The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by kiera28
That's the way the modules in Triple Sciences for AQA work (in revision guides etc but the papers are two 1.5 hour papers and anything can come up in them, but the second is usually more investigation/ experiment based, and the first is usually more general syllabus based. Hope this helps.

My last RS papers went well today. :smile: Physics tomorrow though!! /eek!/ :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've sat almost every science paper now and I think you're thinking of a different version of what I said above. I sit/sat Chemistry (1,2 & 3), Biology (1, 2 & 3) and Physcis (1, 2 & 3) papers (three for each subject) that are 1 hour long each. I know averages are taken of e.g B1, C1 and P1 for Core Science etc. but I was wondering if averages of C1, C2 and C3 for a Chemistry GCSE are taken too (for example). I hope this makes sense! Thanks :smile:
Original post by zc555
Hi, thanks for your reply. I've sat almost every science paper now and I think you're thinking of a different version of what I said above. I sit/sat Chemistry (1,2 & 3), Biology (1, 2 & 3) and Physcis (1, 2 & 3) papers (three for each subject) that are 1 hour long each. I know averages are taken of e.g B1, C1 and P1 for Core Science etc. but I was wondering if averages of C1, C2 and C3 for a Chemistry GCSE are taken too (for example). I hope this makes sense! Thanks :smile:

Oh right, yup I see. Yeah that's how it works :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my LAST EXAM TODAY, I'M DONE WITH GSCES I AM FREE I AM FREEEE
Reply 643
Original post by Strom
I had my LAST EXAM TODAY, I'M DONE WITH GSCES I AM FREE I AM FREEEE

Well done! Hope you get the grades you want! Mine are next year... :smile:
Original post by Ace C
Well done! Hope you get the grades you want! Mine are next year... :smile:

Same! :five: hopefully it won't be hard next year! *fingers crossed*
(edited 8 years ago)
URGENT HELP NEEDED,does anyone know the questions for this years religious studies exam,for aqa or does anyone know where I can find it
Exams are overrrrrrr🎉🎉👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 647
Original post by Starlight15
Same! :five: hopefully it won't be hard next year! *fingers crossed*

Hope so :smile: Mind you we are lucky with English (we are the last year to sit Of Mice And Men, then it's off the curriculum :frown: I enjoy studying it)
What exams are you doing please? I'm doing
English
Maths
Science
Geography AQA B
Business
Computing
Engineering BTEC LEVEL 2 AND PEO Qualification
Original post by Ace C
Hope so :smile: Mind you we are lucky with English (we are the last year to sit Of Mice And Men, then it's off the curriculum :frown: I enjoy studying it)
What exams are you doing please? I'm doing
English
Maths
Science
Geography AQA B
Business
Computing
Engineering BTEC LEVEL 2 AND PEO Qualification

Really, I love Of Mice and Men I found the book really interesting.

I study
English Language (IGCSE)
Engligh Literature (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Geography (AQA B)
Dance (BTEC Edexcel)
Graphics (???)
Spanish (Edexcel)
Double Science (OCR 21st Century)

How do you feel being in year 11 in a few months? :smile:
What has everyone picked for AS?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 650

I study
English Language (IGCSE)
Engligh Literature (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Geography (AQA B)
Dance (BTEC Edexcel)
Graphics (???)
Spanish (Edexcel)

I know it's sad and disappointing regarding Of Mice And Men, even my English teacher agreed with me. They are replacing it with Frankenstein. I spoke to the DfE (Department For Education) the other day in my school and they told me as I said I enjoyed English and reading OMAM.
It's amazing how quick time has gone! Can't believe come September this year I will be year 11!
Nice to see you do Geography AQA B like me :0 How are you finding it? I am doing the tourism unit at the minute (did coasts at the start of September). Next year we are going to Weston Super Mare for our Coursework study. One boy in the class didn't know where It was (even though the map of its location was on the display above him) so we said to him it is in France!! LOL! He actually believed us, even the teacher joined in and fooled him! Maths is the same exam board I am unsure about others. Good Luck!
Anybody doing AQA Level 2 Further Maths tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 652
Original post by Jigsaw Puzzle

Tomorrow? Tomorrow is SUNDAY, Do you mean MONDAY 15TH JUNE??
Done all my GCSE exams yay! How they went in chronological order:
French - good
English literature (novels) - average
RS - good
English literature (poems) - good
History (international relations) - good
English language - well, but not as good as I expected because I am quite harsh on myself.
German - good
Computing - good/average
Maths (non calculator) - **** I was supposed to be amazing at maths, but no, BAM edexcel commence the funeral of my maths gcseBiology - good, but all my friends found it horrible which worries me haha
Maths (calculator) - fabulous, which makes up for the horrible first paper, however my friends from paper 1 easier, like what??
Chemistry - good
History (british depth study) - very good
Physics - okay/irritating, it was my second to last worst exam (maths was obviously worse) and I knew it would be hard, but because I do additional science it affects my whole grade and I want to take biology next year. I think/hope I will get at least a B, but an A would have been nicer.

My A Level choices are maths, biology, history and English language.
Damn- still have 5 exams left :frown: Finish next friday 19th
Only ones stressing me out are Further Maths and B3 (Edexcel)

I can't acc wait to start A-Levels. I know everyone says they're hard but I want to study the subjects THAT I ENJOY and not other terrible subjects like English and Music (no offence to anyone who is taking these for A-Levels :P)

I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and EPQ aha

Good luck to everyone who has finished or still has exam haha xD
Finished all my GCSEs on Friday! Can't believe that I'm now done and can begin relaxing for Summer :biggrin: how I felt my exams went:
- English lit CIE : better than in the mocks
- English lang CIE : happy apart from my descriptive writing (I ran out of things to write, so it turned out pretty short ugh)
- Geography Edexcel IGCSE : straightforward apart from the field work section
- French AQA : really happy
- German AQA : really happy
- Music AS level AQA: meh... Essay section was good, but aural went terribly!
- Maths Edexcel non calculator: pretty simple :smile:
- Maths Edexcel calculator: trickier but alright
- Biology 1 AQA: not bad, just annoyed at the amount of material I revised, but most of the exam consisted of interpreting data :/
- Chemistry 1 AQA: thought it was going to be much harder, but was nice and easy
- Physics 1 AQA: again, thought it was going to be more complicated, but it turned out good, though I'm annoyed that I didn't realise that the cricket question was about the Doppler effect
- Music Edexcel, done three years ago: went really well (got an A*)

My chosen A levels are Maths *shudder*, chemistry, biology and music, which I've done half of already. I'll probably also do the second units of chemistry and biology GCSEs next year.
Original post by Jigsaw Puzzle

on monday, yeah I am hehe

I study
English Language (IGCSE)
Engligh Literature (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Geography (AQA B)
Dance (BTEC Edexcel)
Graphics (???)
Spanish (Edexcel)

You know that IGCSE English Language is scrapped for the next coming year right...?
Original post by ckfeister
You know that IGCSE English Language is scrapped for the next coming year right...?

Really?! Why?

(Poor year 9s)
Really?! Why?

(Poor year 9s)

Pathetic I know! Apprently its " too easy" when in reality IGCSE Sciences make GCSE Sciences look like baby work!

Example..
IGCSE Single Award CIE -- 1/3 of Triple Science in depth
GCSE Single Award -- Basic level of science

Quick Reply

Latest