The Student Room Group

A2 AQA German June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Thought that was just psychology and sociology papers that got stolen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Leanne1455
Thought that was just psychology and sociology papers that got stolen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From 15 subjects.. so German could be one of them I guess
Original post by ridirahman
From 15 subjects.. so German could be one of them I guess

I don't think Germans one, I've seen a list and German wasn't on there and yeah bigger gaps will be so much better so fingers crossed
just really really need an A for my uni course, will be so devasted if it's a nasty paper x
Original post by rach_lizzie
just really really need an A for my uni course, will be so devasted if it's a nasty paper x

I don't need an A but I'd like one so I'm the same!
German wasn't involved in the van incident. I've seen an AQA published list of the exams involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eleanor789
the grade boundaries are ridiculous! considering only 4,000 people do german a level as well, must be the fluents that are bringing the marks up! i'm doing der besuch der alten dame and the time period 1945-1990 but will most likely 100% answer the essay on the play! anyone else doing der besuch?

I know - it's crazy!
I'm doing Der Besuch and Das Leben der Anderen (Film)! How are you feeling about the exam?
I'm doing der Besuch too :smile: Would really love a question like "dramatic strategies"/"why do you like it?"/is it successful?....something nice and vague that allows you to put your own stamp on it :smile: x
Reply 48
How do you get exactly 40/40 on the essay (section B)?

And how would you structure your essay? I'm doing the exams without any lessons or anything(my school doesn't have German as a subject for A levels) been self teaching my self everything by now can someone help please?
name your book/director/time/region in the first paragraph and make it clear what you're going to be talking about, e.g. reword the question. I always like to put 'Im Laufe dieses Aufsatzs werde ich die X erklären und analysieren, unter anderem A und B. Some people list the topic of each paragraph as well, make it clear which direction you're going in.

For the paragraphs the easiest way to get marks is to follow PEE - point evidence explain, relating back to the question constantly and giving opinions.

Try to find synonyms for frequently used words, e.g. instead of 'sehr' use 'unglaublich' 'äusserst' and 'einigermassen' and instead of 'faszinierend' use 'fesselnd' and 'bezaubernd' (LEO is your best friend)

For sentence structures, try and get in as many different ones as possible: passives, indirect speech, pluperfect then obviously conditional/imperfect/perfect

It's really important to never lose what your talking about and to revolve your essay around the question because content marks are the majority.

Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 50
Original post by ES123456
name your book/director/time/region in the first paragraph and make it clear what you're going to be talking about, e.g. reword the question. I always like to put 'Im Laufe dieses Aufsatzs werde ich die X erklären und analysieren, unter anderem A und B. Some people list the topic of each paragraph as well, make it clear which direction you're going in.

For the paragraphs the easiest way to get marks is to follow PEE - point evidence explain, relating back to the question constantly and giving opinions.

Try to find synonyms for frequently used words, e.g. instead of 'sehr' use 'unglaublich' 'äusserst' and 'einigermassen' and instead of 'faszinierend' use 'fesselnd' and 'bezaubernd' (LEO is your best friend)

For sentence structures, try and get in as many different ones as possible: passives, indirect speech, pluperfect then obviously conditional/imperfect/perfect

It's really important to never lose what your talking about and to revolve your essay around the question because content marks are the majority.

Thanks this is really helpful!
Reply 51
Original post by ES123456

Thanks this is really helpful!:smile:
How do you get exactly 40/40 on the essay (section B)?

And how would you structure your essay? I'm doing the exams without any lessons or anything(my school doesn't have German as a subject for A levels) been self teaching my self everything by now can someone help please?

lol damn how did you manage to get an A in AS by self teaching?
I'm finding it hard even though my teacher went through everything & stuff..
Reply 53
Original post by manlikem
lol damn how did you manage to get an A in AS by self teaching?
I'm finding it hard even though my teacher went through everything & stuff..

I was born and raised in Austria/Vienna I went to school there as well so I know German haha but I came here at a young age like when I was 12/13 so my vocabulary is weak (forgot most words) and my spelling too but I understand everything and my grammar and reading is still really good like I know when someone uses wrong grammar or doesn't speak/write german right.

Now I kinda have to self teach myself everything again trying to do these essays now :/ and doing past papers. A2 is much much harder than AS but I think it will be fine because I was going through the exemplar papers(on the AQA website) and most students have a lot of grammatical errors but still seem to get really high marks. I've also seen a paper where the intro didn't even really make sense in german but the person still managed to get 40 marks so yeah dw we'll be fine.
(edited 8 years ago)
I was born and raised in Austria/Vienna I went to school there as well so I know German haha but I came here at a young age like when I was 12/13 so my vocabulary is weak (forgot most words) and my spelling too but I understand everything and my grammar and reading is still really good like I know when someone uses wrong grammar or doesn't speak/write german right.

Now I kinda have to self teach myself everything again trying to do these essays now :/ and doing past papers. A2 is much much harder than AS but I think it will be fine because I was going through the exemplar papers(on the AQA website) and most students have a lot of grammatical errors but still seem to get really high marks. I've also seen a paper where the intro didn't even really make sense in german but the person still managed to get 40 marks so yeah dw we'll be fine.

oh okay no wonder I was thinking.. lol luckyy
Hey! Can I take an exemplar paper that has full marks from the AQA website and memorise it then write it as my essay on Thursday?
or does the essay have to be about the stuff we did for speaking?
Original post by manlikem
or does the essay have to be about the stuff we did for speaking?

It's supposed to be what you did in the speaking but they technically wouldn't know.

However, the examiners will be aware of the exemplar materials so you'll be risking a lot if you copy them word for word because it's technically cheating.

Also the question will not be the same so you need to have some sort of idea to change it etc...
Unless you have the memory of a genius, you won't learn an essay in that amount of time. I've been learning my own for weeks and still am unsure with part of it. It's harder to learn something that isn't in your own words too. Just learn an essay you have wrote yourself if you are going to attempt it though. No point in risking your entire exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
I'm hoping to do German with Russian at uni, so I really need an A for this! I'm on track for a good grade, but that hasn't stopped the nerves setting in already!
I'm most worried about the essay to be honest, but I'm just gonna learn the structure of/some good phrases in a few of my top mark essays and hopefully it'll be alright!
What's everyone most nervous about for this exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending