The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bustamove
tbh, that C3 exam wasn't that hard... I don't know what came over me in the exam... maybe it was lack of sleep or something, but after comparing my answers with Arseys.. I made some ridiculous stupid mistakes... I know the grade boundaries for an A will be somewhere between June 13 -14... I don't think it will fall that much from june 2014 tbh... Arsey predicts 57 ums for an A.. I pray that his prediction is correct...

i think it caught people off guard because of the wording/style of the questions :/ me too, i wanted just a good solid B in this, but lack of sleep and stress turned me into a headless chicken in that exam, ended up realising what i needed to do for most questions when the time was already up which is a shame
Original post by ember8
so if it was say cos3xsinx, or sin3xsinx, what would the formula look like? as in, is it always sina +sinb?

basically you have to look at the right hand side of the sum and product identities and see which ones are similar to one you are integrating
so for sin3xsinx it is similar to cosA- cosB =-2sin((A+B)/2) sin((A-B)/2)
for cos3xsinx it is similar to sinA- sinB =2cos((A+B)/2) sin((A-B)/2)
and then you integrate . hope that makes sense :smile:
Nice! :smile: don't you mean June 2014? I don't think theres a Jan 2014...

Naa, if tomorrows papers anything like the June 2014 paper I can kiss good bye to an a* i done a jan 2014 international C4 paper from edexcel
Original post by kdevitto
Does anyone have a guide or a way of thinking on how to tackle differential equations? When I've started them I'm fine I just find it hard to know where to start? Thanks :smile:

there is a diffferentials section on this pdf that might help? :smile:
http://www.drfrostmaths.com/uploads/JFrost/files/C4CheatSheet.pdf
tbh, that C3 exam wasn't that hard... I don't know what came over me in the exam... maybe it was lack of sleep or something, but after comparing my answers with Arseys.. I made some ridiculous stupid mistakes... I know the grade boundaries for an A will be somewhere between June 13 -14... I don't think it will fall that much from june 2014 tbh... Arsey predicts 57 ums for an A.. I pray that his prediction is correct...

I need A*AA for my econ offer too, but no, it wasn't hard, it was just harder than normal. I still found it quite simple.
Original post by Maham88
basically you have to look at the right hand side of the sum and product identities and see which ones are similar to one you are integrating
so for sin3xsinx it is similar to cosA- cosB =-2sin((A+B)/2) sin((A-B)/2)
for cos3xsinx it is similar to sinA- sinB =2cos((A+B)/2) sin((A-B)/2)
and then you integrate . hope that makes sense :smile:

you're a star!
:clap2:
Original post by jubilant_joej
Partial fractions:
If the fraction is top heavy by one degree, e.g has x^3 on top and x^2 on bottom, then it can be expressed in the form Ax + B + C/denominators - is this correct?

yeah, and if it is the same e.g. x^2 on top and x^2 on the bottom it can be done as A + B/denominators
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I need A*AA for my econ offer too, but no, it wasn't hard, it was just harder than normal. I still found it quite simple.

whats your grade boundary prediction?
How do you find percentage error?
Original post by ember8
you're a star!
:clap2:

haha thanks :h:
Guys what shapes volume equations do we need to know and area.

cone?
I agree so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joe1545

error / true value * 100
Original post by ember8
i think it caught people off guard because of the wording/style of the questions :/ me too, i wanted just a good solid B in this, but lack of sleep and stress turned me into a headless chicken in that exam, ended up realising what i needed to do for most questions when the time was already up which is a shame

I made some massive stupid mistakes which made me head bang the table once I realised what I did....
e.g.
Question 9.. I forgot that K was a negative constant.. so wrote decreasing.. even though it was highlighted in BOLD.... like wtf.. how can I not see it? 2 marks gone...

question 2... I forgot the label the point where the graph intersects the x axis...
I worked it out, but I forgot to put it on... I also forgot to put the asymptote for the second graph.. (I just wrote y=5 at the bottom but I didn't label it.. Worked it out, forgot to draw it in the diagram..)
Thats 3 of the easiest marks lost from that 6 marker diagram question...

this continues throughout my paper.. I don't know what the **** was wrong with me in that exam hall.... all those mistakes had led me to getting borderline A if Arsey's prediction is correct...

I'm gonna make sure I get a good sleep tonight... What I did in C3 may have costed me my A* and my uni offer...This is deffo not going to happen tomorrow.. I will make sure of it...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joe1545

i think its (exact - approx/estimate )/exact *100
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Freddy-Francis
error / true value * 100

So say if the exact area under the curve is 10, and the approximated value is 9,

then the percentage error = (10-9)/10 * 100 = 10%
Guys for integration in C4 how are we supposed to tell which integration method we should use?:confused:
I made some massive stupid mistakes which made me head bang the table once I realised what I did....
e.g.
Question 9.. I forgot that K was a negative constant.. so wrote decreasing.. even though it was highlighted in BOLD.... like wtf.. how can I not see it? 2 marks gone...

question 2... I forgot the label the point where the graph intersects the x axis...
I worked it out, but I forgot to put it on... I also forgot to put the asymptote for the second graph.. (I just wrote y=5 at the bottom but I didn't label it.. Worked it out, forgot to draw it in the diagram..)
Thats 3 of the easiest marks lost from that 6 marker diagram question...

this continues throughout my paper.. I don't know what the **** was wrong with me in that exam hall....

nah you'll be fine, docking 2/3 marks here and there will probably still land you a good solid A
i couldnt even figure question 9 out, im pretty sure if id done that in timed conditions at home with a bowl of icecream id have got a lot more marks hahah, exam halls freak me out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending