The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForgottenApple
If it doesn't alter difficulty of question they'll deduct only one. If it is deemed to make it easier you'll score no marks. You didn't answer the question how they asked so that's why marks are lost.

I still showed used of double angle identities and use sin^2x and cos^2x = 1. It was literally just the reversal method? If anything it was harder as my constant in the quadratic was a fraction! I guess i will just have to wait and see! Thank you for answering anyway :smile: How do you think you did in this?
Original post by CAulet567
I still showed used of double angle identities and use sin^2x and cos^2x = 1. It was literally just the reversal method? If anything it was harder as my constant in the quadratic was a fraction! I guess i will just have to wait and see! Thank you for answering anyway :smile: How do you think you did in this?

Dropped at least one; probably two due to misreading the maximum question as a minimum.
Only obvious errors when checking the model solutions at my col though. How bout you.
Dropped at least one; probably two due to misreading the maximum question as a minimum.
Only obvious errors when checking the model solutions at my col though. How bout you.

Maximum question??? Wow, well done! Dropped anywhere between 10 - 15 which is really annoying but still praying that'll be enough for at leat an A so I can still get an A* which i need for uni!
Maximum question??? Wow, well done! Dropped anywhere between 10 - 15 which is really annoying but still praying that'll be enough for at leat an A so I can still get an A* which i need for uni!

The one where you find a value for alpha LOL
Did that perfectly though. Few can say that B)
The one where you find a value for alpha LOL
Did that perfectly though. Few can say that B)

Oh right fair enough! Did you think this paper was significantly easier than last years? I know it won't be 59 for an A* but can't see it being THAT much higher. Apart from a good lets say 8 marks on last years core 4 paper, all the rest
of the marks were pretty accessible/the norm but boundaries were so low!
Oh right fair enough! Did you think this paper was significantly easier than last years? I know it won't be 59 for an A* but can't see it being THAT much higher. Apart from a good lets say 8 marks on last years core 4 paper, all the rest
of the marks were pretty accessible/the norm but boundaries were so low!

My teacher reckons this was a really nice; as far as Core 4 goes. I tend to agree tbh twitter was really positive so people haven't struggled. => High Boundaries
Positively he reckons C3 is lower boundaries!
My teacher reckons this was a really nice; as far as Core 4 goes. I tend to agree tbh twitter was really positive so people haven't struggled. => High Boundaries
Positively he reckons C3 is lower boundaries!

Agreed. This will definitely be higher and C3 definitely lower, that C3 was diabolical.

A friend of mine who finished last year took a look at the paper and said that this C4 will skyrocket in the same way S1 did last year, it wasn't THAT much easier was it? I hope not because I only got about 59-61 raw marks which usually are enough for an A but if the boundaries shoot up big time maybe not. Meanwhile I got 55 in C3 which likely isn't an A unless it's a significant drop.
Original post by Alexandrite
Agreed. This will definitely be higher and C3 definitely lower, that C3 was diabolical.

A friend of mine who finished last year took a look at the paper and said that this C4 will skyrocket in the same way S1 did last year, it wasn't THAT much easier was it? I hope not because I only got about 59-61 raw marks which usually are enough for an A but if the boundaries shoot up big time maybe not. Meanwhile I got 55 in C3 which likely isn't an A unless it's a significant drop.

Hm be close to that I reckon. Predicting very high boundaries this year.
Hm be close to that I reckon. Predicting very high boundaries this year.

No don't say that :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much ums would 55 marks on core 4 and 55 marks on core 3 get me like estimate. PLEASEEEEEE.
Reply 2470
Reckon I got 65/75 in C3 and 67/75 in C4, would this be enough for an A*?
Original post by LK429
Reckon I got 65/75 in C3 and 67/75 in C4, would this be enough for an A*?

A.
Reply 2472
A.

By how many marks?
Original post by LK429
By how many marks?

Oops
60 is A in C4 so probs *
Reckon you may miss C3 slightly
so A/A*
Reply 2474
Oops
60 is A in C4 so probs *
Reckon you may miss C3 slightly
so A/A*

Haha thanks :smile:
Original post by LK429
Haha thanks :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2476
Good luck!

What do you think the A* boundary will be in each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
What do you think the A* boundary will be in each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I reckon C4 is sky-rocketing just like S1 did. so 67 A* +-3
C3 will be interesting as it was definitely a harder exam; but UMS for C3 has never dropped very much (100 ums lowest was like 70 I think?) so it's possible it'll be more but at the same time, it's never dropped that much before.

My prediction after doing C3 was a 64A*
Reply 2478
Well I reckon C4 is sky-rocketing just like S1 did. so 67 A* +-3
C3 will be interesting as it was definitely a harder exam; but UMS for C3 has never dropped very much (100 ums lowest was like 70 I think?) so it's possible it'll be more but at the same time, it's never dropped that much before.

My prediction after doing C3 was a 64A*

Hmm. I got 73 and 65 on C3 and C4 respectively :s-smilie: reckon that's enough for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hmm. I got 73 and 65 on C3 and C4 respectively :s-smilie: reckon that's enough for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably
I reckon you 100% on C3 maybe good A minimum C4
Defo A*
Lemme know in august :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending