The Student Room Group

* AQA GCSE Media 15/06/15* Official thread

Hi everyone
Synonym here :smile:

Thought I'd just make a thread regarding the media gcse exam (since there does not seem to be one already on tsr) taking place on the 15th of June 2015. Since 60% for this gcse is coursework the exam will still hold a hefty amount towards your final gcse media grade.

What did you get for coursework ?

What do you want to get for media gcse overall grade ?

Opinions on the pre release/Preliminary material

Mainly. Do you have any tips of how to revising for this subject?

-Synonym

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by web-girl
I'm in year 10 at the momment and CW I got 79/ 90 and I'm sure it is the other way round the exam is worth more but I may be wrong. Anyways jus wondering what questions do you think might come up, I know a story board or some sort will come up about your selected stories but what do you think??

79/90 thats an A xD well done thats 1 mark off an A*. Well course work is actually 60% and exam is worth only 40% so yh. For questions that could come up storyboard to be specific could be about a news bulletin of all 3 stories you have chosen. Questions 4 will be an evaluation questions so im guessing that they may ask you to evaluate your storyboard or to justify why you have chosen those stories etc. Question 1 will just test your knowledge on the topic.

Im not to sure on what exactly could come up so sorry about this far fetched answer but anyways good luck and remember your going into the exam with an extremely high A which is great. (I ended up getting 78/90 for my coursework) :biggrin:

Hope you ace the exam ps any ideas/tips on howto revise for this exam because im kinda clueless on that :s-smilie:
Just scraped an A in my coursework got around 70, i think 71.

These are what we predicted on the 4 questions in the exam:
1.The style and format of TV News
2. E-Media - what would the TV News be on, such as apps, social network as its aimed at children
3.On the preliminary there are stories, pick a lead and 2 others and explain why relating to the audience.
4.My teacher thinks the storyboard will be on the opening of a TV News opening.

OPINIONS? WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?
Reply 3
Original post by OliverRiches
Just scraped an A in my coursework got around 70, i think 71.

These are what we predicted on the 4 questions in the exam:
1.The style and format of TV News
2. E-Media - what would the TV News be on, such as apps, social network as its aimed at children
3.On the preliminary there are stories, pick a lead and 2 others and explain why relating to the audience.
4.My teacher thinks the storyboard will be on the opening of a TV News opening.

OPINIONS? WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?

Seem close to what was discussed in my class too
Original post by Synonym
Seem close to what was discussed in my class too

Ok awesome, what else did you discuss differently?
Reply 5
Original post by OliverRiches
Ok awesome, what else did you discuss differently?

Well my teacher said that:
Q1 is a question on theory- tests tv news knowledge
Q2 is a planning/pitch/ideas/ingredients of a successful tv news programme.
Q3) Design questions
Q4) An evaluation question

any tips on how to revise for this exam ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Think i got 64/90 on my course so a mid B :smile: Not too bothered about media at all really as it doesn't matter if i get a C, B or A as i want to do science and maths in college and due to it being my last exam i'm kind of just gonna drift though it and treat it like a piece of homework that i'm doing at home in my spare time ahah :smile: - You watch i'll do better in Media then i will in maths which i've revised for since september!
I DIY made a Media studies revision guide with all the theories, practise (predicted) questions my teacher made. If you want that, I'll PM it to you and every other person who wants it.

Question 1 and 2, a pretty great guess actually, I didn't think of this! Question 3 would be more or less be about your story board. As for question 4, a definite story board about the production of your selected stories. So make sure you revised how TV news is layed out. For question 1 I have a feeling it will be something like explain how new burst can help attract more audience between the ages of 16-24.

Would be awesome if you could pm me that revision guide with predicted questions and things :smile:
Every coursework I've done is A* so my Coursework mark is A* and Im predicted an A for the exam so hopefully I get an overall A/A* because I want to do it for AS!!
Go on: mediaknowall.com because its AMAZING and has helped me get good marks.

If you need anymore tips let me know,but not at the moment because Im revising Physics and Maths ;(
Reply 9
Could you pm me you revision guide please? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I DIY made a Media studies revision guide with all the theories, practise (predicted) questions my teacher made. If you want that, I'll PM it to you and every other person who wants it.

Question 1 and 2, a pretty great guess actually, I didn't think of this! Question 3 would be more or less be about your story board. As for question 4, a definite story board about the production of your selected stories. So make sure you revised how TV news is layed out. For question 1 I have a feeling it will be something like explain how new burst can help attract more audience between the ages of 16-24.

Hey could you PM me the revision guide :smile:
Reply 11

Can you please PM the revision guide
Could you please PM the revision guide
Reply 13
pm the revision guide
Reply 14
I found it relatively okay but saw my self really rushing to finish. How did everyone else find it?
Original post by Chylz
I found it relatively okay but saw my self really rushing to finish. How did everyone else find it?

I didn't revise that much so i was expecting it to be really hard but it was okay. I managed to finish it and what did you put for 3 reasons to increase the engagement?
Reply 16
Original post by revisionsubjects
I didn't revise that much so i was expecting it to be really hard but it was okay. I managed to finish it and what did you put for 3 reasons to increase the engagement?

I talked about using emedia such at social networks such as twitter, snapchat which can be used for viral marketing and use an app to track their locations for now relevant local news
Original post by Chylz
I talked about using emedia such at social networks such as twitter, snapchat which can be used for viral marketing and use an app to track their locations for now relevant local news

Yeah i used twitter as an example too :biggrin:
Original post by revisionsubjects

I used social network, apps and a dedicated channel.
For the storyboard would i be wrong if i put the presenter introducing there self and introducing the upcoming stories?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending