The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History B - Protest, Law & Order - Tue 16th June 2015

Who's ready? How are you revising for it? Got any tips? Any idea of what could come up?

Share it all here!

Scroll to see replies

Doubt suffragettes will come up its come up way too many times I think it's either miners strike or the general strike. Really hope that the poll tax doesn't come up I hardly know anything for it
Reply 2
Original post by shareentwinkle
Doubt suffragettes will come up its come up way too many times I think it's either miners strike or the general strike. Really hope that the poll tax doesn't come up I hardly know anything for it

Watch a documentary on the poll tax and you should feel more comfortable with it. You can also download revision materials off the internet to help and if it comes in time - the revision guide.

I hope it's either the miner's strike or the poll tax simply because I find those more interesting.
Thanks will do. Really hope that miners strike does comes up .
Original post by jamestg
Watch a documentary on the poll tax and you should feel more comfortable with it. You can also download revision materials off the internet to help and if it comes in time - the revision guide.

can you send me the links or the websites you used to revise please as i need more information for the exam. thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Hopefully the general strike comes up!
Original post by jxnelle
Hopefully the general strike comes up!

I really hope so
Does anyone know what topics have come up in previous papers from the last three years? Probably easier to predict that way!
Original post by benn.cole
Does anyone know what topics have come up in previous papers from the last three years? Probably easier to predict that way!
apparently suffragettes has come up too many times and I think poll tax was last year or the year before so I think miners or general strike will come up
apparently suffragettes has come up too many times and I think poll tax was last year or the year before so I think miners or general strike will come up

cheers pal
I swear if suffragettes come up I will make Edexcel suffer
Original post by Alan-K
I swear if suffragettes come up I will make Edexcel suffer

What why? Suffragettes is easy though it'd be a good thing if it comes up. Highly doubt it though.
What why? Suffragettes is easy though it'd be a good thing if it comes up. Highly doubt it though.

Because they have overused Suffragettes too much now. Everyone is pretty much ruling out suffragettes and if it comes up a lot of people will be screwed and will suffer
Original post by Alan-K
Because they have overused Suffragettes too much now. Everyone is pretty much ruling out suffragettes and if it comes up a lot of people will be screwed and will suffer

Yh guess so apparently they could even overlap protests as the exam is different to last years I really hope they dont do tht 🙈
Yh guess so apparently they could even overlap protests as the exam is different to last years I really hope they dont do tht 🙈

Chances are Edexcel will overlap the protests. You know, they're evil, for-profit and corrupt.

This is why I hate learning history. You're memorising 4 different riots/protests and you don't have the time to truly appreciate what happened in each. At least American West and Crime and Punishment you can sit down and appreciate every date and event.
Original post by Alan-K
Chances are Edexcel will overlap the protests. You know, they're evil, for-profit and corrupt.

This is why I hate learning history. You're memorising 4 different riots/protests and you don't have the time to truly appreciate what happened in each. At least American West and Crime and Punishment you can sit down and appreciate every date and event.

Exactly, these protests are in fact very interesting but they way we are forced to learn them just ruins the whole concept I just hope Miners strike comes up or maybe poll tax
Exactly, these protests are in fact very interesting but they way we are forced to learn them just ruins the whole concept I just hope Miners strike comes up or maybe poll tax

I really like Poll Tax (Not the actual charge itself, but the riots and events). I hope that comes up and also Miner's strike.
Original post by Alan-K
I really like Poll Tax (Not the actual charge itself, but the riots and events). I hope that comes up and also Miner's strike.

Yeah, once I went over I understood more but 1 question why were protesters presented as "rent-a- Mobs" kinda confused on this part
Yeah, once I went over I understood more but 1 question why were protesters presented as "rent-a- Mobs" kinda confused on this part

Rent-A-Mobs are basically people who are like scruffy and constantly protesting in a negative way
Original post by Alan-K
Rent-A-Mobs are basically people who are like scruffy and constantly protesting in a negative way

Ahhh okay, thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending