The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThePrestigeUK
Why are people waiting for arsey there are already 2 fully worked solutions available

I got 256 UMS at AS

needed 224 to meet my offer
I reckon I got
75 - D1
73- C3
71 - C4

Missing out by a few UMS.. life is freaking great ! :frown: ffs
All my effort in AS to do no revision in A2 .. i am a retard

Hi please could you direct me to these markschemes?
Reply 3441
Original post by Wahid1
I have a few questions:
1) how many marks do I lose if I found K as 2 and continued so I got the area as half? Out of the total 8 marks of the question.
2) For the differential equation I found c correctly but at the end I couldn't get the final answer they wanted even doe part A was right. How many marks would I lose out of the 7
3) for the years question how many marks do I lose if I did the question in degrees?
4) for the vector question how many marks do I get (if any) if I found the position vector of B for the shortest distance?
5) for the cone question, do you get one mark for writing V=pi integral of y2? Also due to a lack of time I went to write what I would do instead of doing it, but I wrote the radius will be 9 for the cone et and you do integral until 2 minus the volume of cone from Q to P?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Is this on question 6? if so not sure because might affect the marks for the previous section too.
2) what is c? there was no part c to that question and they didn't ask for any constants.
3) not more than 2 since that only affected the would have affected the last 3 marks. On past papers I think they didn't always dock the same number of marks for getting the numbers correct so difficult to say 1 or 2 lost there.
4) Finding the position vector of B was the first step to getting the right answer so you would most likely get a mark for it.
5)you'll get a maximum of 2 marks for that section I expect.

Hope that helps, it's obviously nothing definite though!
Method for 7b?
also predication for the a boundary?
Original post by C++
Not enough sorry; despite being raw marks, and meaning the overall UMS score is higher, it does not amount to a 50UMS increase.

are you sure?
Original post by aluff
1) Is this on question 6? if so not sure because might affect the marks for the previous section too.
2) what is c? there was no part c to that question and they didn't ask for any constants.
3) not more than 2 since that only affected the would have affected the last 3 marks. On past papers I think they didn't always dock the same number of marks for getting the numbers correct so difficult to say 1 or 2 lost there.
4) Finding the position vector of B was the first step to getting the right answer so you would most likely get a mark for it.
5)you'll get a maximum of 2 marks for that section I expect.

Hope that helps, it's obviously nothing definite though!

1) absolutely loads
Why does Arsey never drink at a party?

Cos it's illegal to drink and derive...
Would 64 for C3 and 72/73 for C4 be an A*?
My uni offer is AAA
If I get AA and a very high B, will they still accept me:frown:
If I got 66 in c3 and 70 in this one, would that be enough for an A*. I'm thinking an A* in c3 will be 67 and c4 would be 68 so I think I might scrape it. Or am I deluded? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
Why are people waiting for arsey there are already 2 fully worked solutions available

I got 256 UMS at AS

needed 224 to meet my offer
I reckon I got
75 - D1
73- C3
71 - C4

Missing out by a few UMS.. life is freaking great ! :frown: ffs
All my effort in AS to do no revision in A2 .. i am a retard

Where???
92 UMS C1
95 UMS C2
78 UMS S1

68 raw C3
69 raw C4
60 raw M2

Chance for A*?
Reply 3451
c1 - 63
c2- 55
c3-52
c4-75
s1-68
m1-56

is that an A?
Reply 3452
Original post by rohan1811
ahahahahahahahahahahahahh retard

umad bro?
C1 - 85 ums
C2 - 75 ums
S1 - 66 ums (Should have retaken this :frown: ffs)
C3 - 55/75
C4 - 60/75
M1 - 67/75

Bye bye A :'(
C1: 87ums
C2:87ums
C3:74ums
C4: 49/75 raw
S1: 83ums
M1: 91 UMS

Is an A likely?
Original post by james.pike
#arseyfacts

Arsey once integrated a tortoise into a turtle.

I lol'd hard! :biggrin:
Original post by LukeTownsend123
I reckon it's more likely you've got an A* overall than not having one

Ye it's borderline isn't it
Original post by ASDuh97
92 UMS C1
95 UMS C2
78 UMS S1

68 raw C3
69 raw C4
60 raw M2

Chance for A*?

Unlikely, added up to ~460 < 480, however what's your M1 marks?
Original post by Vasil😎
If I got 66 in c3 and 70 in this one, would that be enough for an A*. I'm thinking an A* in c3 will be 67 and c4 would be 68 so I think I might scrape it. Or am I deluded? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so but do you think 65 in c4 will be enough for 85 UMS, need that to get A*
I Got about 70/75 in C3 and about 67/75 in C4, is that likely to be an A*?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending