The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gilo98
Really? Didn't think they could get that difficult tbh. I was thinking more along the lines of a long, wordy vector Q that wants area of things. June 2014 caught me out - didn't know the formula for area of a trapezium :redface:

there was a question in a past paper about rate of blood something that really threw me off, i dont even understand what they asked in the question, not even english
Original post by TeeEm
Vectors can also be tough but they tend to be more "free marks" in vector questions, as a proportion of the total marks.

I suppose - they often give away quite a few marks for simply writing down the vector equation of lines etc. What topics would you therefore advise I revise for tomorrow, assuming I am equally comfortable with the whole of C4?
Reply 302
Original post by raypalmer
Paper T is tricky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paper S and T you skip...
They are for Buster Gonad
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anndz3007
there was a question in a past paper about rate of blood something that really threw me off, i dont even understand what they asked in the question, not even english

:rofl: The connected rates of change and things alike seem to be slightly forgiving though in the sense that there is only so much manipulation you can do with what the give you if that makes sense. If they give you a formula then the only feasible thing you can do to it is differentiate - then you can normally trudge your way through it :ahee:
Reply 304
Original post by Gilo98
I suppose - they often give away quite a few marks for simply writing down the vector equation of lines etc. What topics would you therefore advise I revise for tomorrow, assuming I am equally comfortable with the whole of C4?

If you are comfortable relax ...
If you have done loads of papers already (30-40) take the day off...
That is my sincere advise.

If you must do some work ... do something like integration which most of the paper is based on.

If you integration is good try some hard vector questions or related rates of change
Original post by TeeEm
If you are comfortable relax ...
If you have done loads of papers already (30-40) take the day off...
That is my sincere advise.

If you must do some work ... do something like integration which most of the paper is based on.

If you integration is good try some hard vector questions or related rates of change

I appreciate your wise words. As such, I will leisurely do some related rates of change and tricky integration Qs. May dip into IGYB - i feel ashamed that I have never tried one :wink:
Reply 306
Original post by Gilo98
I appreciate your wise words. As such, I will leisurely do some related rates of change and tricky integration Qs. May dip into IGYB - i feel ashamed that I have never tried one :wink:

nothing to be ashamed...
(do you mean paper or questions from one of the books?)
Original post by TeeEm
nothing to be ashamed...
(do you mean paper or questions from one of the books?)

I feel I should have done some after talking to you so much!! :wink:

Paper - may have a tinker with some of the harder ones for inspiration
Reply 308
Original post by Gilo98
I feel I should have done some after talking to you so much!! :wink:

Paper - may have a tinker with some of the harder ones for inspiration

Hope they do not smack you one day before the exam ...
Good luck with your last day revision, as I am off to bed (7 C4 lessons awaiting me tomorrow ...)
Original post by TeeEm
Hope they do not smack you one day before the exam ...
Good luck with your last day revision, as I am off to bed (7 C4 lessons awaiting me tomorrow ...)

Hopefully not, good night - I have a different set of maths exams tomorrow morning anyway, should be getting to bed really.
Reply 310
unusual vector question for those you can ...
Original post by TeeEm
unusual vector question for those you can ...

The questions you post sometimes make me contemplate whether I'm good enough to study Maths at Uni..
(The vector question seems do-able though)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 312
Original post by edothero
The questions you post sometimes make me contemplate whether I'm good enough to study Maths at Uni..
(The vector question seems do-able though)

I am sorry to hear that
(this question is very tough)
Reply 313
Original post by xyzmaster
Could you do that grade boundary spreadsheet you do for every other paper for s4 if you don't mind ?

here it is
Original post by TeeEm
here it is

Thank you
Original post by TeeEm
x

Can you please explain where I went wrong? (C4 U question 8)1434378550810.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 316
Original post by aersh8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I finish work around 7
Reply 317
Original post by xyzmaster
Thank you

no worries
Original post by TeeEm
I finish work around 7

Ok, thanks
Reply 319
Original post by aersh8

Posted from TSR Mobile

your modelling is wrong ... the volume of revolution formula you are using only works if you are revolving around the x axis.

this is revolution about y=1

either you derive a new formula from first principles or do like I did in the solutions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending