The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

I got prescribed antihistamines which I'm now using.. although it is taking the itch away when the tablet has kicked in I do appear to be getting more rashes :s-smilie: Annoying! Hopefully after a couple of days it may improve.
Finally had my booking in appointment at 11+5... just got to wait for my scan appointment to come through the post now... Hope it's not too long to wait! (Also waiting for high risk consultant appointment but less fussed about that one!)

Still suffering with the hyperemesis, but GP put me back on steroids so managing to stay out of hospital at the moment (not able to work yet though, grrr, already been told I'll have to repeat my last 6 months of training due to how much sick leave I've had to take but that's life!)
I took a test this morning and a line appeared almost immediately but in the wrong place. I am just over a week late with my period. Am I seeing things? Also I bought FRER today but won't take it until tomorrow morning but the next few hours would probably drive me mad.

One image is edited as it has been lightened and the other is the original. What do you all think?
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=420466

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=420397
It could be. I found the clear blue digital tests reassuring as they actually spelt it out but I know that they aren't cheap or quite as sensitive. How was the test this morning?

Original post by donutaud15
I took a test this morning and a line appeared almost immediately but in the wrong place. I am just over a week late with my period. Am I seeing things? Also I bought FRER today but won't take it until tomorrow morning but the next few hours would probably drive me mad.

One image is edited as it has been lightened and the other is the original. What do you all think?
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=420466

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=420397
Original post by randdom
It could be. I found the clear blue digital tests reassuring as they actually spelt it out but I know that they aren't cheap or quite as sensitive. How was the test this morning?

Spent a small fortune on the digital ones so holding off until I get a definite positive on cheap ones lol

Cheap test was the same as yesterday's. FRER test was negative. I'll take it as negative. Thing is I still haven't got my period so God knows what's happening. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any update donutaud?

By 5/40 I usually got quite strong lines on cheapie tests - not familiar with the ones you've used so not sure where I'm looking for a line?
But first morning urine on a CB digi is my favourite and most sensitive I've found - has picked up 'pregnant 1-2' when my internet cheapie tests allegedly 10units sensitive don't...

So I'm 2WW-ing again... & probably should test stupidly early (i.e. 10 days post ovulation which is what my clinic have recommended with a FRER) so I know whether to add my my cocktails of preconceptual stuff (pregnancy vitamin and extra 2000iu vitamin D, extre folic acid & extra omega 3) with steroid tablets, baby aspirin dose and progesterone suppositories. No cause found for the 3 consecutive miscarriages so far but waiting on additional fancy private blood tests and privately consultant would be able to treat as 'seronegative autoimmune miscarrier'...
Original post by Anonymous
Any update donutaud?

By 5/40 I usually got quite strong lines on cheapie tests - not familiar with the ones you've used so not sure where I'm looking for a line?
But first morning urine on a CB digi is my favourite and most sensitive I've found - has picked up 'pregnant 1-2' when my internet cheapie tests allegedly 10units sensitive don't...

So I'm 2WW-ing again... & probably should test stupidly early (i.e. 10 days post ovulation which is what my clinic have recommended with a FRER) so I know whether to add my my cocktails of preconceptual stuff (pregnancy vitamin and extra 2000iu vitamin D, extre folic acid & extra omega 3) with steroid tablets, baby aspirin dose and progesterone suppositories. No cause found for the 3 consecutive miscarriages so far but waiting on additional fancy private blood tests and privately consultant would be able to treat as 'seronegative autoimmune miscarrier'...

Sorry they haven't found an obvious cause. How many days in are you? I hated the two week wait. Always drove me bonkers!
Tested and still bfn. Still no period (going on 3 weeks now). Had weird spotting for like an hour the day before my period was due but that's it. Nauseous as hell but surely if I'm pregnant it would have been picked up by hpt by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randdom
Sorry they haven't found an obvious cause. How many days in are you? I hated the two week wait. Always drove me bonkers!

Probably about 11 days post ovulation.
But a bit tricky to be sure as an odd month of ovulation testing - had a CB peak (from lows the day before without any high flashing smilies - weird) on Monday (cue DH needing to do 8 hours of travelling evening/overnight to come back home! :redface: ), then midcycle spotting/fertile CM on the Wednesday, but then an absurdly positive LH surge on internet cheapies wasn't until Saturday/Sunday which is when I originally thought it might be based on dates alone.

Have already done about 5 (all negative) pregnancy tests of various types so far & I am dreaming about doing pregnancy tests and waking up confused! We've had 3 pregnancies first month trying and the other (successful) one was second month so now I have All the Drugs (well, apart from heparin - I'll argue for that if I have a 4th mc) to try & make the next one work am feeling very impatient but probably need to get a grip...
Finally had my dating scan and all looking good so coming out from behind the anon function! Was terrified going into the scan as I had a big operation last Monday and was told there was a risk baby might not make it but good strong heartbeat today so very relieved. Official due date 26/12/2015.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1435578417.428898.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, I posted here few weeks ago about a weird line in home pregnancy test. I took several first response test and cheap ones since then but all negative. I've missed two periods and today have quite unbearable pain in my left pelvis. I'm not sure what to do or whether what to say to my GP. Any advice would be great pls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Hi all, I posted here few weeks ago about a weird line in home pregnancy test. I took several first response test and cheap ones since then but all negative. I've missed two periods and today have quite unbearable pain in my left pelvis. I'm not sure what to do or whether what to say to my GP. Any advice would be great pls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id suggest going to out of hours maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hygeia
Finally had my dating scan and all looking good so coming out from behind the anon function! Was terrified going into the scan as I had a big operation last Monday and was told there was a risk baby might not make it but good strong heartbeat today so very relieved. Official due date 26/12/2015.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excellent! I was worried!

A christmas baby! (I'm the 27th of December!)
Original post by Hygeia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw congrats :biggrin:

My 1 year old nephew is a 26th December baby! Was a really nice end to the christmas day/boxing day celebrations :biggrin:

How are all the babies doing?
Was also meaning to ask anyone who has had a section... should my scar still be really painful 8 months on? So sore and now madam is getting really very agile its getting sorer and sorer
Original post by Hygeia

Posted from TSR Mobile

[delurks] Congratulations! I had been wondering if the recent anon was you, and then was worried when I read about your operation. Glad everything looks to be going ok, hope you are recovering well.
Original post by Hygeia

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Let me know if you have any NHS sick leave/maternity leave/pay/LTFT queries... (I can PM you if you haven't kept track of all the Anon-ing!)

I've got my private O&G follow up today for the additional non-NHS tests for recurrent miscarriage (TNF-alpha/IL-something or other & NK activity assay) to figure out next steps - although will be slightly apprehensive about steroids from ovulation (or even humira/IV intralipids/immunoglobulins) if that's the plan...
Had blood test and got result this morning. Was told it was normal and no further action required. I'm assuming this is negative?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, realised I didn't update you - I delivered Max William on 14th June at 39+2 gestation. I went into labour following a successful sweep which I had on Friday 12th June (39 weeks gestation exactly), I woke up on Saturday at 4am with contractions and finally had Max on Sunday at 4.11pm. I had the sweep as unfortunately I developed severe PUPPP all over my body (apart from my face) and it was making me pretty damn miserable and I was living off hardly any sleep due to the intense itching. Unfortunately I didn't have the straightforward natural water birth that I really wanted and it did end up in an emergency c-section (I got to 9cm dilated and then Max's head obstructed the last 1cm of cervix from dilating and caused his head to get really swollen and sore) however I am just really happy that both me and my gorgeous Maxy-boy are well :smile:
Huge congratulations Sazzy! :smile:

Here's my update... Callie is now 15 months old!

Quick Reply

Latest