The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EggsterminateMe
I really don't know. I understand more then last year and yet I don't. *Le Sigh*

How you feeling?

I know what you mean mate, it's quite synoptic but much harder questions, not really looking forward to this compared to f334, hopefully It will not be that bad what do you think?
Original post by kingcobra007
Does anyone know how to do the pH questions where you work out a PH when half the amount of sodium hydroxide is added?
For example 20cm of 0.015 strong acid is mixed with 10cm of 0.015 NaOH , work out the pH
The answer is 2.3 but i dont know how to get there?

did you write the question properly??? wtf i just learnt this
Original post by chemistrykid123
I know what you mean mate, it's quite synoptic but much harder questions, not really looking forward to this compared to f334, hopefully It will not be that bad what do you think?

Last year was bad. It can't get worse than that. NMR I have a feeling will come up though.
Last year was bad. It can't get worse than that. NMR I have a feeling will come up though.

Yeah I guess that bloody NMR always comes up hopefully it disappears
Original post by kingcobra007
Does anyone know how to do the pH questions where you work out a PH when half the amount of sodium hydroxide is added?For example 20cm of 0.015 strong acid is mixed with 10cm of 0.015 NaOH , work out the pHThe answer is 2.3 but i dont know how to get there?

Original post by anni101
sameee I dont knwo how they got their either

Hi, not sure if it was answered earlier in this thread, but I attempted to explain it in the F335 thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3227749&page=10&p=57021377#post57021377

Good luck to you both tomorrow! :h:
Original post by nats927
did you write the question properly??? wtf i just learnt this

yeah i did, i know its a hard question because the examinor report just said that the vast majority got it wrong
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Hi, not sure if it was answered earlier in this thread, but I attempted to explain it in the F335 thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3227749&page=10&p=57021377#post57021377

Good luck to you both tomorrow! :h:

Ah yeah i get it thanks! good luck to you as well!
Hi does anyone know how to work out question 5(d) from the june 2011 paper?

yo eggy how did you think it went?
yo eggy how did you think it went?

I was waiting for you to ask.I have made my fair share of mistakes but defo better than last year. I'm estimating around 35-40 marks lost, but then again I estimated the same last year and I ended up with a D. So we'll see I guess.

Yourself?
I was waiting for you to ask.I have made my fair share of mistakes but defo better than last year. I'm estimating around 35-40 marks lost, but then again I estimated the same last year and I ended up with a D. So we'll see I guess.

Yourself?

Yeah guess it was better than last but I did make lots of mistakes and a bit of guess work for some questions, no heavy NMR which is good I guess and F334 was good. Any other exams left?
Yeah guess it was better than last but I did make lots of mistakes and a bit of guess work for some questions, no heavy NMR which is good I guess and F334 was good. Any other exams left?

Same. And so happy about the Lack of NMR, but the unknown structures and naming for structures made up for it:colonhash:.

I've got biology unit 5 on wednesday then I'm finished. Just so worried about results now. My ex-head was telling me out of 20 people who retook in thier gap year or when repeating year, only about 4-6 improved. He said you won't always be improving. I wanted to prove him wrong but some of these exams just make me doubt getting into Uni.

You have any exams left?
Same. And so happy about the Lack of NMR, but the unknown structures and naming for structures made up for it:colonhash:.

I've got biology unit 5 on wednesday then I'm finished. Just so worried about results now. My ex-head was telling me out of 20 people who retook in thier gap year or when repeating year, only about 4-6 improved. He said you won't always be improving. I wanted to prove him wrong but some of these exams just make me doubt getting into Uni.

You have any exams left?

I agree those structures were really annoying, ah I believe we both have BIOL5 9.00am on Wednesday? Stupid synoptic essay I got a U on that exam last year. Really those statistics are quite shocking to be honest, just focus on your last exam then what ever happens happens mate
I agree those structures were really annoying, ah I believe we both have BIOL5 9.00am on Wednesday? Stupid synoptic essay I got a U on that exam last year. Really those statistics are quite shocking to be honest, just focus on your last exam then what ever happens happens mate

Ah you're right about the time and day but I do Edexcel so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Yh just gonna focus on this one.
Ah you're right about the time and day but I do Edexcel so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Yh just gonna focus on this one.

O my bad I do AQA that's strange they are both at the same time, anyways good luck.
O my bad I do AQA that's strange they are both at the same time, anyways good luck.

You too man :smile:

You have any exams left?

Noooooo don't say that. I got ACC last year and need AAB. That's only a fifth of the retakers improving naaaah mate
Original post by anni101
Noooooo don't say that. I got ACC last year and need AAB. That's only a fifth of the retakers improving naaaah mate

It put me down too but that's why I was so determined this year. I follow the self defying prophecy and I'll hopefull prove him wrong.
He also said whoever does retakes, won't improve by that much.
I don't believe it so don't believe it either. What I'm worried about is not getting enough UMS makrs for an A or a B
It put me down too but that's why I was so determined this year. I follow the self defying prophecy and I'll hopefull prove him wrong.
He also said whoever does retakes, won't improve by that much.
I don't believe it so don't believe it either. What I'm worried about is not getting enough UMS makrs for an A or a B

yeh sammee thats what head of sixthform said.Many people resit so many exams neglecting A2 and so dont do so well but tbh many a2 content is very synoptic so might aswell. Sadly i listened to her advice and took the risk so didnt do much AS resists, just chem unit 2 cos its worth the most. So for bio need to get an A from a U in unit 5 to stand a chance of getting a B cos got a B in as and i dont know how unit 4 went eek. I think all 3 chem exams went better than last year, whether its good enough to get an A or not i dont know. Fortunatley my insurance is ABB so its all good. Hopefully we improve.
Original post by anni101
yeh sammee thats what head of sixthform said.Many people resit so many exams neglecting A2 and so dont do so well but tbh many a2 content is very synoptic so might aswell. Sadly i listened to her advice and took the risk so didnt do much AS resists, just chem unit 2 cos its worth the most. So for bio need to get an A from a U in unit 5 to stand a chance of getting a B cos got a B in as and i dont know how unit 4 went eek. I think all 3 chem exams went better than last year, whether its good enough to get an A or not i dont know. Fortunatley my insurance is ABB so its all good. Hopefully we improve.

Bio Edexcel?
And Yes same. But you see, I'm scared to the point that I don't even think I can secure a B this year because Bio is my weakest subject. And I also got a U in unit 5 but ti's ridiculous because my whole class nearly got E's and U's but when they got it remarked, they went up about two grades so I'm just gonna pretend the examiners were drunk.

Quick Reply

Latest