The Student Room Group

AQA Politics GOV4B

Hiya!

Is anybody doing this unit?! There is literally nothing online to supplement my notes. How are you guys revising for it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Hiya!

Is anybody doing this unit?! There is literally nothing online to supplement my notes. How are you guys revising for it?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Government & Politics forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=276
Does anyone have any relevent info for Gov4b ? there is nothing in my non specific a2 textbook very litter out there on the interweb
Reply 3
Original post by skeptical_john
Does anyone have any relevent info for Gov4b ? there is nothing in my non specific a2 textbook very litter out there on the interweb

What topics are you doing? Seems like nobody does this unit erghh. How are you revising for this exam? I'm so nervous.
I'm doing the environment and the economy with AQA. Taking it as a private student so not having much to go on.

My econ knowledge is quite good but I'm not really sure on the set of notes to revise for. Edexcel have much better resources.

I do have this if your doing 4B with aqa which might be of use.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by skeptical_john
I'm doing the environment and the economy with AQA. Taking it as a private student so not having much to go on.

My econ knowledge is quite good but I'm not really sure on the set of notes to revise for. Edexcel have much better resources.

I do have this if your doing 4B with aqa which might be of use.

Oh okay, do you have edexcel resources for the economy? They would be of great help.

I'm doing education and feel much better for that section of the exam. I've just looked through the spec and sort of made my own notes.
I'm doing this ! I'm answering on education and environmentalism ! But I agree with you that Edexel have much better resources 😡 what topics are you doing ? I'm using the Edexel text book for enivironmentalism and for education my tutor gave me the resources as there's hardly anything out there for it. Would it be helpful if I gave you an overview of what my resources are ? Also how're you feeling about the exam? I'm worried about this one ! 3B was a nice paper (I think) but 4B is horrid :frown:
Reply 7
Hi Guys, I'm also doing this exam, i kinda hate my my teacher for it since i've realised we seemed to have missed quite a bit off the syllabus, despite her reassuring us we haven't. Melissa is there any chance you could send or outline your materials for me? Our teacher has given us virtually nothing. I'm stressing about this because I want to do well.
Reply 8
That would be really helpful Melissa, thanks! It's terrible how there's hardly anything out there for this. I'm doing the Economy and Education.

Same Josh! When I looked at the spec I realised we'd missed out on a ton!

Feeling really stressed about this exam, Unit 3 was so easy and I messed up the big 30 mark for liberalism which was so dumb of me. I've got another exam tomorrow and it's hard to find a balance between the two.
Hi I will do, I am just finishing up on going over my notes for the environment then I will go through my education notes and let you both know what I've got :smile: AQA is so awful as for education you can't find any revision sources and it's also placed both multiculturalism and feminism together which really baffles me! I am so not confident with this exam 👎 will post back soon x
Reply 10
I'm doing the Economy and Education, but there really isn't a decent textbook for it. Duncan Hall's book is decent in some aspects, but the economy section is abysmal. Our teacher wrote his own pack for it, but it still isn't really that good.

Any predictions by the way? I reckon there might be something on Pragmatism vs Ideology for education as that hasn't come up since 2011, and something about similar economic policies/control over the economy.
Reply 11
Original post by Ali_rrr
I'm doing the Economy and Education, but there really isn't a decent textbook for it. Duncan Hall's book is decent in some aspects, but the economy section is abysmal. Our teacher wrote his own pack for it, but it still isn't really that good.

Any predictions by the way? I reckon there might be something on Pragmatism vs Ideology for education as that hasn't come up since 2011, and something about similar economic policies/control over the economy.

Yeah, I have it, education section is decent. But WTF is the economy section, like 5 pages long!

Yeah I agree with you for education, for the economy maybe something on government borrowing...but I'm really hoping for welfare or something along those lines.
Reply 12
Does anyone have any revision notes for The Economy section? We're doing Gender and Ethnicity, and The Economy. Feeling pretty decent Gender and Ethnicity, but I'm feeling awful for Economy. I don't have a decent textbook either, just made revision booklets from my class notes...
Reply 13
Original post by Jordan_K
Does anyone have any revision notes for The Economy section? We're doing Gender and Ethnicity, and The Economy. Feeling pretty decent Gender and Ethnicity, but I'm feeling awful for Economy. I don't have a decent textbook either, just made revision booklets from my class notes...

If I were you fella, I would just revise the hell out of economic policy from 1945 onwards, how the government used Keynesian policies, swapping to Monetarist, and now Balls/Osbourne using Keynesian policies. Also, I would if I were you, look at the economic policies of the big 3 parties (Labour, Tories and Lib Dems)
here are some vids on gov4b
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFjVyYvhAviwGv_1ZXTjwQ

I would suggest to anyone just go through every past exam you can get (read mark scheme / exam reports) and even use other exam boards. edexcel 4b has some similar stuff.
Glad to see I'm not the only one really stressed for this exam!!! My teacher has literally just photo-copied the AQA textbook and told us that it's all in there, and it's only from looking at past papers I've realised it's rubbish!!!!! SO nervous!!!!
Reply 16
Original post by paigerosee
Glad to see I'm not the only one really stressed for this exam!!! My teacher has literally just photo-copied the AQA textbook and told us that it's all in there, and it's only from looking at past papers I've realised it's rubbish!!!!! SO nervous!!!!

What makes it worse is that grade boundaries are higher for this unit than the other! Which topics are you doing?
What makes it worse is that grade boundaries are higher for this unit than the other! Which topics are you doing?

I'm doing ethnicity and gender and education. I feel okay for the ethnicity/gender part because there is a few resources online but I'm so stuck with the education bit!!!! Dreading it :frown:
Reply 18

I think examiners tend to be quite lenient on this. Just make sure you read the question, and if it says 'now' make sure you focus on 2010-, and if it says modern focus on from Thatcher onwards.
Hoping that Equality, ethnicity section will be a 30m on Multiculturalism, hasn't come up in a few years. For the economy, something to do with parties accepting neoliberalism, or something about a mixed economy, or even something about elections and economy. How likely do you all think it is that a similar question to a past paper coming up again is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending