A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Really hate the genetics stuff.
Original post by thequackingduck
Really hate the genetics stuff.

I really hate cellular control module

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats likely to come up guys?? :frown:

(there's no time to go over the whole spec if you're going to say that to me :s-smilie:)
Gonna fail this :frown:
Original post by THEMathlete
Gonna fail this :frown:

Gotta believe
Ugh this is my hardest exam but this is the one I need the best grade in for med school ahh.
Original post by Klesia
HOW ARE WE MEANT TO GET THE WHOLE OF F215 IN OUR HEADS?

feel like my brain is going to explode!

i know that feel bro.jpg
Original post by cr7alwayz
what are the functions of involuntary, voluntary and cardiac muscle.

Voluntary (skeletal) - movement of limbs
Cardiac - contraction of the heart/pump blood
involuntary (smooth) - something to do with autonomic control but I know this isn't specific enough, if someone could add that would be great!
Original post by Syystole
Gotta believe

:/ I know I know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if this guy has seen f215 content tho, so there are exceptions to 'just do it' phrase. Either way I know im ****ked for this, and I honestly couldn't care about it tbh
Original post by Cdp3
Can someone very briefly explain how alleles spread throughout a population?

A certain allele with a particular advantageous function may give an organism a selective advantage over organisms that don't have this allele.
This allele came about by a random mutation.
Those with this advantageous allele are more likely to survive and reproduce to pass this mutated allele onto their offspring.
The frequency of this allele will increase over generations.

E.g. if a zebra had an allele caused by a random mutation that gave it the ability to outrun its predator, this is a selective advantage. This zebra will be more likely to survive than other zebras without this allele. This zebra will be more likely to pass its mutated allele onto future generations so that a future population of zebras will have more of these mutated alleles present than the previous population :smile:
Reply 3573
Original post by coolerthanbeans
A certain allele with a particular advantageous function may give an organism a selective advantage over organisms that don't have this allele.
This allele came about by a random mutation.
Those with this advantageous allele are more likely to survive and reproduce to pass this mutated allele onto their offspring.
The frequency of this allele will increase over generations.

E.g. if a zebra had an allele caused by a random mutation that gave it the ability to outrun its predator, this is a selective advantage. This zebra will be more likely to survive than other zebras without this allele. This zebra will be more likely to pass its mutated allele onto future generations so that a future population of zebras will have more of these mutated alleles present than the previous population :smile:

Thank you !!!:biggrin:
Original post by raach.14
Voluntary (skeletal) - movement of limbs
Cardiac - contraction of the heart/pump blood
involuntary (smooth) - something to do with autonomic control but I know this isn't specific enough, if someone could add that would be great!

Flow of blood/food via peristalsis
populations sustainability is the worst chapter. it may seem easy but scoring all the marks on a question never seems to be an option ... just me ?
Reply 3576
predictions?
Original post by bakedbeans247
whats likely to come up guys?? :frown:

(there's no time to go over the whole spec if you're going to say that to me :s-smilie:)

I'm literally cramming the whole syllabus today. obvs going to fail
what should I focus on:/
Can someone give me a link to the old last papers?
please can someone explain genetic drift?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending