The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nathanielle
I meant, that I have to do some research before making an decision and now I have them, but probably I will have some panic, soon.

Wow, that is something. I shoudl also care about that... What kind of tea? European style or Asian style?

Weired, watching prison movies in one litte dorm room...

Oh ok, I see. Well, I hope you make the right decision. :smile:

British style - strong black tea with milk. I drink like 6 or 7 cups of it a day. The caffeine probably isn't good for me but it's so delicious and relaxing. :tongue:

Have you seen Cell 211? It's the best prison movie I've seen - in Spanish but there are subtitles and it's just awesome. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242422/combined
Original post by Sabertooth
British style - strong black tea with milk. I drink like 6 or 7 cups of it a day. The caffeine probably isn't good for me but it's so delicious and relaxing. :tongue:

Have you seen Cell 211? It's the best prison movie I've seen - in Spanish but there are subtitles and it's just awesome. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242422/combined

Ah, I more the green tea type of person. Without milk, though I really like chai with milk. (Hipster!) And milk tea!

No, I have not. Sounds quite brutal...but I see, it has received several goyas.
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm not big on phones. Think I'll write stuff down on paper for next time though, thanks.

I don't want to go to hospital as I've been in one before and it was hell. I can get pretty bad claustrophobia and being in hospital is a trigger for that. I'd also be apart from my wife and would have to take god only knows what kind of drugs. :no:

Glad to hear you're doing well. :smile:

Do whatever best for you. And mm now I know what it'll do to you, never go there, just keep trying and I hope you get better x
I can't sleep :frown: I'm too scared for tomorrow, and the more I can't sleep the more I'm scared I'll sleep in, and then that means I can't sleep even worse.

Plus my flatmate isn't here today and I'm alone and it's scary and I'm worried that something might be hiding in the flat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I can't sleep :frown: I'm too scared for tomorrow, and the more I can't sleep the more I'm scared I'll sleep in, and then that means I can't sleep even worse.

Plus my flatmate isn't here today and I'm alone and it's scary and I'm worried that something might be hiding in the flat

Posted from TSR Mobile

I pretty much get that exact same thought pattern too, when i need to be up early for something the next day :| :console: Even if i get into bed i often just lie there awake for hours, dunno if you get that also. Best of luck with whatever you're doing tomorrow :smile:

Whether you sleep or not, make sure you've had enough to eat so your energy levels can keep you going. I also find a shower can perk you up quite a bit.

Spoiler

Psychiatrist has prescribed me Pregablin? (don't know much about it beyond the info they gave me, but sounds like it should help with my anxiety which is good!), got another appointment with them in a month as well.

they also gave me a sleep diary to do, though my sleep has been better last couple of days (though that might be cause I cut back on my zenlafaxine dose, which I am not really supposed to do but I think it makes my sleep worse so idk, my mood has been really bad with the lower dose though :s-smilie:)

mood is meh, I go from despair to self hatred back to despair & I haven't felt good about something or enjoyed doing anything for like a month now...woo...

idk, just gotta hope new meds help I suppose, booked in to see the GP next Monday anyway as I have awful piles on top of everything else -_-
Feeling very low... :frown:
:cry2:
just triggered myself by seeing a bloody thread on the latest threads oh god oh god oh god I can't:cry2:
Original post by Tree321
Feeling very low... :frown:

Original post by CescaD96

just triggered myself by seeing a bloody thread on the latest threads oh god oh god oh god I can't:cry2:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Don't care how cheesy that may be :biggrin:
Original post by Little Popcorns
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Don't care how cheesy that may be :biggrin:

It's not cheesy.
I feel like I'm being watched?
It's not cheesy.
Ah good :h:
Original post by Crystalz

Spoiler

I wouldn't worry about labels too much at this point, most important thing is surely that you work around your difficulties and learn about them individually. Of course sometimes a label is helpful but from what you've told me I don't think you should be getting too bogged down about labels. If the psychotherapist decides to work around a diagnosis fair enough but in the mean time I think you should be thinking what those interpersonal difficulties are and what you might be able to do (with the help of the therapist) to prevent them having too much of an impact on your life in the long term. :smile:
Bit upset but more angry at the moment, was rejected for a basic college course because they were not aware of my disabilities they failed me saying I was unenthusiastic when I had spent weeks preparing and involved myself with everything that was said.
Original post by Pathway
I feel like I'm being watched?

I get that feeling sometimes too. :holmes:
Original post by Little Popcorns
I wouldn't worry about labels too much at this point, most important thing is surely that you work around your difficulties and learn about them individually. Of course sometimes a label is helpful but from what you've told me I don't think you should be getting too bogged down about labels. If the psychotherapist decides to work around a diagnosis fair enough but in the mean time I think you should be thinking what those interpersonal difficulties are and what you might be able to do (with the help of the therapist) to prevent them having too much of an impact on your life in the long term. :smile:

It's mainly that I can't have a close and intimate relationship with anyone since I'm scared to get close to anyone and I think people can't truly care for one another. But then every time I try and get close to someone they **** me over so I'm not sure how I work this out. I can try but ultimately it seems there's something about me that causes every single person I meet to mistreat me.

Spoiler

Original post by Crystalz
It's mainly that I can't have a close and intimate relationship with anyone since I'm scared to get close to anyone and I think people can't truly care for one another. But then every time I try and get close to someone they **** me over so I'm not sure how I work this out. I can try but ultimately it seems there's something about me that causes every single person I meet to mistreat me.
Abusive relationships

Spoiler

Latest