The Student Room Group

OCR B Salter's Chemistry by Design F335 - 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LordGaben
When you boil the concentration of water in liquid state decreases. Equilibrium position shifts to left. Yh I got that for hydration. Kw I had no idea just plugged some numbers and hoped for the best. I think I got only 1 as initiation.

i did the same
Kw pH was 11.3 pH. 100% sure
Think I've probably lost about 20 marks hope that's enough for an A*
For the ph question did anyone get 7.48 as the overall ph??
When you boil the concentration of water in liquid state decreases. Equilibrium position shifts to left. Yh I got that for hydration..

Ah yeah that makes sense now actually, I talked about the forward reaction being exothermic whoops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was the % by mass of nitrogen supposed to be to 2sf or 3. I did it to 3
Original post by JakeDaw
Ah yeah that makes sense now actually, I talked about the forward reaction being exothermic whoops

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the exact same I think we should manage 2/3 for that thiugh?

I did it to 2

I put 3 as well because the Ar values are 3 s.f. I think I got 35.0%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
holy poo didn't realise all the Ar values were to 3 s.f, I used them as 2 s.f :frown: bye another mark
Original post by JakeDaw
I put 3 as well because the Ar values are 3 s.f. I think I got 35.0%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 35.0 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charletitia
I got 35.0 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that as well!
Was the temperature 1118K for entropy change?
I may and am expecting I got this completely wrong but for the substrate I didn't say serotonin I said (O) - don't ask me why ahha! I thought since it said reversible that the only way it could be was if it was O because it could be reduced then oxidised back?

Also I got 8% for the amount of ammonia converted- total guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
how many marks was the question about ammonia converted (3/4?)- left it out and was going to go back to it but forgot! ah well probably wouldn't have got it anyway!
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Was the temperature 1118K for entropy change?

Yep that's what I got
What did you put for the benzene long answer question?
oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling::bawling:

that entire section on chlorophenol?
(the number of isomers, NMR etc.)

I just completely miss read the question!!!!

I THOUGHT IT SAID CHLOROBENZENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

How many marks was that section worth?
Original post by Lissy14
oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling::bawling:

that entire section on chlorophenol?
(the number of isomers, NMR etc.)

I just completely miss read the question!!!!

I THOUGHT IT SAID CHLOROBENZENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

How many marks was that section worth?

Only about 7ish marks, they were hard too so I don't think many people will have got all of them. Don't worry about it :smile:.

What did everyone get for the number of isomers? I got three.
Only about 7ish marks, they were hard too so I don't think many people will have got all of them. Don't worry about it :smile:.

I got three isomers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got three too
Thankfully no crazy nmr!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending