AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by halcyon3
june 2011

Does anyone know when enzymes was last asked in the essay
Original post by halcyon3
june 2011

Thanks :smile: so why do people think it's going to come up if it's only been 4 years since it was asked? Wouldn't another topic come up that's never been asked before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So does tRNA take up the complementary base pairs on the mRNA and translate them into amino acids? How is this done? Thanks.
Original post by Ozy96
My prediction is the essay is either about DNA or ions.
Ions would be a dream come true

I'd be really suspicious about a DNA essay because I feel like I'd end up just writing about one tiny part of the course
This guy made some good predictions imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOG4E0vEMUo
As a Biochemistry hopeful next year I'm going to pray for an ATP essay
does anyone else feel that most of the paper isn't even text book knowledge its just interpreting what information they have given you?
Original post by 3456
How have people been doing on past papers? The highest I've got (not including essay marks) on a past paper is 46, but I've only done 2 need to get them all done tomorrow.

50 (without essay) but it was 70 for an A on the paper :frown:
Hey guys, about the stolen paper, in the psychology exam today some areas got the reserve papers but others got the original so that will probably happen with biology unit 5 too since it was stolen as well.
Original post by SamuelSingleton
that was written on thursday for something that happened 2 weeks ago now... they would have been predominantly GCSE papers and not this years unit 5 biology .. they don't send papers out any more than 3 days in advance!
so any predictions can still come up

Biology is effected, someone sent me a list. I mean my psychology exam today was one of the ones stolen, you can tell because the code has an R after it.
This is the list of whats effected:
11429428_845913522111549_211745278_n.jpg
Reply 930
Original post by RebeccaHoran
Hey guys, about the stolen paper, in the psychology exam today some areas got the reserve papers but others got the original so that will probably happen with biology unit 5 too since it was stolen as well.

Surely they can't do that? As that won't be fair...
Hey what are everyone doing for timings on this exam? I have no idea
Reply 932
Original post by hollingram
Hey what are everyone doing for timings on this exam? I have no idea

I think your meant to spend 45 mins on the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone think proteins could come up for essay? I really want it too but doubt it will
Original post by RebeccaHoran

I think they'll manage to send them all out in time for it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can anyone please explain the kidneys to me or post some example essays of where you have included the kidneys.
Original post by dianajxox

Each row must add up to 100% of bases, so you just add up 38, 20 and 24 and subtract that from 100, then do the same for the other row :smile:
Reply 938
Original post by Ozy96
My prediction is the essay is either about DNA or ions.
Ions would be a dream come true

Could you sort of bullet point what you'd talk about with ions? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ozy96
Surely they can't do that? As that won't be fair...

I know, it doesn't seem fair but my college had the reserved exam but then other colleges were saying on tsr that they had a different exam with a different exam reference number too, :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending