The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys... I got an offer to study MA European Studies on September. I couldn't look at all the previous pages, so I hope I find someone else for the same program. I am now considering the accommodation application. Not sure what my first choices should be...
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Christina92
Oh awesome :biggrin: hope you get the one you want. What were your choices?

Thanks :smile: Connaught Hall, Lillian Penson, College Hall, International Hall and Great Dover Street. I just went for all the UoL halls and I'm praying I don't get stuck with GDS because I don't want self-catered at all. What about you? What did you pick?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iliasbaf
Hey guys... I got an offer to study MA European Studies on September. I couldn't look at all the previous pages, so I hope I find someone else for the same program. I am now considering the accommodation application. Not sure what my first choices should be...

Do you know if you want catered or self-catered accomodation? That should narrow things down for you.
Original post by Piano_Player
Do you know if you want catered or self-catered accomodation? That should narrow things down for you.

Well, either is fine, it is not my first priority. The room type is. Space, wardrobe, fridge. And to be as close to Strand as it can be
Thanks :smile: Connaught Hall, Lillian Penson, College Hall, International Hall and Great Dover Street. I just went for all the UoL halls and I'm praying I don't get stuck with GDS because I don't want self-catered at all. What about you? What did you pick?

Lillian Penson Hall,Nutford House,International Hall, Great Dover St Apts, Iris Brook. I focused more on good travel links/area so :smile:
Well, either is fine, it is not my first priority. The room type is. Space, wardrobe, fridge. And to be as close to Strand as it can be

This being London, you won't get too much space :biggrin: But Urbanest Westminster is a great but expensive option, probably the closest you'll get to the Strand. The UoL halls have decent rooms but no fridges. Except for Nutford House and Lillian Penson, they're all in walkable locations from the Strand. ISH is far (in Marylebone), but they have fridges in the rooms. I think the closest King's residence for postgraduates to the Strand is GDS but even that is quite a distance. The rooms are quite spacious, I've heard (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Hope this helps! Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Christina92
Lillian Penson Hall,Nutford House,International Hall, Great Dover St Apts, Iris Brook. I focused more on good travel links/area so :smile:

Great choices! Good luck :smile:
This being London, you won't get too much space :biggrin: But Urbanest Westminster is a great but expensive option, probably the closest you'll get to the Strand. The UoL halls have decent rooms but no fridges. Except for Nutford House and Lillian Penson, they're all in walkable locations from the Strand. ISH is far (in Marylebone), but they have fridges in the rooms. I think the closest King's residence for postgraduates to the Strand is GDS but even that is quite a distance. The rooms are quite spacious, I've heard (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

It was quite helpful, thank you very much! I think I will choose GDS, Stamford, Iris Brook or Orchard Lisle, Lillian Penson (and Angel Lane as reserve in my mind).
It was quite helpful, thank you very much! I think I will choose GDS, Stamford, Iris Brook or Orchard Lisle, Lillian Penson (and Angel Lane as reserve in my mind).

No worries :smile:

Just FYI, Stamford Street isn't available for postgraduates this year so you'll have to consider another option :frown:
No worries :smile:

Just FYI, Stamford Street isn't available for postgraduates this year so you'll have to consider another option :frown:

Well, I just found out, however I submitted my application. It is good that we can make changes to our application. The choices the system gave me weren't exactly what I wanted, so I am a bit confused. Champion Hill or Angel Lane? The others are a bit expensive
Well, I just found out, however I submitted my application. It is good that we can make changes to our application. The choices the system gave me weren't exactly what I wanted, so I am a bit confused. Champion Hill or Angel Lane? The others are a bit expensive

Angel Lane is new, but I think Stratford is quite a distance from Strand. I had a friend who lived in Champion Hill and she really liked it. To be honest, I've not even considered anything other than the intercollegiate halls because I want catered accommodation and all the residences are too far away.
Angel Lane is new, but I think Stratford is quite a distance from Strand. I had a friend who lived in Champion Hill and she really liked it. To be honest, I've not even considered anything other than the intercollegiate halls because I want catered accommodation and all the residences are too far away.

Well, I really like the intercollegiate halls, but it was a bit expensive to me. Hope we all get our first choices!
I just got an unconditional offer from King's for the MA in Philosophy! I'm so excited! It took them 12 weeks but they did deliver in the end. I can't wait to start in September. :biggrin:
Reply 333
Original post by Yellow 03
I just got an unconditional offer from King's for the MA in Philosophy! I'm so excited! It took them 12 weeks but they did deliver in the end. I can't wait to start in September. :biggrin:

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by wdz
Congratulations! :smile:

Thank you! :smile: Good luck with your studies too, I see you will be studying Cultural and Creative industries, it sounds interesting and very eclectic!
Reply 335
Thank you! :smile: Good luck with your studies too, I see you will be studying Cultural and Creative industries, it sounds interesting and very eclectic!

Thank you! :smile:

I just submitted my accommodation app, you should too! Fingers crossed for International Hall!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wdz
Thank you! :smile:

I just submitted my accommodation app, you should too! Fingers crossed for International Hall!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankfully, that's one thing I don't have to worry about. I already live in London and in a flat of my own so no more applications for me! I hope you and others here get your first accommodation choices. :smile:
Reply 337
Thankfully, that's one thing I don't have to worry about. I already live in London and in a flat of my own so no more applications for me! I hope you and others here get your first accommodation choices. :smile:

Lucky you!

Thanks and good luck with everything else! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 338
Anyone else doing the Master of Research in Biomedical and Translational Science/PhD from KBI or BRC?
Reply 339
Any Early Modern Literature/Shakespeare Studies offer holders here??

Quick Reply

Latest