The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
what do you think my first suggestion is?

lol the banter
Original post by TeeEm
sin(5x+3x) =...
sin(5x-3x) = ...

or if you want to show off integration by parts twice (loop)

then how do you integrate that?
Original post by frozo123
lol the banter

Original post by Rubgangsci
Do you want a cookie bro?

No. Full UMS would be nice though for 588 overall.

How have you been doing on the past papers?
Original post by Mutleybm1996
then how do you integrate that?

any good?
(solutions in the second page
Reply 1885
Original post by Datta10
How to integrate sin3xcos5x ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

i rember this being a pp question
can you tell me which paper it was from?
cheers
Original post by Paraphilos
What method do they use?

They used IBP, but without expanding. I've just had a read of the examiner report though and it seems that either method was acceptable which means that It was probably just a mistake on my part (although I don't understand why they wouldn't mention it on the mark scheme? =/)

Original post by johnh545
which paper is that from?

Original post by Maham88
what paper is this ?

June 2014 R:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Unit-C4-(6666)-Paper-1R-June-2014.pdf

Mark scheme can be found on Edexcel website :smile:
Original post by themorninglight
They used IBP, but without expanding. I've just had a read of the examiner report though and it seems that either method was acceptable which means that It was probably just a mistake on my part (although I don't understand why they wouldn't mention it on the mark scheme? =/)

I don't know what the difference is. Just use integration by parts :tongue:

June 2014 R:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Unit-C4-(6666)-Paper-1R-June-2014.pdf

Both gave me the same answer. 1/4e^4-5/4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm
any good?

really stupid question but my mind has gone blank

what is 4040045 to 3 sig fig ? thanks

June 2014 R:

I can be an arbiter ...
Original post by TeeEm
any good?

Do you think they could ask integrals like these? these are trickier than normal
Original post by Abdul Kalim
No. Full UMS would be nice though for 588 overall.

How have you been doing on the past papers?

Do you not like cookies? And I'm not taking C4 this year. I did it last year because I do FM, so I did maths A level in one year. I just came on here too see if anyone needed any help :smile:
Original post by arsenalfc97
Do you think they could ask integrals like these? these are trickier than normal

the one that the other chap asked for like sin3xcos4x I think are not likely under the current specification, because they involve more trigonometry than integration.

the rest are possible but still unlikely

Lol yeah, I'm probably just confusing myself. Thanks anyway :smile:
Original post by Rubgangsci
Do you not like cookies? And I'm not taking C4 this year. I did it last year because I do FM, so I did maths A level in one year. I just came on here too see if anyone needed any help :smile:

(sorry to butt in) thats pretty nice of you actually! *continues working*
Original post by TeeEm
the one that the other chap asked for like sin3xcos4x I think are not likely under the current specification, because they involve more trigonometry than integration.

the rest are possible but still unlikely

okay cool. Why is the integral of 2cosec2x Intanx? don't remember coming across this
okay cool. Why is the integral of 2cosec2x Intanx? don't remember coming across this

what paper? ill give it a go, that looks nuts

it is in the formula booklet ... (if you need it which is unlikely)

the proof requires further maths (little t identities)
What formulas do we need to know for differential equations? ( cone, sphere etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending