The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joanne9495
Just been told I am on the waiting list! 8 med school rejections and this is my only wait listing place! Gutted I just missed out!
Does anyone know my changes of being made an offer?

Oh wow I really really hope you get the offer! hold on:smile:!

I know quite a few people who got offers from bm6 this year and still waiting or have offers from other places too! Fingers crossed :smile:
Did they say when you will get a reply from them?
Is the waiting list a new thing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by games211
Oh wow I really really hope you get the offer! hold on:smile:!

I know quite a few people who got offers from bm6 this year and still waiting or have offers from other places too! Fingers crossed :smile:
Did they say when you will get a reply from them?
Is the waiting list a new thing?

Thank you! Not sure if it is a new thing. I was told to reply if I want to accept it and they would be in touch the beginning of July. They did say that it could be as late as September though!
Reply 1082
I got an email today saying that I can be put on a waiting list, so I agreed no harm Eh 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aqsa__
I got an email today saying that I can be put on a waiting list, so I agreed no harm Eh 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry to hear that but don't give up :smile: Are you doing your A2's or are you a gap year student?
Reply 1084
I'm on the waiting list too, freaked me out yesterday bc it comes up as a rejection on UCAS but thank gawd they emailed me this morning to tell me
Reply 1085
Aww Thankyou! & I'm doing my A2 wbu? Congrats to everyone who got an offer tho ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aqsa__
Aww Thankyou! & I'm doing my A2 wbu? Congrats to everyone who got an offer tho ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any info re the waiting list? How many people are on it etc?
Reply 1087
Do you have any info re the waiting list? How many people are on it etc?

Nope but I wanted to know too, but I'm just hoping I get my first choice now 💪

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am on the waiting list too :smile:
Original post by Medicjug
I am on the waiting list too :smile:

Quite a lot on the waiting list for a course with vet few places....
Does anyone know if we can form a backup choice on ucas and still be considered?
I heard if you have other medicine offers, you are taken off the list?
Just been told I am on the waiting list! 8 med school rejections and this is my only wait listing place! Gutted I just missed out!
Does anyone know my changes of being made an offer?

I was on the waiting list last year and I was offered a place only two weeks before the start of term. Accept to be placed in the waiting list but then try to forget about it. Carrying on as if you've received a rejection and try and get your grades. That way, if you do get an offer, you'll be happy. But if you don't you'll have plans in place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asmaalim
I was on the waiting list last year and I was offered a place only two weeks before the start of term. Accept to be placed in the waiting list but then try to forget about it. Carrying on as if you've received a rejection and try and get your grades. That way, if you do get an offer, you'll be happy. But if you don't you'll have plans in place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow. great news!
Whats the best thing about the first year generally?
Original post by games211
Oh wow. great news!
Whats the best thing about the first year generally?

I'm in the foundation year (almost at the end). Looking back I was totally out of my depth at first. All these deadlines and objectives were thrown at us and I had no idea where to start. One of the teachers was made aware of this and kindly made us a table to put things into perspective. We also had the opportunity to talk to some students from the BM6 yr before us one lunchtime which was very useful. Overall though, the BM6 year has been very relaxed so far (except for the days before deadlines/exams). If you do the work as you go along and attend the lectures you'll do fine. One of the benefits of only having lectures for three days is you have a lot of free time to do other things which is a big plus for me.

But the best thing? That's a hard one but I would have to say this year has been a very good preparation for next year and the rest of the course. I know what I'm doing, how to study, organise and write essays etc. Although you might think you're already good at these things ( I thought so too), experiencing the real thing with all the pressure is a lot harder than you may think. In other words I now feel much more comfortable about the academic aspects of the rest of the course and being on clinical placements in a variery of settings.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS: the teachers are fantastic. They have slightly different teaching styles but they provide a lot of support and material (for instance one of the lecturers even tells us which book and chapter to read at the end of each lecture).
How does my as level grade affect my overall a-level grade ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asmaalim
I'm in the foundation year (almost at the end). Looking back I was totally out of my depth at first. All these deadlines and objectives were thrown at us and I had no idea where to start. One of the teachers was made aware of this and kindly made us a table to put things into perspective. We also had the opportunity to talk to some students from the BM6 yr before us one lunchtime which was very useful. Overall though, the BM6 year has been very relaxed so far (except for the days before deadlines/exams). If you do the work as you go along and attend the lectures you'll do fine. One of the benefits of only having lectures for three days is you have a lot of free time to do other things which is a big plus for me.

But the best thing? That's a hard one but I would have to say this year has been a very good preparation for next year and the rest of the course. I know what I'm doing, how to study, organise and write essays etc. Although you might think you're already good at these things ( I thought so too), experiencing the real thing with all the pressure is a lot harder than you may think. In other words I now feel much more comfortable about the academic aspects of the rest of the course and being on clinical placements in a variery of settings.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS: the teachers are fantastic. They have slightly different teaching styles but they provide a lot of support and material (for instance one of the lecturers even tells us which book and chapter to read at the end of each lecture).

Is it really worth that extra year tho, like you could do s five yrs mbbs at Newcastle wouldn't that have been better you reckon ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D.rambo
How does my as level grade affect my overall a-level grade ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean?

Original post by D.rambo
Is it really worth that extra year tho, like you could do s five yrs mbbs at Newcastle wouldn't that have been better you reckon ?Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends really. An extra year isn't much in the grand scheme. I know of two people in my year who had offers for 5 year courses but came here for the 6 year for all sorts of reasons.

Obviously lots of people manage perfectly well without the foundation year, but it is certainly a big help :yes:.
I'm very much looking forward to the extra year, it will definitely allow you to adjust to university life whilst still being able to study modules directly related to medicine but at not such a fast pace. The foundation year will be like starting off swimming in shallow water before being thrown into the deep end for the 1st year of BM5. Anyways the fact that you get two degrees BMedSci and BMBS anyways makes studying for an extra year just that little bit more worth it.
Good luck in your exams everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does bm6 accept first language a level as the third a level along side with chemistry and biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
when they say "BBC including chem+bio" do they mean you need a B in both bio and chem or could you get the C in one of them so long as you've taken both subjects to A level? It's a bit confusing.

Also, do you think they'll look at how many AS modules you have retaken during A2? As in, if I retake both of my chem AS modules will this matter?

Latest

Trending

Trending