because I've seen a lot of people say 56 and that seems highly unlikely as quite a few people found it extremely easy (definitely not me.) so I doubt boundaries will be that low

So what do you think is realistic for an A or an A*?

64 A* realistically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GTA5

LHS = RHS seemed to require the same observations, only a little bit longer. RHS = LHS is better though, but I would guess people (me included) are so used to doing things left to right that this is much more ingrained than the general principle of reducing the more complicated side of the equation.
Reply 3599
did we need to put the +-

Latest

Trending

Trending