The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

I DID PSYA 4 THIS MORNING TOO :redface: it went well and then there was this exam xD
Original post by dominicwild
Method marks are my best friend. I'm realizing silly mistakes I've made >.< Like
Unparseable latex formula:

\int 3^2^x \dx = 3^2^x \ln(3) \times 6

I looked at the 3 and was multiplying by 2, so my brain did a dumb. RIP all answer marks to that question.

It sucks when questions require those pre-requisites. Coming from PSYA4 I didn't have much time to effectively revise C4.
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
Did anyone else just use a substitution on the last question? It made it so much easier.

Yes I did :smile: What substitution did you use?
Original post by emu_neutrino
yeah i did that as i havent really done intergation of a^x that much and didnt want to risk screwing it up so I put 3^x equal to u and i got 13pi/ln3 which seems to be what a lot of other people got.

There is a general rule for the differentiation and integration of axa^x; they involve multiplying and dividing by log(a)\log(a) respectively. So you're probably correct.
Original post by anorris13
How many marks would I lose for getting the wrong value of X for Q? I got the correct equation and correct integration for b, but got the x co word wrong which will also have affected my cone? I am thinking 4?

You could only lose 1 mark in second prt. So 3 in the whole quest i reckon.
Original post by Emmi12345
I'm mortified. :colondollar: Everyone will see my idiotic post in the tags now, oops!
The hardest part of my French exam was doing the word count at the end... due to stress. It looked like I couldn't even count to 400, hehe.

Ability to count to 400 isn't a prerequisite for sitting in C4 though.

know, exams can stress you out in funny ways, ways you never thought were even possible.
Original post by HMusa
3c... Is that 32ln2 - 12 then after simplification? Since you've not put brackets it seems like +12 but I'm pretty sure I got - 12...not saying you're wrong. Just want to know for peace of mind

Pretty sure it's +12 but not 100% sure
i got -12 too buddy
The paper was hard in my opinion. Looking at the answers I think I've got at least 66/75. What UMS would that be equal to approximately? Also, I used 4000 instead of 4 for the differential equation question. How many marks could I get for that? Also, I got the wrong angle for the vectors question, and thus got a different answer for the length in the next part. Will I get any marks for it?
Reply 2908
Original post by RH0909
Also... for the vector question, I made a super silly mistakes in part one... which means I got the whole question wrong... I feel so bad right now. But I think for part 2&3, my method were correct and all the steps were written clearly. So do I get any follow through marks at all? Or I‘ll get zero in that question? plz help me!!

anyone?
Unofficial Mark scheme anyone?
VOTE NOW ON HOW YOU FOUND THIS EXAM
Click here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3407487
Note: C4 JUNE 2015 UK paper ONLY!
What the hell is the a=2 and b=-5 on Q5 about, I don't remember writing that....
Original post by anndz3007
for the ln2 question, did anyone get 32(ln2 square)-32ln2+12 ??

Yes but I simplified the logs (cant remembere if it asked for it in its simplest form tho)
I integrated 3^2x as 3^2x/In3 which i now realise is wrong. Do i lose all the marks after this? or if i subbed in right etc could i still get some
Original post by HMusa
3c... Is that 32ln2 - 12 then after simplification? Since you've not put brackets it seems like +12 but I'm pretty sure I got - 12...not saying you're wrong. Just want to know for peace of mind

You can't simplify (ln 2)^2 as 2ln 2 since the whole ln was squared.
Original post by HItchslapped
VOTE NOW ON HOW YOU FOUND THIS EXAM
Click here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3407487
Note: C4 JUNE 2015 UK paper ONLY!

you need to be hitched somewhere and be slapped!

stop the spamming
Got k=2 instead of k=4, would I get ECF marks?
Original post by physicsmaths
You could only lose 1 mark in second prt. So 3 in the whole quest i reckon.

Thank you this has put my mind at ease, made such a stupid mistake, but I was rushing towards the end
ffs. for finding the x for Q. i got 1 :frown:

Will i get carry forward marks?
Original post by hxllyb
on Q8 I forgot how to differentiate 3^x, so i rearrange y = 3^x to lny = xln3,so when differentiated i got dy/dx = xy/3 so dy/dx = 6, which gave me the tangent line y = 6x -3, which looked right on the diagram. I dont understand how this made me get such different answers as no logs included. Please can someone tell me if/what i have done wrong and if i would still get any method marks?

anyone??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending