The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Long time no post!

Quick question,
I've just sent in my NHS Bursary, I know it takes approx 25 days to be approved, will I still have time to send proof of this to Student Finance (i've completed that, just need to spend birth certificate and NHS bursary photocopy) before I start in Uni of Manch on 21st of September?

I completely forgot about completing it with the rush of revision!
I also haven't got proof of rent for the next year that I can send to NHS bursary as evidence, what can I do?
Original post by Carolina Monica
I also haven't got proof of rent for the next year that I can send to NHS bursary as evidence, what can I do?

I just printed off info about the price of halls last year and this year just sent details of the house we are renting with costs etc as hadn't signed the contract at the time of applying - they didn't query anything.

Oh and why do you have to send birth cert to student finance - I never did just to the NHS - or did I read that wrong???
Is there anyone that can tell me what the first year timetable looks like for BCU to give me some idea please?
Original post by AmyPilot
I just printed off info about the price of halls last year and this year just sent details of the house we are renting with costs etc as hadn't signed the contract at the time of applying - they didn't query anything.

Oh and why do you have to send birth cert to student finance - I never did just to the NHS - or did I read that wrong???

Thank you so much, that's what I'll do!
My passport is currently expired so student finance have told me they need my birth cert!

Thank you so much Amy, I freaked out about what documents to send so that's helped so much!!
I sent my NHS bursary documents (passport and finance stuff) off a couple of weeks ago, and received them back in the post. However haven't heard anything confirming they received them or any kind of update... just wondered how long it took for people?
Original post by izzydizzyyy
I sent my NHS bursary documents (passport and finance stuff) off a couple of weeks ago, and received them back in the post. However haven't heard anything confirming they received them or any kind of update... just wondered how long it took for people?

I got an email about three weeks after I had applied confirming my entitlement, so hopefully you should here soon. I guess it depends on how many applications they are having to deal with at the moment.
Reply 3547
Anyone know if there's a Facebook page set up yet for Sheffield?
Sent documents from here by special delivery last Wednesday and received an email yesterday saying they had been received, scanned and should be back here in a few days. Can take up to 25 days for the info to be processed according to email.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by izzydizzyyy

Check you BOSS account - sometimes correspondence appears there before you receive emails etc.
It's gone extremely quite here. Wish everyone best of luck with exams, coursework etc, and everyone going to Leeds Beckett I will see you all in Sept.
Anyone else going DMU?
Hey guys, seems dead but worth a try!

Little group for people going to DMU in September going now if anyone wants in just let me know :smile:
Has anyone heard anything back from BCU after sending their health questionnaire in? I sent mine off about three weeks ago and haven't had an acknowledgement, or heard anything, so was wondering if they had received it, or whether the process just takes some time.
Hey!

Seriously confused and stressed at the moment! Regarding NHS funding: I understand that we have to apply for an NHS bursary (done) but how/do we apply for the tuition fee funding (because the course is NHS funded)? Do we do it ourselves or does the university get in contact with the NHS? Thanks in advance!
Original post by jredwards21
Hey!

Seriously confused and stressed at the moment! Regarding NHS funding: I understand that we have to apply for an NHS bursary (done) but how/do we apply for the tuition fee funding (because the course is NHS funded)? Do we do it ourselves or does the university get in contact with the NHS? Thanks in advance!

Applying for the NHS bursary takes care of the tuition fee funding - the NHS pay it to the uni once they have confirmed you have enrolled/started the course. The only need you have to contact Student Finance England for is if you want to apply for the reduced student loan in addition to the NHS bursary
Original post by AmyPilot
Applying for the NHS bursary takes care of the tuition fee funding - the NHS pay it to the uni once they have confirmed you have enrolled/started the course. The only need you have to contact Student Finance England for is if you want to apply for the reduced student loan in addition to the NHS bursary

Thank you!
Original post by jredwards21
Thank you!

No worries - always pleased to help (or try to help as the case may be lol).

Feels like there is loads to sort before you even start doesn't it?

You getting excited yet?
Original post by shropshirelass51
Has anyone heard anything back from BCU after sending their health questionnaire in? I sent mine off about three weeks ago and haven't had an acknowledgement, or heard anything, so was wondering if they had received it, or whether the process just takes some time.

Hi! I haven't heard anything either and submitted mine about the same time you did. I handed mine in in person and asked the nurse on duty when we would hear feedback. She said we shouldn't hear anything from them and the next contact would be when we make an appointment for the health interview a bit later on...
Original post by JaaySLT
Hi! I haven't heard anything either and submitted mine about the same time you did. I handed mine in in person and asked the nurse on duty when we would hear feedback. She said we shouldn't hear anything from them and the next contact would be when we make an appointment for the health interview a bit later on...

Thanks, does everyone have a health interview then? Do you know what it involves?

Have you decided whether you are taking the Part time route?

Hope all is well.

Quick Reply

Latest