The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Aw cake. :hugs: <3

You should never hate yourself, you're worth so much more than that and you seem like such a great person with such a great personality. Although it may seem like I'm talking utter rubbish right now, I do mean it and you need to get yourself to realise that. Whatever you may have done in the past that is making you feel this way, you should just push to one side. Nothing can change it and ultimately you should love yourself no matter what happens.

My advice may not be entirely great but I believe you should just keep repeating how great you are. Every single morning when you wake up just remember how great you are. Do it right now and do it before you go to sleep, every second that you wish...bc what's stopping you?
Remember how great you can be at your best.
Remember your achievements. Remember how kind of a person you are.
Remember all the positive aspects of your soul.

You dont need to be someone completely different to make a change. If you feel like you were unreasonable to a particular person yesterday then tomorrow you become reasonable, you're perfect just the way you are cake. <3

I've got a youtube video if you'd like to watch...it may help with how you're feeling at the moment.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMzDTaq9XW4

Also a song:

Christina Aguilera~ you are beautiful...I think it applies.

I totally apologise if whatever I said doesnt apply to your situation and is utter rubbish. Hope you feel better soon Cake, you look sweet when you smile. :hugs: <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for this, that was very nice of you :smile: I just haven't had a real smile for so long, I just want to be my old self again.
Idk why I can't revise I am so so so stressed yet I've not even opened the book in months and months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CescaD96
Not good, sadly. Still not feeling right after the triggering threads. I feel like tomorrow's meeting will be me crying a lot even though I hate it.

:frown: I'm sorry that you're not feeling any better. Hopefully they'll be able to help you out tomorrow? What's the meeting about?
Original post by Pathway
:frown: I'm sorry that you're not feeling any better. Hopefully they'll be able to help you out tomorrow? What's the meeting about?

Well it's my weekly meet up and the therapy for my new diagnosis will probably start.
Well it's my weekly meet up and the therapy for my new diagnosis will probably start.

:hugs: I hope it goes well. Be honest with them on how much you're struggling. :sadnod:
Original post by Pathway
:hugs: I hope it goes well. Be honest with them on how much you're struggling. :sadnod:

I'll try but its really hard for me right now. So scared. :cry2:
Original post by Pathway
:hugs: Sorry you're feeling so bad. Has anything specific caused you to think like this do you think?

It's been building up. I have no real friends left. Nonr of them care anymore. All my life I've given so much to people, I help so much, I used to enjoy making people laugh and smile. But in the end, it seems I'm not valued, thrown away, even after years of friendship I just don't matter anymore. Anyone I meet or see's me, I feel like they hate me instantly. I struggle to get close to people. I can't laugh anymore, I can't joke, my smile is fake. Even on tsr, I've lost any reason to talk to people, I just know no one cares. I have family, they love me which in grateful for, but with my friends I was my true self, now I can't do that anymore. The last text message I had from a "friend" they just wanted to ask questions about uni. That's all I'm good for. The "how are you" is bull****, if I told any of them how i really was, they won't help me, they'll just disappear.
I'll try but its really hard for me right now. So scared. :cry2:

I know. :frown: :console: Is there anything specific that's scaring you? Would writing it down help?

Original post by cake_lover
It's been building up. I have no real friends left. Nonr of them care anymore. All my life I've given so much to people, I help so much, I used to enjoy making people laugh and smile. But in the end, it seems I'm not valued, thrown away, even after years of friendship I just don't matter anymore. Anyone I meet or see's me, I feel like they hate me instantly. I struggle to get close to people. I can't laugh anymore, I can't joke, my smile is fake. Even on tsr, I've lost any reason to talk to people, I just know no one cares. I have family, they love me which in grateful for, but with my friends I was my true self, now I can't do that anymore. The last text message I had from a "friend" they just wanted to ask questions about uni. That's all I'm good for. The "how are you" is bull****, if I told any of them how i really was, they won't help me, they'll just disappear.

:frown: That sounds really awful, I do understand (not fully, obviously), my friends back home are the same. They are only there when they need something from me, but as soon as I ask for help it's like I don't exist.

:console: You've always got us in the MHSS though, if you ever need help or someone to talk to we're here for you, we won't go anywhere. We care. And you do matter, you really do. Have you spoken to your family about this? Or gone to your GP? It sounds as though you're having a really rough time right now and could do with some support. :sadnod:
Original post by Pathway
I know. :frown: :console: Is there anything specific that's scaring you? Would writing it down help?

Spoiler

Spoiler

:hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
:hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

This is me. haha.
Thank you so much for this, that was very nice of you :smile: I just haven't had a real smile for so long, I just want to be my old self again.

You're welcome. <3
Aw yeah, I understand. -really. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

CBT and DBT have been ruled out since I just want to know how to cope.

Even on tsr, I've lost any reason to talk to people, I just know no one cares.

Cake, we'll always be here for you no matter what. Aw ofc we care!

If you ever feel like you want to talk, whatever, whenever then just send me a message. If you'd like to send me one every 2 weeks then totally go for it. Every 2 seconds? Then totally go for it again. I'll never get annoyed or feel like you're bugging me in any way at all. Even though we haven't talked much before prior to this point...Im here and I genuinely care. I consider you as a friend and that's what we're here for.

Im certain if you decided to send a message on this thread then everyone would feel the same way as I just described. Infact, it'd get to the point where you'd be ignoring our responses purely bc the fact there'd be too many. :giggle: I assure you. <3

We care about anything and everything. It doesnt even matter what the subject is..if you wish to talk to us about your favourite colour or what you're going to have for dinner or if you fancy giving a 12 minute speech on why you prefer black jeans over blue jeans. We'll all be listening.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest