The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizzieee4
What year was that paper? The syllabus might've changed, I haven't seen any specification points about knowing bone structure :s-smilie:

I looked across the spec and didn't find it anywhere, Its on the responding to the environment section of past paper in thebiotutor
Original post by Lighfy
It's a sneaky question. It's basically asking you to name the bones in an arm. (And the scapula).

do we need to know how to label the bones of an arm?:frown:
Original post by cinderella25
I looked across the spec and didn't find it anywhere, Its on the responding to the environment section of past paper in thebiotutor

couldn't have been an ocr paper
do we need to know how to label the bones of an arm?:frown:

Well it's the only question I've seen where it asks you to label the bones. I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
can someone summarise what random reassortment and random segregation of chromosomes is and at what stages they occur?
My predications are:

The Galapagos island
chi squared test
cloning
succession
Brain
Original post by Lighfy
Well it's the only question I've seen where it asks you to label the bones. I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Ive been using the syllabus and seen nothing like that :/
same
Can someone explain the whole chi squared thing please? So confused!!
Has anyone got a link to the old past papers??
Original post by Bobbs
I am actually screwed for this unit. I am yet to get above a U in a past paper

same

and I need an A for my offer

hilarious..
Original post by Saltedcaramel1
My predications are:

The Galapagos island
chi squared test
cloning
succession
Brain

The Galapagos Islands -.- we need to know about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone explain 1.b.i for june 14?
My predications are:

The Galapagos island
chi squared test
cloning
succession
Brain

Actually never mind, found it in the spec oh deaaaar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by THEMathlete
The Galapagos Islands -.- we need to know about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaaas, it's pretty simple and it hasn't come up in forever so pretty good chance it will tomorrow :smile:
My predications are:

The Galapagos island
chi squared test
cloning
succession
Brain

if they come up i will buy you a drink
Original post by baymax96
can someone summarise what random reassortment and random segregation of chromosomes is and at what stages they occur?

Independent assortment occurs during metaphase. The bivalents line up at the equator of the cell. Bivalents are pairs of homologous chromosomes, comprised (I think) of one from the mum - maternal - and one from the father - paternal.

It's just another way of shuffling the deck of genetic playing cards; you could have both maternal in one cell and both paternal in the other, or a mixture.
There's so much to learn are OCR serious!?

If it isn't on the spec then I wouldn't worry about it. I've looked at all the OCR papers since 2010 and I haven't seen a question on it
Yaaas, it's pretty simple and it hasn't come up in forever so pretty good chance it will tomorrow :smile:

I will dance around if that came up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending