The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ultracrepidarian
you could link that worsening bit to the fact they work in very concentrated area, leaving large parts alone due to factors like infrastructure

Yeah good point. For a more successful impact maybe the riders need to be more representative of Kenya as a whole, although it's understandable why they have concentrated in Nairobi and Western Kenya due to high density/poverty rates.
Original post by asianjim
Do you mean item 4? If so there is only one reference to the riders, but if you do mean item 5 I can't see anywhere mentioning riders progress on MDGs, only Kenyas progress in general.

Ah sorry! I meant the Zig zag resources don't know if you've had them.
Can you rely purely on the zig-zag resources items to do well in the exam?
Original post by Prince97
Ah sorry! I meant the Zig zag resources don't know if you've had them.

Oh yes question 51, I haven't gone over the zigzag booklet since we completed it so I've forgotten a lot of it, thankyou!
Oh yes question 51, I haven't gone over the zigzag booklet since we completed it so I've forgotten a lot of it, thankyou!

It's very useful! I've made concise notes recently and they seem to help with the questions
Original post by Prince97
Can you rely purely on the zig-zag resources items to do well in the exam?

you need synopticity which will come from you doing your own research the zig zag offer a good general guidance
Could someone possibly send me pictures of the completed zigzag booklet?? You'd be a life saver

Posted from TSR Mobile
you need synopticity which will come from you doing your own research the zig zag offer a good general guidance

Okay, I'll just do my own research when a dodgy question comes up, thanks!
Yeah good point. For a more successful impact maybe the riders need to be more representative of Kenya as a whole, although it's understandable why they have concentrated in Nairobi and Western Kenya due to high density/poverty rates.

yea definitely for the high density, but surely % of the population in poverty will be as high if not higher in the rural areas. thats where if i had to criticise the work they do it would be that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 189
have you completed the zig zag booklet that is helpful

Thanks for your reply. No, where am I able to find this resource please?
Original post by maew
Thanks for your reply. No, where am I able to find this resource please?

does your school not provide it? theres no actual link as you have to pay for it, but i thought all schools would pay for it and get it
Hi everyone

Will understand if anyone can't help me with this but does anyone please have a short summary of what MDGs Kenya have met and how far they're off the others/progress? 🌍

I've been on the website but there's a lot of just vague information.

My teacher went trekking in Taiwan for 2 week in/after half term and now she isn't in for the lesson before my exam cos she's going god knows where else and I feel so unprepared for this exam!😳
Reply 192
does your school not provide it? theres no actual link as you have to pay for it, but i thought all schools would pay for it and get it

We were given a booklet but not sure if it is the same one you are referring to. I'll go through it tomorrow. I'm worried I left revision for this exam too late due to my other exams. Thanks once again
Original post by maew
We were given a booklet but not sure if it is the same one you are referring to. I'll go through it tomorrow. I'm worried I left revision for this exam too late due to my other exams. Thanks once again

it has zig zag education in the top corner its a small booklet, good luck.
Do you actually get marks for like taking facts and figures from the AIB in your answers??
create a plan for developing the health service in Kenya to meet the MDG’s for health and justify your decisions.

What could be said here??
Original post by coronatheatre
create a plan for developing the health service in Kenya to meet the MDG’s for health and justify your decisions.

What could be said here??

You can talk about the recommendations made in the AIB, the Vision 2030 and also any other relevant information. Justify why infrastructure/staffing/supplies is more important.
Original post by subject1
You can talk about the recommendations made in the AIB, the Vision 2030 and also any other relevant information. Justify why infrastructure/staffing/supplies is more important.

thanks a lot!!! :smile:
Does anyone have any full mark answers or high mark answers to the 15 and 12 mark questions in the zigzag booklet? The example answers they have given have low marks!
does anyone have any good links to additional reading apart from the links on the back of the AIB? also mentioning that the Riders website wont load for me, not sure if this is the same for anyone else?
also does anyone have any ideas around the MDG's and what they have achieved/not achieved with links to the Vision 2030?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending