The Student Room Group

sociology AQA beliefs in society and crime and deviance

how did everyone find today's beliefs in society paper? and any predictions for crime and deviance would be appreciated
9 marker
education
social welfare
the law

18 marker
marxism
functionalism
feminism
neo-marxism
cultural defence

33 marker
spiritual shopping
lyon jesus in disneyland
religious market theory
new age
and then against i did existential security
Reply 2
Looking at your answers I have a feeling I didn't do so well.

What the f--k was I meant to know about Science?

I guess I did okay in the one about opium of the people.

and I know I didn't do well on the 33 marker (I did about why people join Sects/NAMs)... How was I meant to know why? They could have at least just asked us to describe sects and NAMs :/
Reply 3
Original post by LorraineJ
how did everyone find today's beliefs in society paper? and any predictions for crime and deviance would be appreciated

My Sociology teachers sent our classes a word document enlisting the topics that haven't come up for long, alongside the topics that have come.

I'd post it on here if I knew how to.
Reply 4
Original post by zezember
My Sociology teachers sent our classes a word document enlisting the topics that haven't come up for long, alongside the topics that have come.

I'd post it on here if I knew how to.

could you please email me that word document? [email protected] pleeeease
Reply 5
Original post by Megan17D
could you please email me that word document? [email protected] pleeeease

done hehehe and good luck on Thursday
Reply 6
done hehehe and good luck on Thursday

Thank you!! Good luck to you too :smile:
Looking at your answers I have a feeling I didn't do so well.

What the f--k was I meant to know about Science?

I guess I did okay in the one about opium of the people.

and I know I didn't do well on the 33 marker (I did about why people join Sects/NAMs)... How was I meant to know why? They could have at least just asked us to describe sects and NAMs :/

That 33 marker was basically social groups and religious organisations together. Could've talked about Matza and drift so young people are able to leave society and join a sect, could've talked about how Bruce says middle aged/middle class women join cults because they have time and money etc etc.

Also I thought it was new religious movements not new age movements?
Reply 8
Original post by fieldy_xo
That 33 marker was basically social groups and religious organisations together. Could've talked about Matza and drift so young people are able to leave society and join a sect, could've talked about how Bruce says middle aged/middle class women join cults because they have time and money etc etc.

Also I thought it was new religious movements not new age movements?

My one definitely said "New Age Movements" :|
However, I did bring in Religious Movements too.
I don't even know who Matza is.
I talked about the stuff like (Heelas and) Woodhead's Kendal Project, and stuff about Scientology and Transcendental Meditation and Heaven's gate (cult) and People's temple and David Koresh and the Branch Davidian's.

I hope I do better in the next exam, because I got an A for Sociology last year and I need to maintain that
My one definitely said "New Age Movements" :|
However, I did bring in Religious Movements too.
I don't even know who Matza is.
I talked about the stuff like (Heelas and) Woodhead's Kendal Project, and stuff about Scientology and Transcendental Meditation and Heaven's gate (cult) and People's temple and David Koresh and the Branch Davidian's.

I hope I do better in the next exam, because I got an A for Sociology last year and I need to maintain that

Yeah I think I just got confused myself, wrote religious movements even though i meant new age the whole way through the essay haha

And Matza comes up in crime and deviance but its possible to use his theory for this too.

I feel the same way about the next exam but I definitely feel more confident about it. Good luck!
Reply 10
does anyone have any predictions?! I don't know a thing and have no time
I think that social policy could be a 33 marker to come up this year, and then possibly suicide or realism/crime prevention strategies, or maybe green crime also.
my teacher said social policy is likely to come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending