The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93

:hugs: take your time with the problems :hugs:

Ooo you have a blue name now!

Well I was right to find it hard because I was being asked to prove a vector = a scalar :K:
Original post by rayquaza17
Ooo you have a blue name now!

Well I was right to find it hard because I was being asked to prove a vector = a scalar :K:

Indeed :ahee:

I'm what context? :confused:
Indeed :ahee:

I'm what context? :confused:

It's because there was a typo on the (published) paper I was working through the equations on. It's funny because the paper goes on and on about how other people's papers are wrong, but I'm just a little second year and I found a mistake on that one. :colone:
It's because there was a typo on the (published) paper I was working through the equations on. It's funny because the paper goes on and on about how other people's papers are wrong, but I'm just a little second year and I found a mistake on that one. :colone:

Ahhh, I see :tongue: REsearch can be awesome but also fustrating too :eek: Am I right in that you have to do just a poster presentation? :smile:
Ahhh, I see :tongue: REsearch can be awesome but also fustrating too :eek: Am I right in that you have to do just a poster presentation? :smile:

Yep. :smile:
I'm very much short on cash at the moment and an idea I just had is to publish my university notes as a textbook.

Any advice of how to go about doing this?

Dr Slowbro93, can I ask you a maths question??
Dr Slowbro93, can I ask you a maths question??

Sure :smile: May not be able to answer properly till tomorrow
Sure :smile: May not be able to answer properly till tomorrow

Do you know why these are equal: Vρ(x,t)tdV=ddtVρ(x,t) dV\displaystyle \int_V \frac{\partial \rho(x,t)}{\partial t}dV = \frac{d}{dt} \int_V \rho(x,t) \ dV?

My lecturer showed me the other day and I remember he was used a taylor series for a function of two variables at some point, but I've totally forgotten the rest... It doesn't matter if you don't know or if it's too much to explain btw!

I think this is fluid dynamics (conservation of mass), and the maths forum is overrun with pure mathematicians. :redface:
Do you know why these are equal: Vρ(x,t)tdV=ddtVρ(x,t) dV\displaystyle \int_V \frac{\partial \rho(x,t)}{\partial t}dV = \frac{d}{dt} \int_V \rho(x,t) \ dV?

My lecturer showed me the other day and I remember he was used a taylor series for a function of two variables at some point, but I've totally forgotten the rest... It doesn't matter if you don't know or if it's too much to explain btw!

I think this is fluid dynamics (conservation of mass), and the maths forum is overrun with pure mathematicians. :redface:

I know the answer, but it would require a computer to type up my answer properly, is that okay? :smile:
I know the answer, but it would require a computer to type up my answer properly, is that okay? :smile:

Yeah.
have my lab induction on Tuesday afternoon at Southampton uni :woo:
Original post by lilGem

Best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by jelly1000
Best of luck :biggrin:

thank you :smile:
Original post by lilGem

Sounds exciting - that is the problem with studying English, no exciting lab work. Hope it goes well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by codle
Sounds exciting - that is the problem with studying English, no exciting lab work. Hope it goes well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :smile: I'm just going to be a lab assistant in a molecular medicine lab for a month or so before term starts :h:
Guy's can any of you tell me what is the best way of revising :frown:
Just thought I'd take some time to post a quick update. I hope everyone's doing goooooood. What are you all up to this summer? :awesome:

I'm half way through my interrailling trip around Europe. I've been to Amsterdam, Munich, Prague, Kraków and Budapest so far, and I'm going to Vienna tomorrow. After that, it's just Venice, Rome and Paris left, before one last night in Amsterdam again where I fly home on the 1st. It's been a pretty unreal experience... But I've been homesick as ****. Not even for home, but I've missed my boyfriend terribly. I guess going from spending basically every day together to nothing at all was a hard transition to make for me (I'm a lot more sensitive than most :colondollar:). But the good thing is it's just really made me realise how much I love him and wanna be with him. Which is awesome. He's so amazing :suith:.

I find out what I (hopefully) graduate with on the 22nd. Welp. Good or bad, I'll let you guys know. Let's hope for a 2:1, even if it's a scrape!

But yeah, I hope you're all having an awesome time. Much love <3
Original post by snailsareslimy
Just thought I'd take some time to post a quick update. I hope everyone's doing goooooood. What are you all up to this summer? :awesome:

I'm half way through my interrailling trip around Europe. I've been to Amsterdam, Munich, Prague, Kraków and Budapest so far, and I'm going to Vienna tomorrow. After that, it's just Venice, Rome and Paris left, before one last night in Amsterdam again where I fly home on the 1st. It's been a pretty unreal experience... But I've been homesick as ****. Not even for home, but I've missed my boyfriend terribly. I guess going from spending basically every day together to nothing at all was a hard transition to make for me (I'm a lot more sensitive than most :colondollar:). But the good thing is it's just really made me realise how much I love him and wanna be with him. Which is awesome. He's so amazing :suith:.

I find out what I (hopefully) graduate with on the 22nd. Welp. Good or bad, I'll let you guys know. Let's hope for a 2:1, even if it's a scrape!

But yeah, I hope you're all having an awesome time. Much love <3

Your snaps :love: I remember this time last year how we were writing the tinder tales :teehee: so happy for you! :woo:
So I thought I would just be a lab assistant- I had my induction yesterday and will be doing my own research on the expression and cloning of transporters in E. coli and how it affects drug efficacy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending