The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatiexZoe
I think it's when the myosin head binds and forms the cross bridge, it releases the ADP molecule (i think of it as 'clicking' into place and releasing it) this then binds with the enzyme ATPase, to make atp, which is needed to then break the cross-bridge and reposition the myosin head. :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by chemistrykid123
man dem told me init. That was a joke by the way just a little joke we like to have fun here on thestudentroom especially before BIOL5 #bantz

FFS, had me gassed for a bit, even told my friend.
So much application in this ****ty paper FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU

So scared
Original post by aprocrastinator
it is activated when adrenaline binds with a receptor on a cell membrane and it converts ATP to cyclic AMP which activates enzymes involved with gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis

Original post by Ninainnarnia
When adrenaline or glucose binds to receptors on liver cell membranes:
-it activates advenylate cyclase
-this enzyme converts ATP to cAMP
-cAMP activates enzymes which convert glycogen to glucose (glycogenolysis)

oohhhhhh its just that ahh thats fine then thank you ^_^ it isn't named in my notes i just wrote that its the enzyme thats activated
It's worrying you don't know what time your exam is tomorrow...
Original post by kiwi8397
oohhhhhh its just that ahh thats fine then thank you ^_^ it isn't named in my notes i just wrote that its the enzyme thats activated

haha good that you learnt it then, you won't get the marks otherwise!
can someone give me an essay title to practice? :smile:
Original post by charlottei
Is anyone else so stressed that as a response to said stress their adrenal glands are secreting adrenaline which is binding to receptors on their liver cells which is activating adenylate cyclase which is converting ATP to cyclic AMP...

Because I am. ):

I may have a myocardial infarction as I find it hard to breathe due to the stress and build up of CO2 causing my chemoreceptors to send high frequency nerve impulses to my medulla oblongata which is stimulating the sinoatrialnode via the sympathetic nervous system!!!
Does ATPase make or break ATP? Because I've looked it up and seen contradictions all over the place (even on the same webpage in some cases!)
Reply 1389
Original post by xSophie04x
can someone give me an essay title to practice? :smile:

describe the effectiveness of various so-called 'cures' for cancer
Original post by tofaeal
It's worrying you don't know what time your exam is tomorrow...

I remember in AS when I didn't know which room I was for the Maths exam or what exactly the time of exam was.
Still got an A.
Original post by tofaeal
I may have a myocardial infarction as I find it hard to breathe due to the stress and build up of CO2 causing my chemoreceptors to send high frequency nerve impulses to my medulla oblongata which is stimulating the sinoatrialnode via the sympathetic nervous system!!!

Oh my god haha. I totally forgot about myocardial infarctions, you might have just gained me a mark in the essay there!

Gosh I hope your heart rate is speeding up, wouldn't want that CO2 forming carbonic acid in your blood which would lower your blood pH... that would be disastrous.
Original post by Loveart99
Does ATPase make or break ATP? Because I've looked it up and seen contradictions all over the place (even on the same webpage in some cases!)

ATP Synthase synthesises
ATPase hydrolyses
How long should i spend on the essay question?
Original post by TM96
describe the effectiveness of various so-called 'cures' for cancer

something that has enough breadth to cover please haha :')
Original post by Konahagakure

About 20 minutes with an extra five for planning
r u manz doing the essay first or the other crap?
Original post by Konahagakure

Original post by 13eyond13ithday
About 20 minutes with an extra five for planning

I've seen so many conflicting opinions on this, as in between 20 and 45! :/ It's really confusing me.

I've been writing them in about 35 mins (including planning), but whatever works for you. I guess it depends on how fast you can write. :smile:
Original post by tofaeal
ATP Synthase synthesises
ATPase hydrolyses

Thank you! Would give you a thumbs up thingy, but I ran out today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending