The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Aye, it's divided into south and north.
Carlisle vs Plymouth would be a hell of a fixture
Original post by TornadoGR4

Midweek. Yikes.

Fixtures in less than 12 hours, chaps!
Margate away on a Thursday night was a bitch last month, what made it worse was we lost 2-1.

Luckily though we don't have to travel too far considering the Ryman league only covers London and the South East.

Puts it into perspective when you think that we still get off really lightly compared to other countries. Just imagine Bayern Munich vs Hamburg or Malaga vs Real Sociedad.
Right 8 hours until it's announced that we are starting off at Hudders.
Opening day Championship fixtures:

Birmingham v Reading
Blackburn v Wolves
Bolton v Derby
Brentford v Ipswich
Brighton v Nottm Forest
Cardiff v Fulham
Charlton v QPR
Hull v Huddersfield
Leeds v Burnley
Preston v Middlesbrough
Rotherham v MK Dons
Sheff Wed v Bristol City
So we start with Wigan at home and Millwall away, that's 0 points right there but perhaps best to get them out of the way early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
So we start with Wigan at home and Millwall away, that's 0 points right there but perhaps best to get them out of the way early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both clubs in freefall. I would be targeting at least 4 points from those games if I was Mowbray.
Original post by Mackay
Both clubs in freefall. I would be targeting at least 4 points from those games if I was Mowbray.

We barely have a team at present and Mowbray will be relying on loans and freebies, I expect a struggle in both games. Crewe in the 3rd game should be a win though.
We barely have a team at present and Mowbray will be relying on loans and freebies, I expect a struggle in both games. Crewe in the 3rd game should be a win though.

That Turgott kid has ended up at Leyton Orient. Clearly a London boy at heart.

Disappointed to see Frank Nouble go abroad for the money, too. Any news on Reda's future?
Latest 'rumour' (which appears to be somewhat solid) is that Carlos Carvalhal is set to be named Head Coach at Wednesday with Mark Cooper (Swindon) named as Assistant Manager.

I have no idea what to say, it looks as if somebody has rolled some dice to get this bizarre combination.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Latest 'rumour' (which appears to be somewhat solid) is that Carlos Carvalhal is set to be named Head Coach at Wednesday with Mark Cooper (Swindon) named as Assistant Manager.

I have no idea what to say, it looks as if somebody has rolled some dice to get this bizarre combination.

14 clubs managed in 14 seasons & no experience of English football. There must be dozens of better managers available with experience of the Championship...
Original post by Mackay
That Turgott kid has ended up at Leyton Orient. Clearly a London boy at heart.

Disappointed to see Frank Nouble go abroad for the money, too. Any news on Reda's future?

Not fussed about Nouble, far too inconsistent. My guess is that Johnson will probably stay but he's injured so often I don't know how much use it is paying him as much as we are likely to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not fussed about Nouble, far too inconsistent. My guess is that Johnson will probably stay but he's injured so often I don't know how much use it is paying him as much as we are likely to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's hope Mowbray likes the colour of his urine, because Pressley wasn't impressed.
14 clubs managed in 14 seasons & no experience of English football. There must be dozens of better managers available with experience of the Championship...

Indeed. Its more the 3 years out of a managerial job that worries me than the lack of Championship experience.
Doncaster sign Williams from Swindon. Statement of intent from Dickov. 20+ goals for him last term.
Original post by Mackay
Doncaster sign Williams from Swindon. Statement of intent from Dickov. 20+ goals for him last term.

That's us definitely out of the CoC then

Quick Reply

Latest