The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is Bellerin's shirt soaked from the chest low chest and down? Looks like he's getting a beer belly
Can't wait for the lols when the away kit is released.
Original post by leinad2012
Why is Bellerin's shirt soaked from the chest low chest and down? Looks like he's getting a beer belly

He's been out on the ale all month with Grealish.
Original post by Mackay
New kit and that:

if these guys were school teachers based on their looks:

rosicky: french
monreal: english
cazorla: science
welbz: supply
bellerin: PE
Original post by swirly

:rofl: I reckon you're spot on.
Walcott looks like a Typical PE teacher with a whistle hanging on his neck. Sanchez is that die hard fitness PE teacher that just takes every exercise to extreme and makes everyone do 200 press ups.

Giroud and Ramsey are those teachers that girls want to have detention with every day after school.

Kosc is that one strict as **** teacher they all hate.

Wilshere is that young teacher who doesn't give a **** about the rules and let's pupils doss, has great banter with them and he's their favourite.

Mertesacker is that clumsy teacher who is always nervous.

Ozil is the teacher that gets terrored and has to call the Headmaster for help every lesson.

Wenger is the Headmaster who thinks he's a really great headmaster but everyone makes jokes about him behind his back.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by swirly

Monreal and Bellerin are PE all day long, but I'd say that Welbz is more of a maths or chemistry wizard.
Wilshere is the nutty rugby coach who goes well OTT when the school beat their rivals.

Wenger is the paedo caretaker
Yeah...that's not a very flattering photo of Bellerin
cant decide who looks more like a hollister model in that picture: rosicky, monreal or bellerin?

bellerin obviously has the cheek bones.

rosicky comes with the hair aesthetics

and monreal brings good all round game

nohomo
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
He's been out on the ale all month with Grealish.

Pretty much, monreal looks like he's sucking his gut in and it's backfired, you can see his ribs like some starving child :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Arteta would be the art teacher who tells his students to imagine exotix concepts and to 'let the brush do the work'.

Coquelin would be the kid who's on a permanent report card and switches if anyone looks at him, was probably in juvi at some point

Diaby is the kid who's in one day every term and goes home at lunch time for something like a nose bleed
Original post by The Shed End
Arteta would be the art teacher who tells his students to imagine exotix concepts and to 'let the brush do the work'.

Coquelin would be the kid who's on a permanent report card and switches if anyone looks at him, was probably in juvi at some point

Diaby is the kid who's in one day every term and goes home at lunch time for something like a nose bleed

:rofl:
Cech would be a great signing on so many levels, most of all to see the Chelsea plastics crying about it.
Original post by De Chirico
Cech would be a great signing on so many levels, most of all to see the Chelsea plastics crying about it.

i just dont see the sense in playing 11m for a 33 year old.

its a myth that just because he's a GK he will last longer.

casillas is 34 and past it.
buffon is 37 and was definitely exposed in the run up to and including the world cup
Original post by atom y humber
Why are you taking just 5 seasons? He was here for 8 seasons and only played at world class level for 18 months (part of which you included in his 1 in 2 stats). There're 2 seasons you've discounted for.

Without those 18 months i.e discounting the 10-12 seasons, he had 73 in 196 (going by wiki and sound more accurate as he wasn't as good as your stats purports him to be).

International football is strange though. Ryan babel was also an omnipresent member of the Dutch squad in that era.

Because we're talking about how good he was around 2010. How good he was 6 years previously is irrelevant. I did 5 seasons together just because it's quicker than saying them all, but you can take it for individual seasons if you wanted, eg 9 in 16 in 09-10, 7 in 15 in 07-08, 11 in 22 in 06-07. All injury hit seasons where he was 1 in 2.

And I included part of his world class period because you did:

Original post by atom y humber
And if rvp was playing at the level you're claiming, why would arsenal fans want him out (I hate stats and I was pretty sure he wasn't performing as your claiming so went to check and he only had a 1 in 2 in one injury season 10-11 btw and this was after Ade left, so make of that what you will; my source could be wrong though). No fans wants a world class player out.
Original post by swirly

buffon is 37 and was definitely exposed in the run up to and including the world cup

Yes but Casillas is that kind of GK who relied on reflexes and agility which goes with age, keepers like Cech never had it so dont lose it. So the likes of De Gea will be finished by 32 but the likes of Courtois will play until 40.

Most GKs do last until about 36+Lehmann joined at the same age, Seaman went until 40. Schmeichel, Van Der Sar, Kahn, Buffon are all examples of it as well.

And most importantly, Cech clearly still performs at the top level so £11m is nothing for 3+ seasons of quality
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by swirly

Buffon is still quality. Was solid in the champs league and throughout this season. Casillas has dropped off but he's still a good keeper. Having a GK who is a leader makes a massive difference to the confidence of the back four. Been a long time since we had a presence like that in our goal. Cech has done it all, would be quality addition.

Also if you think GKs can't stay at the top level for longer then you need to look at the history of your own club mate. David Seaman did it all with us between the age of 30-40.

Edwin van der Sar is another good example.
Welcome to the only club in London that matters Petr, you've proven you've got what it takes at Chelsea to make it here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Welcome to the only club in London that matters Petr, you've proven you've got what it takes at Chelsea to make it here.

You should go for Ross Turnbull, after all he has.more Champions Leagues than your little club

Spoiler

Latest