The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 6GP04 June 2015 Topic B: Other Ideological Traditions

Scroll to see replies

'Multiculturalism breeds tension and social conflict.' Discuss

help with this please
Original post by eyedress
what does everyone 'need' as a bare minimum?

Need a B, predicted A* but would be happy with an A. You?
Original post by Tash28
Need a B, predicted A* but would be happy with an A. You?

I need a B or at the very least a high C which should give me a B overall as long as my unit 3 hasn't gone horrifically.

If I don't get an A I will need a map... to job centre plus

I need an a* to offset my b in maths.
Reply 205
Original post by johnd45
'Multiculturalism breeds tension and social conflict.' Discuss

help with this please

2 sided argument; does breed/does not breed.DOES BREED (stating criticisms of multi):
critique from liberalism - threat to individual liberty, challenges rule of law
conservative nationalists - organic view, promote law and order and multiculturalism threatens this e.g. Sharia Law= members of dominant culture feeling threatened leading to conflict such as EDL, and minority culture alienating leading to tension
feminists - poly ethnic and exclusive laws to minorities deepens patriarchy e.g Hijab means women cannot escape nor see their oppression
social reformists - cultural assertiveness distracts from the real problem of lack of economic power and social status= divides us

DOES NOT BREED (why it unifies us) :
particularist and pluralist multi - if you ignore multi more likely to lead to social conflict as minority feels alienated, more likely to feel patriotic if they are allowed to express themselves.
liberal multi - enriches us as individuals, opening up to culture means we are more tolerant and accepting= unity.
cosmopolitan multi - end goal of 'one culture', no separatism/conflict as individuals can create their own culture through 'mix and match'.

obviously say more, but a basic plan, hope it helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 206

Need an A* in this or history :frown: eek
Original post by gsonro
2 sided argument; does breed/does not breed.DOES BREED (stating criticisms of multi):
critique from liberalism - threat to individual liberty, challenges rule of law
conservative nationalists - organic view, promote law and order and multiculturalism threatens this e.g. Sharia Law= members of dominant culture feeling threatened leading to conflict such as EDL, and minority culture alienating leading to tension
feminists - poly ethnic and exclusive laws to minorities deepens patriarchy e.g Hijab means women cannot escape nor see their oppression
social reformists - cultural assertiveness distracts from the real problem of lack of economic power and social status= divides us

DOES NOT BREED (why it unifies us) :
particularist and pluralist multi - if you ignore multi more likely to lead to social conflict as minority feels alienated, more likely to feel patriotic if they are allowed to express themselves.
liberal multi - enriches us as individuals, opening up to culture means we are more tolerant and accepting= unity.
cosmopolitan multi - end goal of 'one culture', no separatism/conflict as individuals can create their own culture through 'mix and match'.

obviously say more, but a basic plan, hope it helps :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile: really appreciate it

and A fgs ):
predicted questions?
multiculturalism or ecologisim?? I've done all but i don't know which out od the two to focus on more!
Anyone still up should get some sleep now and remember it'll be fine, no point getting all worked up about it. Walk in tomorrow and smash it.
Original post by toussaint
anyone still up should get some sleep now and remember it'll be fine, no point getting all worked up about it. Walk in tomorrow and smash it.

i am up all night to get lucky.
Reply 213
Original post by lizmoo0721
Do you think I'll be ok just learning feminism, ecoligms and nationalism 15 markers and only nationalism for 45 markers?

That's what I have done, I hope it pays off in the exam. My teacher is said its likely to be two feminism 15 markers which means a nationalism 45 marker would come up. There are only like three potential topic areas for nationalism 45 markers so fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 214
Original post by itachi3333
guys i have biology and politics at the same time ARRHGHH. shall i have an all nighter or wake up early say 5am?

5am it, that's what i am doing. You will be more alert in the morning once you get going and it will be more fresh in your mind for the exam. Good luck :smile:
Good luck all. May the grade boundaries be ever in your favour.

A miracle please,and the exam was cancelled because they realised they are all bull**** ideologies made up by ****ing retards.
Reply 217
Original post by Soonpy
That's what I have done, I hope it pays off in the exam. My teacher is said its likely to be two feminism 15 markers which means a nationalism 45 marker would come up. There are only like three potential topic areas for nationalism 45 markers so fingers crossed :smile:

What would the three potential areas be?
Original post by imo58
What would the three potential areas be?

Single doctrine question.
Peaceful or agressive.
Forward or backwrad looking.

My guess is either the first or last.
What would you say for Is Nationalism a single doctrine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending