The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

God has set before us a race :tongue: ....

Run with Perseverance

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12 v 2
Original post by Aula
... You do realise you just quoted a post made almost two years ago, right?

Everyone else is quoting posts from 2000 years ago, that's nothing.
What is our moral law?

[video="youtube;bl9ds3W7HQ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9ds3W7HQ0[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9ds3W7HQ0
Earlier this year, the worship song ‘10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)’ was sung by a group of prisoners as they faced a 13-man firing squad in Indonesia.....

http://www.premierchristianity.com/Blog/Matt-Redman-on-how-executed-prisoners-sang-10-000-Reasons
A jihadist was left for dead near the Eastern border of Syria where he was rescued by Christian missionaries from the region...

http://beforeitsnews.com/christian-news/2015/02/isis-fighter-converts-to-christianity-after-god-sent-him-straight-to-hell-2509708.html
Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow. 18"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.…

Isaiah 1 v 17
1 John 4:9–10

In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.
In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us :smile: and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins
Fasting is to be done in secret. :colondollar:

"But when you fast so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you" (Matthew 6:17).

I was just wondering does anyone fast and for what reason ie an individual need to for some other reason ie to deepen their spiritual journey? The bible gives examples of people fasting from 3 days (Esther and Paul after he was blinded) to other lengths of time.
I used to fast for 24 hours from all foods on Good Friday when I was relatively young - in late primary school/early secondary school, I think (don't quite remember). I soon realised that, as well as being very difficult, I wasn't doing it for the right reasons, so I gave it up :colondollar:
Leaving the lovely Church I found at Uni this week and job hunting has begun. Sad feelings this week :frown:
Original post by Obsidian
Leaving the lovely Church I found at Uni this week and job hunting has begun. Sad feelings this week :frown:

This was me two weeks ago
Obsidian
:frown:

temi.h.o.
:frown:

Commiserations to and prayers going up for both of you. It's always excruciating to leave a university church/chaplaincy community :sadnod:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Commiserations to and prayers going up for both of you. It's always excruciating to leave a university church/chaplaincy community :sadnod:

Thank you :smile: I have brought the emergency chocolate out!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

yeah. especially when that community has shown you so much love and helped you so much, but it only helps you, luckily I have got church back home with my family so everything I've learnt I can just apply it at home :smile:
Original post by temi.h.o.
yeah. especially when that community has shown you so much love and helped you so much, but it only helps you, luckily I have got church back home with my family so everything I've learnt I can just apply it at home :smile:

Awww, that's the spirit :biggrin:

Original post by Obsidian
Thank you :smile: I have brought the emergency chocolate out!

Sounds like a plan! :hugs:
Hello everyone, christian here!

May peace be with and may God bless you.

Would like to share the Jesus prayer which is a great, brief prayer.

'Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermonkey92
Hello everyone, christian here!

May peace be with and may God bless you.

Would like to share the Jesus prayer which is a great, brief prayer.

'Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner'

:hi: Welcome! I'm Shan, resident badly-behaved Catholic :jebus: Do make yourself at home, and thanks for reminding me of that prayer :h:
Original post by Aula
:sad: will definitely pray.

Thankyou!
Slowly getting better, ended up being taken to the drs friday evening by a paramedic as things got worse, id developed a chest infection so was put on antibiotics, and the paramedic said my right lung didnt sound to be working properly, so guessing that was the bad lung!

Since started feeling better after spending most of the day in bed worn out with sore lungs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Racoon
Fasting is to be done in secret. :colondollar:

"But when you fast so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you" (Matthew 6:17).

I was just wondering does anyone fast and for what reason ie an individual need to for some other reason ie to deepen their spiritual journey? The bible gives examples of people fasting from 3 days (Esther and Paul after he was blinded) to other lengths of time.

I don't fast, already got a complicated enough relationship with food without limiting it further. I think personally things like fasting from using your laptop or your phone would probably help relationship with God better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending