A* A B C D E
65 59 47 41 37 27

A* will be higher I think 67-68
C4 Edexcel Maths Paper with SOLUTION - 16 June 2015.pdf

Please rep when downloading, cheers.

Direct Download:
http://www93.zippyshare.com/d/sxvc4j9n/962485/C4%20Edexcel%20Maths%20Paper%20with%20SOLUTION%20-%2016%20June%202015.pdf

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/sxvc4j9n/file.html
Original post by C++
I'm sorry, but the mathematics are incorrect;

(3x)2=(32)x[br]ax=1ln(a)ax (3^x)^2 = (3^2)^x[br]\int_{}^{}a^x = \frac{1}{ln(a)}a^x

This means that:

9x=1ln(9)9x \int_{}^{} 9^x = \frac{1}{ln(9)}9^x

yes i know the maths is wrong, thats why im asking how many marks i could get for method
Original post by Joseph.S
You seemed to use radians when you found the years. I got that but realized it wanted degrees?
27.1 years.

Oh crap! I was paranoid of making silly mistakes the whole way through the exam and I miss that because my paranoia left me with less time on the last bit! irony's a b**** eh.

I used radians I believe as that's what they usually want and didn't spot is specifying anywhere?? Ended up with like 0.4.... years. Thought nothing of it :L
Original post by tilly_a
you guys think UMS boundaries will be the same as June 13R paper? so :

A* A B C D E
65 59 47 41 37 27

I doubt it, probably average-high grade boundaries

A* 69
A 63
B 56
C 49
Original post by sat_freak

Direct Download:
http://www93.zippyshare.com/d/sxvc4j9n/962485/C4%20Edexcel%20Maths%20Paper%20with%20SOLUTION%20-%2016%20June%202015.pdf

Dude you should have made a thread rather than making a post. It would have pissed Arsey right off :biggrin:
Reply 3266
Help!!

How many marks would I lose for putting 32In2^2 + 32In2 -12 instead of 32In2^2 - 32In 2 +12
Original post by thatNoseyParker
Oh crap! I was paranoid of making silly mistakes the whole way through the exam and I miss that because my paranoia left me with less time on the last bit! irony's a b**** eh.

I used radians I believe as that's what they usually want and didn't spot is specifying anywhere?? Ended up with like 0.4.... years. Thought nothing of it :L

It would be radians because you used calculus to get it - degrees and calculus don't mix;

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/720924/why-do-we-require-radians-in-calculus
If I went straight from having - ln3 on one side then combining it to the Ln on the other side in the next step would I lose a mark?
C4 was considerably easier than C3, imho.

I would argue the complete opposite, or perhaps it was just the integral in the last question that makes me feel that way :/ But too late now.. thanks for the link, I bet Arsey is using it right now :smile:
Original post by Wahid1
I have a few questions:

1) how many marks do I lose if I found K as 2 and continued so I got the area as half? Out of the total 8 marks of the question.

2) For the differential equation I found c correctly but at the end I couldn't get the final answer they wanted even doe part A was right. How many marks would I lose out of the 7?

3) for the years question how many marks do I lose if I did the question in degrees?

4) for the vector question how many marks do I get (if any) if I found the position vector of B for the shortest distance?

5) for the cone question, do you get one mark for writing V=pi integral of y2? Also due to a lack of time I went to write what I would do instead of doing it, but I wrote the radius will be 9 for the cone et and you do integral until 2 minus the volume of cone from Q to P?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Help pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Khanlar22
Do you know if there is error carried forwards in C4 ???
please answer

In the mark schemes for past papers I haven't seen it anywhere
Hi people could someone answer this since I need an a* in maths for uni..... Basically up to the last question I dropped 4 marks then on 8b I differentiated 3^2x and stuck in the correct limits and did the rest correct but I'm thinking this is a big maths error, how many marks will I loose , the qu was out of 6. Thanks
Original post by mc1996
These are all my solutions. sorry for the poor quality but should be still readable, should be -8ydy/dx for first line of Question 2

Forgive me is I'm wrong but on question 2, doesn't -4y^2 differentiate into -8y dy/dx not +8y dy/dx??
(edited 8 years ago)
Is Arsey dead or something???

Or maybe he is also mind****ed by that last question xD
Original post by thatNoseyParker

it doesn't say anything about using degrees?

Direct Download:

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/sxvc4j9n/file.html

guys is this spam or an actual thing?
Guys is 480 UMS overall for an A for an A*? In the june 14 grade boundaries it says 480 below A and then nothing for A*?
Original post by sahlean
You've integrated a trig expression so have to use radians.

Hmm. Annoying if you're correct. I plugged in my value again and 27.1 is correct. 0.46 wouldn't sound right if they wanted it years. I guess we'll wait for Arsey.
If i got about 55/75, what UMS do you reckon that would be?? I'm hoping it's over 70 UMS??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending