The Student Room Group

A2 EdexcelDrama and Theatre Studies Unit 4 - Tips on revising and creating a concept!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by antpap
It's an immersive piece.Using some elements of the original conditions - natural lighting mainly, having the chours sing and dance. And it also has modern twists. A cube, acting as the Skene, is the only set. etc.

Yourself?

Wow sounds v original - good one! Suffragettes - woman equality and voting :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Fabpc14
Wow sounds v original - good one! Suffragettes - woman equality and voting :smile:

Cool! Good Luck! I definitely find Section A the hardest, even though it's meant to be the easiest.
Reply 42
Original post by antpap
Cool! Good Luck! I definitely find Section A the hardest, even though it's meant to be the easiest.

Yes me too! The timing, and the fact that its so easy to loose marks from not answering the q etc!

Thanks, you 2!
What do they mean by design element, visual impact and directors impact?

and has anyone estimated the type of question the will ask for section C or has more practice questions like question C??????

please please please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 44
Woyzeck section B how would you explore a directorial concept based in a prison e.g woyzeck and andres the prisoners how would you build upon this idea?!

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :smile:
The flipping problem with this exam is that most questions are exactly the same but a few random word changes, and the phrasing of the questions or words used are so confusing :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by iamlouisa_g
What do they mean by design element, visual impact and directors impact?

and has anyone estimated the type of question the will ask for section C or has more practice questions like question C??????

please please please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Design element - things you make - props,costume,set,sound,light
Visual - what you see - all except music and sound
Director - talk about the modern production and why the director has chosen to do that - what impact it creates
Original post by Fabpc14
Design element - things you make - props,costume,set,sound,light
Visual - what you see - all except music and sound
Director - talk about the modern production and why the director has chosen to do that - what impact it creates

thank youuuuuuuu :smile::smile::smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Is everyone's exam tomorrow morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StudentFZ
Is everyone's exam tomorrow morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeppp :,(
this may sound silly but would they ask for actors impact. if yes what would that mean?
and just to double check with others what doe it mean to evaluate for section C????
For section b, will they ever ask to describe a directors concept for one area or character from a script? Or will it always be very general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come to think of it, I don't know what I would :-//

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by ILoveBooks
For section b, will they ever ask to describe a directors concept for one area or character from a script? Or will it always be very general?

they have asked a couple of years ago to discuss how you would portray a relationship between two characters, so it can be more character based
Original post by iamlouisa_g
this may sound silly but would they ask for actors impact. if yes what would that mean?
and just to double check with others what doe it mean to evaluate for section C????

Anything to do with the actors so face, voice, body, proxemics!
What has everyone planned for section B? I've done a standard introduction and then a default paragraph on set, do you think it would be a good idea to do a couple characters too?
Hey Glasses123,

Have you ONLY written a page on introduction and one on set? Out of all your script?? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StudentFZ
Hey Glasses123,

Have you ONLY written a page on introduction and one on set? Out of all your script?? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously my script is annotated fully for section A, since that will have an extract to analyse. But thats all I've done for section B: Intro on my interpretation, my interpretation and OPC on set, my interpretation and OPC on lighting. That and then little bits and pieces on certain scenes but the chances are they'll only ask a question about either visual or acting or something that can be answered with one of those.

What have you written?
Ohh okay!! I've written rehearsal techniques - only a few throughout, introduction to my concept, staging notes, set ODC, actors, costume general and for each character justified and linked to my research, sound ODC, lighting ODC, etc etc. and more research. I feel un prepped and so not ready for tomorrow :/ ahh!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending