The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dominicwild
I remember it said co-ordinates. Which implies more than one. Thought I got mine wrong since they were strange numbers.

****... Ah stupid mistake there....
Original post by GTA5
I doubt it. 0.2 yrs for the animals to reach a population of "4000"?! It has to be in degrees so u get 27yrs. C'mon lets be realistic. Do u think humans can produce 4000 offspring in 73 days? (0.2 yrs)

1. It didn't say what number the population started at, it could have started at 3999

2. With questions like these you always use radians...
For the integration of 9^x, did anyone put 9^(x+1)/(x+1). LOL I'm pretty sure that's completely wrong
For people wondering when arsey will do the mark scheme. It won't be sooner than 2 hours from when the exam finished. Be patient, concentrate on the exams you have coming up.
who got 2 + 5/4x - 25/64 x^2 for the first question binomial expansion
Original post by pinkcrystal
Yeh, It said find the coordinates of the points. So when you expanded you got (5y^2 - 16)(5y^2 + 16) = 0 so both of those are x coordinates and I just found the corresponding y coordinates. But if you got one of them i'm sure you've got most if not all marks :smile:

Ah ****!... stupid mistake there...
I think it was (3^2x)/2ln3 as when 3^2x differentiates it is just multiplied by a factor of 2ln3
Original post by GTA5
I doubt it. 0.2 yrs for the animals to reach a population of "4000"?! It has to be in degrees so u get 27yrs. C'mon lets be realistic. Do u think humans can produce 4000 offspring in 73 days? (0.2 yrs)

I've also done a past paper where you had to use radians for a question like this.
well there goes my A, felt like ive done so well on the other 5 units too. i'll be lucky to get a C on this exam now hoping for a lot of method marks :// completely demotivated now.
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
011.jpg
I think i made so many silly mistakes. That was wayyyyy to long. Loooooonnnnnnngggggggg.
Q1 and Vectors was nice though.
The most annoying part of that exam is that I actually knew how to do every question but would have needed about an hour longer to finish each one.
Original post by The fish inspect
For people wondering when arsey will do the mark scheme. It won't be sooner than 2 hours from when the exam finished. Be patient, concentrate on the exams you have coming up.

It'll be more than that since I don't think he can do the paper either...

:[
Original post by Ohwhenwilson
For q1) was it expand to x^2 or x^3, i went up to x^3 but people saying it was 2 😁

the question said x^2.
Original post by Bustamove
****... Ah stupid mistake there....

I understand your pain!
VOTE NOW ON HOW YOU FOUND THIS EXAM
Click here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3407487
Note: C4 JUNE 2015 UK paper ONLY!
Original post by sat_freak
We don't know if they are human.....

All calculations in serious calculus assume radians.

Answer is 0.473 years

at t=0, population was already 3000.
So for 4000, another 0.473 years or 5.5 months seems reasonable.

Sometimes, if the exam didn't specify radians or degrees, in the mark scheme there'll be alternative solutions for both cases, both obtaining full marks.
(They've even been really generous in the past by accepting theta in degrees even when it gave the range of theta between 0 and π/2 or something)
(edited 8 years ago)
lol i think arsey didn't even want to attempt the paper this year.
quite liked it. messed up part b of last Q.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GTA5

Calculus and degrees don't mix m8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending