The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
must meditate ...

I don't suppose you have a model answer from one one your worksheets to hand for a Q on volume of revolution about y axis where graph given parametrically? :hubba:
Original post by studentwiz
how do you check to see if you have the right partial fraction?

combine partial fractions under a common denominator C3 style and check. Or sub x=1 for e.g. into both forms and see if you get the right answer. a little substitution can be used for nearly all C4 Qs to see if you are right
Gold papers are edexcel p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98
I don't suppose you have a model answer from one one your worksheets to hand for a Q on volume of revolution about y axis where graph given parametrically? :hubba:

I am truly ashamed ...

parametric
volume
about the y axis

3 aspects to be satisfied here ...
I did look the best is 2 aspects out of 3...
I will make one ...
Past papers but jumbled up*******

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98
combine partial fractions under a common denominator C3 style and check. Or sub x=1 for e.g. into both forms and see if you get the right answer. a little substitution can be used for nearly all C4 Qs to see if you are right

Original post by TeeEm
I am truly ashamed ...

parametric
volume
about the y axis

3 aspects to be satisfied here ...
I did look the best is 2 aspects out of 3...
I will make one ...

:rofl: it is my life goal to find a flaw in your wealth of resources :wink: Just a quick check though, would it simply be

[br][br]πx2dydt dt[br][br][br][br]\pi\displaystyle\int x^2\frac{dy}{dt}\ dt[br][br]
Where limits are in terms of t and found using the values of y given in Q. apologies for poor formatting above, first time using LaTex

Be sure to quote me with the Q!!
Original post by Gilo98
:rofl: it is my life goal to find a flaw in your wealth of resources :wink: Just a quick check though, would it simply be

[br][br]πx2dydt dt[br][br][br][br]\pi\displaystyle\int x^2\frac{dy}{dt}\ dt[br][br]
Where limits are in terms of t and found using the values of y given in Q. apologies for poor formatting above, first time using LaTex

Be sure to quote me with the Q!!

it would be ...
(I even have revolution about the line x=4)
Original post by TeeEm
it would be ...
(I even have revolution about the line x=4)

Thank you. Oooo, care to share with model answer? Got a feeling they might throw a horrid integration Q this year.
how do you intergrate x/x^2-1
Original post by Gilo98
Thank you. Oooo, care to share with model answer? Got a feeling they might throw a horrid integration Q this year.

can be done another way to the one I show ...
(edited 8 years ago)
how do you check to see if you have the right partial fraction?

Enter a random x value into the initial fraction and the partial fractions and see if you get the same result
hows revision going guys? i absolutely suck at vectors, when they stray from the basics could anyone explain how to go about Q8 e and f in June 14?
help
Reply 1054
how do you intergrate x/x^2-1

You would state y= ln |x^2-1| then use chain rule to differentiate, obtaining dy/dx= 1/ln (x^2-1) *(2x) - 2x is the differential of the function. Then to make it equal to the form you want to times the integral by 1/a whichis 1/2. Therefore the integral would be 1/2ln|x^2-1| + C
help

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327325

look at post 244, PDF 9/10 for similar types
Original post by Gilo98

question made.
I did really well in the June 14 paper, but I really dont understand this question?? Can someone help me on it
Original post by TeeEm
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327325

look at post 244, PDF 9/10 for similar types

those questions are crazy, if you wrote the c4 paper boundaries would hit 30 for a
Original post by Dante991
I did really well in the June 14 paper, but I really dont understand this question?? Can someone help me on it

part b~?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending