The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applied for vehicle maintanence in NI got any word back yet?
Original post by nquinn561
Anyone applied for vehicle maintanence in NI got any word back yet?

I applied for the Information Technology apprenticeship and have an interview this tuesday morning at the BT Tower in Belfast :smile:
took about a month until i heard something, but you'll only hear something if there is a suitable position going that you have been matched to in your area
Yea i actually got a reply this morning saying ive got an interview so im very excited!
Yea i actually got a reply this morning saying ive got an interview so im very excited!

is the interview this Tuesday or another day??
Original post by S-P
Recently applied for this, has anybody heard back in scotland?

Hello,

I live in Glasgow and sent away my application last week. I had applied for the civil fast track scheme in IT but they offered me the business admin framework instead. It was such a pity as the opportunity to join the civil service is extremely lucrative.

I wish you all the best in your application.
How's it going guys, anyone got any advise on what sort of questions get asked in the interview? I have one next week for the apprentice engineer post in NI..
Hi,
no i havent been given a date for my interview yet.
How long after it said in the BT site that you were invited to an interview did you get an email with details?
from what i can gather there is group work so as long as you look professional and interact well then its a good start.
Not sure what they ask in the interview
heeey

I had my interview yesterday just wondering does anyone know how long it takes to hear back??
Most people hear back within a few days.
how long did it take for them to let you know when the interview was?
Most people hear back within a few days.
how long did it take for them to let you know when the interview was?

I applied like start of May and heard back saying they where looking at my application a week later and then about another week they invited to me the interview.

really hope i hear something soon because i am buzzing lol I so want this :biggrin:
See ive been told I've been invited to an assessment hub but still no email with date so such a long wait!
good luck buddy let us know how you get on!
what all did they ask you?
Reply 72
Got a hub day next wednesday at ipswich does anyone else dont know what job it is for
See ive been told I've been invited to an assessment hub but still no email with date so such a long wait!
good luck buddy let us know how you get on!
what all did they ask you?

i really can't remember to be honest haha
its not like a usual interview where they ask for your strength and weakness and why you want to work here and stuff like that,
it is enjoyable and everyone is nice.
Original post by marks02
Got a hub day next wednesday at ipswich does anyone else dont know what job it is for

I applied for the information technology apprenticeship, I think they keep your application until an available position comes along that would suit you then they email you about the hub day / interview
Do they ask about what you know about the compnay etc?
Reply 76
I was on the reserved list last year so i have already done the hub day so this year i dont know
Hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas of the sort of questions that might be asked for BT engineering apprenticeship interview?
Reply 78
Hi!

I'm currently a third year engineering apprentice with Openreach (and very bored waiting for the Mrs to cook a fryup) I'll happily answer any questions anyone has about anything really!

I've helped out with a couple of interview days doing the practical assessment and, obviously, had my own interview not so long back :smile:
There are various ways they do it; the larger hub days will be team based activities and the smaller local interview days have, in my experience, been a more individual assessment. Just an example, they'll stick an assortment of tools and protective equipment on the table, and tell you to fix two sockets to a piece of MDF and run a wire between them. We're usually just looking for how you problem solve; people aren't expecting you to know exactly how to do things when you've never done it before! As long as you take your time and think about things you should be fine, slow and methodical is always better than rushed and sloppy.

The interview itself is actually not as bad as you would expect, they'll ask you questions on your CV and discuss any extra info you've put on there before moving onto the questions based around the job and the company.

When they ask you about the business, its a bit daunting - again, you aren't expected to know absolutely everything. Just reading a few articles from google should give you a brief overview - the most relative information I see these days usually comes from articles which centre around superfast, anything to do with Ofcom and Openreach really, as these will often break down how Openreach works alongside service providers in a simple way as an introduction before the story.
They'll ask things like 'Do you know who Openreach's customers are?', as one of the key things to understand about Openreach is that it serves the Service Providers (Including BT itself) on an equal basis. I could sit and write a list of different things people have been asked all day, but essentially if you've gone into the interview with an idea of how Openreach runs as a business, you'll be fine :]

Hope this helps!
I have read about ofcom and open reach but was told they may ask bt competitors such as sky, however was told that many of these companies lease lines off bt? Is that incorrect? I have good knowledge on the products fibre broadband, by sport etc and bt as a company and the job description what I'm expected to do. What other sort of questions may they ask ? thank you so much for you help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending