The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Guys do you think 65/75 for C3, 70/75 for C4 is an A*? I worked that the average score is 135/150 = 0.9 so it is more than likely it'll be an A*?
Why are people waiting for arsey there are already 2 fully worked solutions available

I got 256 UMS at AS

needed 224 to meet my offer
I reckon I got
75 - D1
73- C3
71 - C4

Missing out by a few UMS.. life is freaking great ! :frown: ffs
All my effort in AS to do no revision in A2 .. i am a retard
Estimated raw mark grade boundaries?
Original post by LukeTownsend123
You'll probably just scrape that A* pal

Fingers crossed! Nice one
Reply 3424
Original post by cmfunk
so 100,100,97
aprox 85 c3
30/75 c4 raw marks
50/75 d1 raw
not enough

Not enough sorry; despite being raw marks, and meaning the overall UMS score is higher, it does not amount to a 50UMS increase.
#arseyfacts

Arsey once integrated a tortoise into a turtle.
Original post by Windowswind123
Exactly the same as what I did xD

Lol I honestly had 3 calculators, tried 5 times with each ****ing calculator to see if I was going mad or what, still didn't get it in the end, but the rest was very nice so hopefully around 70
What did people do to find the shortest length on the vector question ?
Arsey can draw a perfect circle...with a ruler #arseyfacts
Original post by C++
In the case of the question you could have still carried the π/180. It is universal, irrespective of the case, that you can convert. Nevertheless, the answer in radians or converted degrees, is around 0.4.

Well yes, but the answer would end up effectively as radians (as converted degrees would end up in the radian form).
I dont care #arseyfacts
For the binomial I put it up to x^3 cause im a retard instead of just x^2, how many marks do you think I would lose?
I messed up quite a bit here and there... I think I should get around 60/75... If i don't get any method marks for the last question.. thats 57/75... which is not good... But I think I should get some method marks for subtracting volume of curve from volume of Cone...
I need an A.... please let me scrape an A oh mighty gods of edexcel....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by C++
I believe 480 was last year's cut; they fluctuate.

No they don't you degenerate
Reply 3434
Original post by ThatPerson2
Well yes, but the answer would end up effectively as radians (as converted degrees would end up in the radian form).

Yes. I agree.
Original post by jubilant_joej
Fingers crossed! Nice one

I reckon it's more likely you've got an A* overall than not having one
C3 was a disaster for me but I didn't feel this one was too bad. There were questions I think were good ones for marks but question 8b was horrid.
Reply 3437
67 c3 63 c4 a*?
Original post by iKaneee
For the binomial I put it up to x^3 cause im a retard instead of just x^2, how many marks do you think I would lose?

None, the mark scheme will just say ignore further terms, as long as up to x^2 is correct. Maybe max 1 mark but I dont see why they would
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
Why are people waiting for arsey there are already 2 fully worked solutions available

I got 256 UMS at AS

needed 224 to meet my offer
I reckon I got
75 - D1
73- C3
71 - C4

Missing out by a few UMS.. life is freaking great ! :frown: ffs
All my effort in AS to do no revision in A2 .. i am a retard

arsey (i see) you did well LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending