The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
Original post by rohan1811
flipping loads :/

It was only 3 marks but how many would I lose
An A at 59 would be absolutely brilliant
So on the last question, I had everything right until I changed one of the limits from 81, 1 to 81, 0... BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER LOL (I used u as substitution so u=3^2x, when x=2, u=3^4=81 and when x=0, u=3^0=1) This meant that my final answer was 27pi/2ln(3) (I cross multiplied to make the denominator the same). This meant my fraction could not cancel down to the correct answer of 13pi/ln(3). My volume for the cone was correct as well. Anyone think I'll only lose 2 marks for that question?

As I had the correct limits before but I did not correctly substitute the correct limits, I'm guessing I would lose A1 (no M marks lost because my integration was all correct until the limit substitution), and a another A1 for not getting the correct final answer when the two volumes were subtracted from eachother?
Reply 3323
arsey in prision

FREE ARSEY
I got the answer T=27.1 and wrote (degrees) and I also wrote the answer in radians with working out next to it but in smaller writing :/ any chance of getting all the marks? :/
How many ums would 30/100 be ;/
I have a few questions:

1) how many marks do I lose if I found K as 2 and continued so I got the area as half? Out of the total 8 marks of the question.

2) For the differential equation I found c correctly but at the end I couldn't get the final answer they wanted even doe part A was right. How many marks would I lose out of the 7?

3) for the years question how many marks do I lose if I did the question in degrees?

4) for the vector question how many marks do I get (if any) if I found the position vector of B for the shortest distance?

5) for the cone question, do you get one mark for writing V=pi integral of y2? Also due to a lack of time I went to write what I would do instead of doing it, but I wrote the radius will be 9 for the cone et and you do integral until 2 minus the volume of cone from Q to P?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sansasstark
with Calculus it always has to be radians. degrees would be incorrect because that's just how maths works. I imagine you'd only lose 1 mark, though.

Full mark scheme here:

C4 Edexcel Maths Paper with SOLUTION - 16 June 2015.pdf

Please rep when downloading, cheers.

Direct Download:
http://www93.zippyshare.com/d/sxvc4j9n/962485/C4%20Edexcel%20Maths%20Paper%20with%20SOLUTION%20-%2016%20June%202015.pdf

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/sxvc4j9n/file.html
Reply 3328
The paper was okay but it just wasn't working for me, I lost stupid marks in easy places which is grinding my gears. C3 was really good but this meh C4 had ruined the A* for me. *sigh*
Original post by rohan1811
are you dumb blud?

I guess we'll find out in August. Remind me. I want to know if you are? Who even uses the word blud. Don't respond :smile:. Have a lovely day.
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
Someone got it! :smile:

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend,
Somewhere along in the Calculus.
I would have stayed up
Performing integrals all night,
But I know,
It's hard to revise.
Original post by sansasstark
with Calculus it always has to be radians. degrees would be incorrect because that's just how maths works. I imagine you'd only lose 1 mark, though.

I'd lose a mark even though you're telling me I'm right?:b

Also thanks for all the responses guys! Most of my little heart attack is over now:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
How many marks would you lose for muddling up in the last stage of integration and taking away a wrong value for the cone volume ??????
Original post by toddmcnugget
Oh no, another one of these people. I'm not going to go through the effort of checking if another user is male or female, they is too confusing because English is a dumb language. Should I start using the Xe pronouns and conform to tumblrinas?

??? they isn't really that confusing and is even completely grammatically correct in this context and doesn't require you to 'check' anything.
What's the bets Arsey's sitting there thinking, why the **** is the answer "Math Error" then after 10 minutes he reads the question again lol.
Reply 3335
Original post by ArkadiusBear
For part 8b, when integrating the 3^2x (or 9^x) did the final value come out as 40pi/ln(3) ?

The answer was 13pi/ln3, I think you forgot to take away the volume of the cone.
Both c3 and 4 very easy can't wait for results day!!!
Grade prediction?
c1- 86 ums
c2- 67 ums
s1- 69/75 marks
m1- 52/75 marks
c3- 52/75 marks
c4- 60/75 marks
?
Original post by jonnycope7
If I got 63 on this paper, and 70 on C3, would I have an A* overall

To get an A* in Maths, you need to average C3 and C4 to be at least 90% (180/200 UMS), and at the same time get at least 80% overall. (480/600 UMS)So if you say you got 63 in C4, and 70 in C3, then by considering the standard grade boundaries (80% - A, 90% A* etc..):

C4: 63/75 = 84/100 UMS
C3: 70/75 = 93/100 UMS

so the average UMS in C3 and C4 is 89%. So that wont get you the A* even if you get at least 80% overall, however, the grade boundaries vary, and this year im definitely sure they will be low, so Im sure you will get an A* in the end. This year has been very hard to most people.
Original post by aluff
The answer was 13pi/ln3, I think you forgot to take away the volume of the cone.

what was the volume of the cone!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending