The Student Room Group

I'm a pagan, ask me anything accordingly

I'll answer any question about Paganism as long as i have the knowledge to accurately do so.
I may not respond instantly but i will. i will not respond to troll questions however

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what's your opinion about paganism and could you give a description about it from your perspective about paganism ? :smile:
Original post by Synonym
what's your opinion about paganism and could you give a description about it from your perspective about paganism ? :smile:

hmmm Paganism in my opinion is a rather nice religion it is an umbrella term so i can only talk about the pagan faiths i know of but of those i do most of them bar two are very nice.
if i had to describe Paganism i'd simply say that the word paganism is an umbrella term for a large number of pagan faiths which are based in nature worship and respect to the world. however some differ from the norm when you look at the aztecs and the mayans.

idk if that is a good enough answer for you.
Reply 3
Original post by DeathGuardElite
hmmm Paganism in my opinion is a rather nice religion it is an umbrella term so i can only talk about the pagan faiths i know of but of those i do most of them bar two are very nice.
if i had to describe Paganism i'd simply say that the word paganism is an umbrella term for a large number of pagan faiths which are based in nature worship and respect to the world. however some differ from the norm when you look at the aztecs and the mayans.

idk if that is a good enough answer for you.

What is the greatest misconception of the religion ?
Original post by Synonym
What is the greatest misconception of the religion ?

there isn't a single greatest misconception mainly because the main misconceptions are really bad.
for example at one time and still today some people think Pagans steal babies and sacrifice them or do the same to children which tbh is pretty vile hell i was accused of that when i was in college by these christian kids.
Reply 5
I'll answer any question about Paganism as long as i have the knowledge to accurately do so.
I may not respond instantly but i will. i will not respond to troll questions however

Isn't paganism too much of a broad term, as it simply denotes someone that doesn't follow the Abrahamic religions.

Therefore you would have to specify exactly what religion you are following, some that come to mind are Wiccan, Norse mythology, Druidism, ancient Greek and Roman mythology, satanism.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by demx9
Isn't paganism too much of a broad term, as it simply denotes someone that doesn't follow the Abrahamic religions.

Therefore you would have to specify exactly what religion you are following, some that come to mind are Wiccan, Norse mythology, Druidism, ancient Greek and Roman mythology, satanism.

Yep it is a pretty broad term and i even say that in one of my responses.
i wouldn't consider Satanism to be classed as a form of paganism they don't even identify as such.
maybe Setian satanism solely because of the origin of Set.

Also i am mainly using this to talk about paganism in general and only talking about specifics when asked.
Reply 7
Yep it is a pretty broad term and i even say that in one of my responses.
i wouldn't consider Satanism to be classed as a form of paganism they don't even identify as such.
maybe Setian satanism solely because of the origin of Set.

Also i am mainly using this to talk about paganism in general and only talking about specifics when asked.

So I am asking you to be specific of what kind of Paganism you practice, although I vaguely remember you following Roman paganism ?
Original post by demx9
So I am asking you to be specific of what kind of Paganism you practice, although I vaguely remember you following Roman paganism ?

Yep mainly Roman Paganism but with Germanic Paganism added in well specifically German Germanic Paganism and not the Norse version.
Reply 9
Yep mainly Roman Paganism but with Germanic Paganism added in well specifically German Germanic Paganism and not the Norse version.

So does that entail you believe in a pantheon of Gods ? I suppose most Pagan religions are polytheistic.
Original post by demx9
So does that entail you believe in a pantheon of Gods ? I suppose most Pagan religions are polytheistic.

Yes and no which may seem weird but let me explain
I believe in them but i am also agnostic of them which idk if that makes sense.
I believe in the idea of polytheism but i will not state that i know it to be true.
Reply 11
Yes and no which may seem weird but let me explain
I believe in them but i am also agnostic of them which idk if that makes sense.
I believe in the idea of polytheism but i will not state that i know it to be true.

I think most people, even religious, are not sure 100% of God's existence .. so I find it reasonable to have doubts..

But may I ask why choose Paganism when you have a perfectly complete Spiritual practice found in Mystical Hinduism ?
Original post by demx9
I think most people, even religious, are not sure 100% of God's existence .. so I find it reasonable to have doubts..

But may I ask why choose Paganism when you have a perfectly complete Spiritual practice found in Mystical Hinduism ?

Yeah

Yeah i picked it because in the most simple terms i prefered it haha.
I looked into Hinduism and i didn't think it was something i could follow i looked into Buddhism which i like the idea of but i couldn't follow it.I kinda just stayed with Paganism because to me it was not only something i could follow but i also prefered it because i spent so long researching i kept returning to Paganism.
Reply 13
So do you practice some sort of Meditation or similar as part of your pagan practices ?
Original post by demx9
So do you practice some sort of Meditation or similar as part of your pagan practices ?

No i do not practice any meditation unless you count rituals as a form of meditiation.
I can not do rituals atm though as I moved to manchester and my alter was accidently damaged beyond repair by my mother when she moved my futon and so it fell to the floor and most of it was destroyed.
Reply 15
No i do not practice any meditation unless you count rituals as a form of meditiation.
I can not do rituals atm though as I moved to manchester and my alter was accidently damaged beyond repair by my mother when she moved my futon and so it fell to the floor and most of it was destroyed.

I thought that would be a pillar of any serious spiritual practice .. in my research even the Western magicians put particular emphasis on Meditation and Yoga, and used rituals as a means of empowering the Will.
Original post by demx9
I thought that would be a pillar of any serious spiritual practice .. in my research even the Western magicians put particular emphasis on Meditation and Yoga, and used rituals as a means of empowering the Will.

Not really in quite a few pagan practices there is litterally no meditation or yoga.
i can't really think of any pagan faith that uses them as a main thing. maybe wicca?
actually i just searched and the only pagan faiths that use meditation are the magic ones so only neo-pagan faiths that are not dependant on historical formats. Yoga originates from the indian area mainly Hinduism as far as i am aware so no that doesn't count either in my faith.
nah fam you're a pagan?! When did you doss your boiz and why are you proud of dossing your mandem??
Reply 18
Whats your views on other religions? and why didn't you chose to follow one of them?
Original post by vis break
nah fam you're a pagan?! When did you doss your boiz and why are you proud of dossing your mandem??

I......what?

Original post by H1ace
Whats your views on other religions? and why didn't you chose to follow one of them?

they are okay i guess aslong as i can practice my faith safely without any danger i have no issue.
I researched a lot and found i agreed more with the specific pagan faith i would follow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending