The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunshine northp
Have any waiting List-ers heard from Southampton Admissions?

I don't suspect anyone will hear until results day.
Has anyone with achieved grades had their offer changed to unconditional yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LittleDonkey
Has anyone with achieved grades had their offer changed to unconditional yet?

Mine still hasn't. I'm really not holding out on anything happening until mid-August... I don't think admissions admin are that concerned with updating things ASAP, either; probably have other things on their hands...
Original post by 9910224
Mine still hasn't. I'm really not holding out on anything happening until mid-August... I don't think admissions admin are that concerned with updating things ASAP, either; probably have other things on their hands...

Well I spoke to them and they said it would be in the next few weeks.. They probably want to get all of those out the way before the big job in August when the A Level results come in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I spoke to them and they said it would be in the next few weeks.. They probably want to get all of those out the way before the big job in August when the A Level results come in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Historically they haven't bothered until results day. So it would not surprise me if there was a big mixture of hearing soon and not hearing. As long as you have the grades there shouldnt be any problems though :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Think they meant that thing about updating in the next few weeks. Just got mine updated to unconditional. Might be worth checking your e-mail/UCAS track between now and the near future. Exciting times! :tongue:
Original post by 9910224
Think they meant that thing about updating in the next few weeks. Just got mine updated to unconditional. Might be worth checking your e-mail/UCAS track between now and the near future. Exciting times! :tongue:

How come you have an unconditional? Did you take a gap year?
Yeah mine was updated to unconditional today too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so confused. Can someone link the application form to me please? I can't find it anywhere :frown:
Original post by medactuary
I'm so confused. Can someone link the application form to me please? I can't find it anywhere :frown:

Which application form?
Original post by medactuary
How come you have an unconditional? Did you take a gap year?

Two years. I finished A-levels in 2013. The initial offer was (quite bewilderingly) conditional like everyone else's...
Reply 811
Hi everyone, I was wondering about something so my question is to any offer holders here: For those that completed the online health questionnaire, have you heard back yet or know what the decision is? And if so, how long did it take for your decision to come through? I've received an offer on the 10th of June and completed my health form around the 18th, so I was wondering when I might hear back as I have completed all other parts of my offer for now (supposed to change to unconditional once my health screening result comes through). Thank you in advance. :smile:
Original post by HishamG
Hi everyone, I was wondering about something so my question is to any offer holders here: For those that completed the online health questionnaire, have you heard back yet or know what the decision is? And if so, how long did it take for your decision to come through? I've received an offer on the 10th of June and completed my health form around the 18th, so I was wondering when I might hear back as I have completed all other parts of my offer for now (supposed to change to unconditional once my health screening result comes through). Thank you in advance. :smile:

Previously this hasn't happened until A level results day although it seems that for a few of the medicine courses this has happened a little earlier this year.
I wouldn't worry until August to be honest!
Reply 813
Hi Neostigmine, thank you for your reply :smile: Does this also apply to graduates, or can they hear back earlier? And on another note: If there is a missing part of your health screening (For example a missing vaccine or pathology test), would a student be required to take the vaccine or test before commencing studies without it affecting his/her application? In other words, is a missing vaccine/test detrimental to one's application? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HishamG
Hi Neostigmine, thank you for your reply :smile: Does this also apply to graduates, or can they hear back earlier? And on another note: If there is a missing part of your health screening (For example a missing vaccine or pathology test), would a student be required to take the vaccine or test before commencing studies without it affecting his/her application? In other words, is a missing vaccine/test detrimental to one's application? Thank you :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone is the same. You may hear, you may not but makes no difference really at this stage!

And no that's fine. They give you anything you're missing when you arrive. You're not going to do any high risk procedures any time soon!
Hi everyone :smile: just wondering from current southampton students what I will need when moving into halls ie) desk lamps, printers, mini fridges. What will already be in the room when I arrive and what will I have to buy?
Original post by lilyrose11712
Hi everyone :smile: just wondering from current southampton students what I will need when moving into halls ie) desk lamps, printers, mini fridges. What will already be in the room when I arrive and what will I have to buy?

I'll answer your question, but it is always worth looking at the university website for this sort of info:

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/arrivals/Southampton/sotonprovided.html
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/arrivals/Southampton/sotonbring.html

Lot quicker than waiting for a reply!

However:

There will be printers available in the libraries and in halls computer rooms. You get credit for them but when that runs out some people tend to buy a printer rather than renew credits. But it is worth coming here, and seeing if you use the librrary printers enough to warrant buying one. Some people print a lot, others don't. Depends how you like to take your notes.

You're not allowed a mini fridge. It will get you in trouble during inspection if it is found :sadnod:. You'll need your own lamp. It's basically a room with a bed in it if I remember rightly.

However instead of buying it all now and lugging it here, you could always go shopping in your first few days. We have enormous Asda/Sainsbury's/Tescos and an Ikea.

You'll need bedding - that's the most important part. And if you want your internet to be wireless you'll need your own wireless router to plug into the ethernet unless they've finally bought the uni wifi to halls!
Thank you very much!!!! That is very helpful😀😀😀
Reply 818
I think they do have wifi in all halls now, except one of the smaller ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 819
Hi everyone. I was wondering: Do international students get to move into uni halls before September 19th, or no they move in on the 19th like everyone else? International arrivals and induction starts on September 12th, is this independent of move-in day for the internationals? Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending