The Student Room Group

Edexcel Additional Science Physics P2 (12th June 2015)

Who's doing the Physics P2 paper this Friday? What do you guys think the 6 mark questions will be on? How are you feeling? Feeling kind of nervous as my biology and chemistry went really well and I thought it was easy, so I'm guessing the physics will be tough. :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claudiamendes
Who's doing the Physics P2 paper this Friday? What do you guys think the 6 mark questions will be on? How are you feeling? Feeling kind of nervous as my biology and chemistry went really well and I thought it was easy, so I'm guessing the physics will be tough. :s-smilie:

yes im really scared for physics as C1 and B1 went really well then P1 was dreadful have a feeling thats going to happen again with the 2's as my chemistry and biology went well. For some reason physics just dosent stick in my head. I really hope the 6 marker is on advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power stations but i bet it wont be that nice
Original post by jessyunicorn
yes im really scared for physics as C1 and B1 went really well then P1 was dreadful have a feeling thats going to happen again with the 2's as my chemistry and biology went well. For some reason physics just dosent stick in my head. I really hope the 6 marker is on advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power stations but i bet it wont be that nice

Yeah I agree. A 6 mark question about advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power stations would be nice. :h:
Original post by claudiamendes
Yeah I agree. A 6 mark question about advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power stations would be nice. :h:

I am definatley going to struggle with P3 as i havent even had time to revise any of the content and we've had about 4 different teachers in the space of 1 and a half years, all of which have been pretty crap. In fact most physics teachers in my school tend to be crap for some reason...
Reply 4
I havent had any time to revise!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
Any useful revision websites
Original post by sail999
Any useful revision websites

I'd say http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/add_edexcel/ is the best to test yourself.

Or, get yourself a CGP Additional Science Revision Guide as I find it to be very useful for the exams. Maybe not now as it's the last exam out of the 3, but maybe borrow it from the library?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jessyunicorn
I am definatley going to struggle with P3 as i havent even had time to revise any of the content and we've had about 4 different teachers in the space of 1 and a half years, all of which have been pretty crap. In fact most physics teachers in my school tend to be crap for some reason...

Exactly the same!!!! In year 10 we spent a whole year just on B3- mainly because of teachers not being and not doing cover work, I mean common who likes that! From January onwards we started C3. It was kinda hard but I still find some thing hard to wrap my head around. and then comes P3- bombshell. I really don't know how the hell imma make it. all those formulas and reflection and critical angle and X-rays.....ugh please spare me! P2 is bad enough!!!!!
Reply 8
Physics is my worst one of the three for me :frown: what things do we need to know about the circuits? The edexcel revision guide doesn't really say a lot..
Original post by Exoroom1
Physics is my worst one of the three for me :frown: what things do we need to know about the circuits? The edexcel revision guide doesn't really say a lot..

Not my strongest point to be honest! But all i know is the ammeter is placed in series and can be placed anywhere as the readings will be the same. However the voltmeter must be placed under a component:tongue:
Good luck with tomorroww everyone :smile:
Good luck guys! Last exam for me😄
Good luck everyone, hope it's a good paper. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I am going to fail Physics. I've barely revised. :smile:
Original post by MIST_123
Good luck everyone, hope it's a good paper. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Hope the 6 mark questions are good:tongue:
Original post by HarryDolohov
I feel like I am going to fail Physics. I've barely revised. :smile:

You'll do great don't worry:h:
Well I just did he physics paper nd I actually loved it! The first pages were kind of not expected but I adored the last pages! What did people put for what a watt it? I said B - joules per second. Ans where did u draw the infrared ray on the prism? I drew it a little bit above the yellow ray because infrared has about the same frequency as yellow (you know the order of the colors of the rainbow)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anisa711
Well I just did he physics paper nd I actually loved it! The first pages were kind of not expected but I adored the last pages! What did people put for what a watt it? I said B - joules per second. Ans where did u draw the infrared ray on the prism? I drew it a little bit above the yellow ray because infrared has about the same frequency as yellow (you know the order of the colors of the rainbow)

Isn't that Core Science? Learning about the colours of the rainbow is definitely P1 not P2.
Isn't that Core Science? Learning about the colours of the rainbow is definitely P1 not P2.
'
Accually dont u learn about the colors of the rainbow in year 3? Anyways the CGP physics book mentioned it in the bottom of the page that had the EM spectrum. (It 's in that little section that usually has the jokes )
Original post by anisa711
'
Accually dont u learn about the colors of the rainbow in year 3? Anyways the CGP physics book mentioned it in the bottom of the page that had the EM spectrum. (It 's in that little section that usually has the jokes )

Lol true about the Year 3 thing :biggrin: The electromagnetic spectrum is in P1 so you must be talking about Core. This thread is about Additional.
Lol true about the Year 3 thing :biggrin: The electromagnetic spectrum is in P1 so you must be talking about Core. This thread is about Additional.

Oh sorry no. . I am igcse triple science. U must be doing gcse then! yep.. Wrong post 😂

O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending