The Student Room Group

OCR G154 Intoxication Forum

Hey guys. the intoxication exam is on Friday, and I thought I would set up this forum for anyone to ask questions, so others can reply etc. helping everyone make sure they are ready for the exam!

Scroll to see replies

What are the main predictions for the case study??
Reply 2
not sure, going to try and learn the law, then a case digest for all 8 cases
Reply 3
I mean if you learn the main 8 or so, you should be fine. Plus, the essay is just all the cases really, so if you known the 8 cases in detail, with the 3 additional cases, the essay will be easy too.
3 additional cases? i thought there was only the 8 intoxication cases?

Original post by DKeane
I mean if you learn the main 8 or so, you should be fine. Plus, the essay is just all the cases really, so if you known the 8 cases in detail, with the 3 additional cases, the essay will be easy too.
Reply 5
Original post by subegsingh9
3 additional cases? i thought there was only the 8 intoxication cases?

You only have 8 cases? For the Q1, we were taught to use 3 linked cases...but overall i'd say we have over 30 cases..
Hey,, can anyone please write up the critical points from any of the 8 cases; I think I messed up in Monday's exam (G153) and I've gotta pick up marks on this one. My teacher hasn't even been in school since like forever and I feel so under-prepared for Friday. Please help! :frown:(
Reply 7
I'm sure it's 3 critical points, 2 analytical points and 1 linked case ! Well that's what previous mark schemes suggest ! As for 30 cases .... Wow ! That's loads !
Reply 8
Original post by nadim02
I'm sure it's 3 critical points, 2 analytical points and 1 linked case ! Well that's what previous mark schemes suggest ! As for 30 cases .... Wow ! That's loads !

Oh damn, well I guess my teacher is trying to overload us with cases haha. Do you know how many times you should reference the source material? I have no idea how many times i should quote it for a Question 1 or 2?
30 cases?? we were only taught to link one case for the Q1 coz u only get rewarded for 1
are you talking about question 1? im sure you only need 1 cp + 2 anaytical points and then 1 linked case??

Original post by nadim02
i think the other cases are for section B the 34 marker, but do 30 cases for intoxication even exist

Original post by DKeane
Oh damn, well I guess my teacher is trying to overload us with cases haha. Do you know how many times you should reference the source material? I have no idea how many times i should quote it for a Question 1 or 2?
Reply 12
Original post by subegsingh9
i think the other cases are for section B the 34 marker, but do 30 cases for intoxication even exist

Yeah, there are quite a few. Do you want me to email you this very basic word document that has the cases + their relevance to intoxication? (For the Q2)
yeah if u dont mind mate, thanks

Original post by DKeane
Yeah, there are quite a few. Do you want me to email you this very basic word document that has the cases + their relevance to intoxication? (For the Q2)
Just wanted to confirm that the key cases for Q1 are:
Gallagher, Beard, Majewski, Lipman, Kingston, Heard and Hardie?
Reply 15
Original post by BWJMortimer
Just wanted to confirm that the key cases for Q1 are:
Gallagher, Beard, Majewski, Lipman, Kingston, Heard and Hardie?

And R v Bailey
Original post by DKeane
And R v Bailey

Okay perfect thank you!
Reply 17
What is the difference between a critical point and an analytical point?
Reply 18
Original post by OJManze
What is the difference between a critical point and an analytical point?

The core point is the main outcome of the case, whereas the analytical points are just AO2 to get more marks.
Reply 19
And so to access all the marks in Q1, you only need 1 core point, 2 analytical points and a linked case?

Quick Reply

Latest