The Student Room Group

PSYA4 all nighter

hi guys- im pulling an all nighter to pass this exam, nice of you all to join me :smile:

as we are all awake we can ask each other questions during the night if we need anything:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by tweety97
hi guys- im pulling an all nighter to pass this exam, nice of you all to join me :smile:

as we are all awake we can ask each other questions during the night if we need anything:smile:

Im definitely doing the same! What units do you do?
Guys i started revision today for this exam, i'm screwed
Good Luck guys! Lack of sleep sucks. I'm not doing this exam but hope you ace it! :smile:
Hmm this is interesting. I never partook in an all-nighter before, and I certainly won't start right before an exam!

Did you do an all-nighter before? What is it like and how do you feel afterwards, especially when spending the whole time revising?
Reply 5
Original post by iamsoweir
Im definitely doing the same! What units do you do?

schizophrenia
addiction
research methods

im thinking on just doing past papers instead of content - is that a good idea to get an A?
Reply 6
Original post by Toy Soldiers
Hmm this is interesting. I never partook in an all-nighter before, and I certainly won't start right before an exam!

Did you do an all-nighter before? What is it like and how do you feel afterwards, especially when spending the whole time revising?

the latest i have stayed up is 3.30 in gcse to do business coursework- i woke up the next day for school feeling refreshed. but as they day went on i got tired

but i have stayed awake until 7 once watching movies
Reply 7
schizophrenia
addiction
research methods

im thinking on just doing past papers instead of content - is that a good idea to get an A?

Ohh I do depression instead of schizophrenia, what do you think will come up for addiction? And I've only started my revision for this unit today, I'm still learning essays for depression and will hopefully move onto addiction by 1am. I think looking at past papers is really good for research methods as there are only a limited amount of things they can ask, and most of it we learned in AS! As long as you know u your key words, scientific methods and how to design your own study (which I think will come up as a 10 marker because examiners like it and it never came up last year) I think you'll be fine! How do you feel about it?
REBT?
as a psychological therapy for phobias?
Reply 9
Ohh I do depression instead of schizophrenia, what do you think will come up for addiction? And I've only started my revision for this unit today, I'm still learning essays for depression and will hopefully move onto addiction by 1am. I think looking at past papers is really good for research methods as there are only a limited amount of things they can ask, and most of it we learned in AS! As long as you know u your key words, scientific methods and how to design your own study (which I think will come up as a 10 marker because examiners like it and it never came up last year) I think you'll be fine! How do you feel about it?

to be honest i have no idea what could come up for addiction.

like you i am learning my essays for schizophrenia and should be done by 1 or 2. then going to move on and cram addiction for an hour then look at past paper questions for research methods for an hour. i have decided to then go to sleep and wake up at 6am. and revise till the exam :/ im sooo scared
to be honest i have no idea what could come up for addiction.

like you i am learning my essays for schizophrenia and should be done by 1 or 2. then going to move on and cram addiction for an hour then look at past paper questions for research methods for an hour. i have decided to then go to sleep and wake up at 6am. and revise till the exam :/ im sooo scared

I've got the exact same method 😂 want to be asleep by 3am the latest to also wake up at 6! I'm so nervous r for it, especially considering how good I felt after the unit 3 exam, I'm just hopefully gonna wing RM 🙏 and smash depression, it'll all be over in 11 hours 🙌🏼
I've got the exact same method 😂 want to be asleep by 3am the latest to also wake up at 6! I'm so nervous r for it, especially considering how good I felt after the unit 3 exam, I'm just hopefully gonna wing RM 🙏 and smash depression, it'll all be over in 11 hours 🙌🏼

Yeah i'm gonna stay up til the latest 4 and get up at 7! I can't believe i've literally only started revision today because of my other subjects! So stressed man
Original post by bethtyates
Yeah i'm gonna stay up til the latest 4 and get up at 7! I can't believe i've literally only started revision today because of my other subjects! So stressed man

I'm the same, had sociology today and it was afternoon which didn't leave much space for revision and I have sociology on Thursday (the bigger unit) which again I haven't looked at! All the best for tomorrow
Original post by bethtyates
Guys i started revision today for this exam, i'm screwed

And i thought i was the only one.
Ugh I give up, was going to stay up but it won't help haha :') already failed psych 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm so screwed for addiction :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest