The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Statistics 18th of June 2015

Hey thanks for this I'll start revising now actually? What grade are you aiming for?And what did you get in your controlled assessment?
Original post by Ihatespirometers
Hey thanks for this I'll start revising now actually? What grade are you aiming for?And what did you get in your controlled assessment?

What did you get in your Controlled Assessment?
Original post by It's_Jon!
What did you get in your Controlled Assessment?

40, it's subject to moderation but my teacher is pretty confident with all our marks , how about you?
40, it's subject to moderation but my teacher is pretty confident with all our marks , how about you?

40/40?! wow, my teacher hasn't given back our CA yet, what are you revising atm?
Original post by It's_Jon!
40/40?! wow, my teacher hasn't given back our CA yet, what are you revising atm?

Yeah, I found it fairly straight forward :smile: And good luck when you do get it back

At the moment I'm revising for my end of year exams, as I'm in year 11, but I'm doing a few past papers now, hbu?

Wow 40, your brain pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Wow 40, your brain pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha what did you get in your controlled assessment?
What are people actually revising for statistics? I mean I know a lot of it's just common sense, but do we need to know binomial, standard deviation, PMCC e.t.c? My maths teacher jst focused on the FSMQ for the past 2 years, so I know nothing! HELP PLZ
Anyone know about standardized death rates? Usually in past papers they give you the standard population but I'm not sure if they give that in our paper
Original post by Karimuncher
Anyone know about standardized death rates? Usually in past papers they give you the standard population but I'm not sure if they give that in our paper

You need to have an awareness of standardised rates

- they take in account age distributions of people living in an area, so you can compare 2 areas more fairly
- if an area had more over 60s than another it's likely to have a higher standardised rate.
-

You don't need to know how to calculate it, as this was removed from Ye specification

Hope I helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caraerica
What are people actually revising for statistics? I mean I know a lot of it's just common sense, but do we need to know binomial, standard deviation, PMCC e.t.c? My maths teacher jst focused on the FSMQ for the past 2 years, so I know nothing! HELP PLZ

You do not need to know binomial distribution that's edexcel.

You do need to know about pmcc and sd

I would look at the specification, if you're unsure on what to learn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caraerica

Need help on how to calculate?
You need to have an awareness of standardised rates

- they take in account age distributions of people living in an area, so you can compare 2 areas more fairly
- if an area had more over 60s than another it's likely to have a higher standardised rate.
-

You don't need to know how to calculate it, as this was removed from Ye specification

Hope I helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers! Glad it's been removed I think haha(:
Original post by Karimuncher
Cheers! Glad it's been removed I think haha(:

You're welcome... One more day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
You're welcome... One more day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you explain D)ii) to me please

10 (d) A random sample of 28 of the delivery times recorded by ‘Rapid’ showed that 21deliveries were made in under 102 minutes.10 (d) (i) Estimate the percentage of all ‘Rapid’ delivery times that would be completed in under102 minutes.[1 mark]............................................................................................................................................Answer .................................................................. %10

(d) (ii) To improve the accuracy of this estimate it is suggested that the variability should bereduced by one half.What size sample would be needed to achieve this level of improvement?[1 mark]............................................................................................................................................Answer ......................................................................
Original post by G2S
Could you explain D)ii) to me please

10 (d) A random sample of 28 of the delivery times recorded by ‘Rapid’ showed that 21deliveries were made in under 102 minutes.10 (d) (i) Estimate the percentage of all ‘Rapid’ delivery times that would be completed in under102 minutes.[1 mark]............................................................................................................................................Answer .................................................................. %10

(d) (ii) To improve the accuracy of this estimate it is suggested that the variability should bereduced by one half.What size sample would be needed to achieve this level of improvement?[1 mark]............................................................................................................................................Answer ......................................................................

For 10d it's 75 % as 21/28*100=75. We are told that 21 deliveries are completed in under 21 minutes and the total sample is 28.

10dii it's 28 * 4 =112
Reply 18
For 10d it's 75 % as 21/28*100=75. We are told that 21 deliveries are completed in under 21 minutes and the total sample is 28.

10dii it's 28 * 4 =112

Can you explain why it's multiplied by 4 please?
Yeah, I found it fairly straight forward :smile: And good luck when you do get it back

At the moment I'm revising for my end of year exams, as I'm in year 11, but I'm doing a few past papers now, hbu?

how did you revise and which questions came up help pls

Quick Reply