The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zurich used to go watch QPR games every week as kid, now says there's only one club in London. The guy chats sh*t ffs

Not saying I don't respect the fans who travel up and down the country to watch their team, at the end of the day anyone who does is cut from the same cloth. Quite sad how a change of colour brings out such a bitchy side from people. The fans who live overseas, get up as stupid o'clock to watch it in a bar, on their tv/laptop and actively support their team in a positive way should be encouraged, whether they are from a sh*tty small village in Japan or not.
Wilf and Zurich vs SUG and Shed End

I know who I'm betting on....
Reply 5902
Above post by butterfly crossed a line

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's essentially the real fans against the plastics.

With the plastics fighting tooth & nail to justify supporting their Sky club
Original post by TornadoGR4

I'm neutral tbf and you made some good points, Wilf killed your argument off tbh with the "hurr durr Glory supporters hurr durr" really.

Ah do one.Leeda were a top 6 side when you started supporting them.
Original post by The Shed End

Leeda
Original post by Depleted
I'm neutral tbf and you made some good points, Wilf killed your argument off tbh with the "hurr durr Glory supporters hurr durr" really.

Not really. I just touched a nerve with you when I mentioned the Pride of All Europe song.

You've got a good club on your doorstep. You have cheaper tickets and you can actually attend some matches.

You're a Leeds lad. Do the right thing.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not really. I just touched a nerve with you when I mentioned the Pride of All Europe song.

You've got a good club on your doorstep. You have cheaper tickets and you can actually attend some matches.

You're a Leeds lad. Do the right thing.

Yes but you cannot form and dissolve a relationship with a football club like that. Contrary to popular belief, us "outsiders" can't chop and change club at the drop of a hat having backed and gone through so many emotions with a club. Agüero's goal against QPR marked one of the worst days of my life in sport, I can't turn that off like a tap.
Original post by Depleted
Yes but you cannot form and dissolve a relationship with a football club like that. Contrary to popular belief, us "outsiders" can't chop and change club at the drop of a hat having backed and gone through so many emotions with a club. Agüero's goal against QPR marked one of the worst days of my life in sport, I can't turn that off like a tap.

Yeah must have been tough losing to your local rivals and going into work the next day. Oh wait.

Of course you can switch. You're not a Manc.

You're just scared of switching clubs to be honest.

Seriously mate give it up. Go and support Leeds. They're a ****ing good club.
who would win a FF cage match no hold barred? my money would be on Deshi if he was still here, reckon FFTypoCorrector is a nutter so would back him.
Original post by The Shed End

And I've seen them tumble all the way down to barely surviving.

Whereas you've only supported Chelsea since 2004.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
who would win a FF cage match no hold barred? my money would be on Deshi if he was still here, reckon FFTypoCorrector is a nutter so would back him.

Bitch pls

Lúcio would use FK as a manlet weapon to beat everybody else up...
So a Leeds lad is a gloryhunter for supporting a club that has absolutely melted over the past ten years?

What a load of *******s.
Tornado is yet to respond to my exam question, I wonder if Wilf or Zurich could answer it any better
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Tornado is yet to respond to my exam question, I wonder if Wilf or Zurich could answer it any better

Whichever answer I give you you'll twist it around. You're that type of person. Of course the locality of a club influences your connection to it. But I didn't say it was the sole reason to be connected to a club, just that it was a significant factor
Whichever answer I give you you'll twist it around. You're that type of person. Of course the locality of a club influences your connection to it. But I didn't say it was the sole reason to be connected to a club, just that it was a significant factor

Significant in that you can't be truly connected to a club unless you're local to it? Because that's what you implied before.

And if that's the case, could you please detail why it is the case?
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Significant in that you can't be truly connected to a club unless you're local to it? Because that's what you implied before.

And if that's the case, could you please detail why it is the case?

Yes. Yes it is a significant factor. I I genuinely don't feel you can be truly connected and love your club if you're not from the area. You get to know & recognise match goers. As mentioned earlier, Hillsborough is irrelevant to you. But the two Leeds fans killed in Istanbul really resonates with me & other Leeds fans. It's that type of emotional connection you just can't form supporting your club from hundreds of miles away & I'm afraid you'll never realise thatm
Yes. Yes it is a significant factor. I I genuinely don't feel you can be truly connected and love your club if you're not from the area. You get to know & recognise match goers. As mentioned earlier, Hillsborough is irrelevant to you. But the two Leeds fans killed in Istanbul really resonates with me & other Leeds fans. It's that type of emotional connection you just can't form supporting your club from hundreds of miles away & I'm afraid you'll never realise thatm

thatm
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
thatm

Fair.

Latest