The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollybryant82
I think you just answered your own question, unless you meant 30/75

I meant 30/75
Original post by thatNoseyParker
There was a formula at the bottom of the page. Ended up being 27pi/ln3 I think

Please tell me radius had to be worked out by working the hypotenuse and halving it and then squaring it to get r^2 (r^2 was something like 85/root2? or no)
Original post by ThatPerson2
Well, I suppose, but in the case of the question it would've been radians.

Guys it's okay I appreciate you both. Just as long as the final answer WAS 0.4...?:smile:
Guys someone please answer my question or I'll keep in reposting them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahid1
I have a few questions:

1) how many marks do I lose if I found K as 2 and continued so I got the area as half? Out of the total 8 marks of the question.

2) For the differential equation I found c correctly but at the end I couldn't get the final answer they wanted even doe part A was right. How many marks would I lose out of the 7?

3) for the years question how many marks do I lose if I did the question in degrees?

4) for the vector question how many marks do I get (if any) if I found the position vector of B for the shortest distance?

5) for the cone question, do you get one mark for writing V=pi integral of y2? Also due to a lack of time I went to write what I would do instead of doing it, but I wrote the radius will be 9 for the cone et and you do integral until 2 minus the volume of cone from Q to P?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

3/4
2 mark if lucky.
Nice one jeff
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
Thinks he's hard. :wink:

Road man like

Posted from TSR Mobile
c3- 67
c4- 64
any chance of a*?
Reply 3368
Original post by cmfunk
Guys :
100ums in C1, C2,
97 in S1
approx 85 in c3
40 in c4

Is an A possible

Average of 84.4 UMS per paper, which would be an A. So yes, it is indeed very possible.
Original post by 1504teal
Please tell me radius had to be worked out by working the hypotenuse and halving it and then squaring it to get r^2 (r^2 was something like 85/root2? or no)

Well that seems convoluted. It may have gotten the right answer, but you could have just used 9? Via the y coordinate of P:smile:
Where's Arsey's mark scheme?
Has arsey uploaded yet? Also is arsey'is name actually arsey? And who is Arsey?
Reply 3372

The radius was the y coordinate of P. So no, you're method is incorrect. I'm sorry.
Reply 3373
what was the volume of the cone!?

The bit below the tangent that was cut out of the volume of the solid:cone.png
They gave you the formula for the volume of a cone.
Reply 3374
Original post by TeeEm
too late now ... all recognition can be done by substitution
make sure you can substitute

How accurately can you predict what grade you'll get in maths?
After looking at the papers that everyone and arsey have uploaded, I've been able to give myself a certain ums, but I'm not sure if it's completely accurate (I know how the mark scheme works so I gave myself a method mark where I thought I would get one)..
Original post by ASDuh97
Guys is 480 UMS for an A* for an A? I checked the June 14 grade boundaries and it says 480 under the A bit?

The total UMS needed for an A* is the same as an A... it's just that you have to get at least 180UMS on C3 + C4 combined for the A*. Potentially, someone with an A could end up with more UMS overall than someone with an A* in Maths... it's just how it works.
Original post by josephinemar25
Has arsey uploaded yet? Also is arsey'is name actually arsey? And who is Arsey?

He's a teacher and a God.
I think I got 100% in every paper but this one. I am so angry, I forgot to take 1 from the final answer.
Guys for question 2 worth 11 marks, I messed up on the first line differentiation cos of one minus sign, will I lose all 11 marks? cos of this error I couldnt work out part 2
Original post by cmfunk
Guys :
100ums in C1, C2,
97 in S1
approx 85 in c3
40 in c4

Is an A possible

You're missing a unit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending