The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ekk123
Wasnt keen, felt like a lot was guessing rather than straight-forward knowledge based questions. :frown: What did people get for chi square?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay same :smile: it stumped me as i was thinking it cant possibly be that high haha and was it reject the hypothesis underneath?
paper wasn't amazing but so so so much better than F214.
What the hell was that 4 marker on how energy is transferred from producers to herbivores. I talked about GPP and NPP but some of my friends talked about burning plants and measuring the energy by heating up water and stuff like that. I had no clue how to measure anything.
That paper was a nightmare I totally flopped the exam :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeirdF
What the hell was that 4 marker on how energy is transferred from producers to herbivores. I talked about GPP and NPP but some of my friends talked about burning plants and measuring the energy by heating up water and stuff like that. I had no clue how to measure anything.

I know!! I ended up talking about the biomass pyramid things with the dry mass but really didn't have a clue
Original post by ekk123
Okay same :smile: it stumped me as i was thinking it cant possibly be that high haha and was it reject the hypothesis underneath?

Yeah because it was autosomal linkage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How were questions 6 and 7 even tied into the a2 spec? 😒
Lots of it was basically just receptors and cell signalling 👍
Reply 4229
FCBEAC?
Original post by WeirdF

Oh **** I totally misunderstood the question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4231
Lol at that paper. Tbh I liked f214 more...
Wasn't horrendous but also not amazing. A lot of weird questions. At times it felt like there was more f214 than there was is last weeks paper but ho hum, it's done now
Original post by ijc1
Lol at that paper. Tbh I liked f214 more...

Same f214 was a LOT better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cinderella25
Oh **** I totally misunderstood the question!

That's the thing with F215 the questions are so bloody vague that you have no idea what they're actually trying to ask.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I know. half the paper was basically synoptic stuff

What did you get on the picking letters question... I got.

F
E
A
E
C
C
Original post by em_mahoney
Wasn't horrendous but also not amazing. A lot of weird questions. At times it felt like there was more f214 than there was is last weeks paper but ho hum, it's done now

They also got some cheeky F212 in there as well lmao
Original post by WeirdF
They also got some cheeky F212 in there as well lmao

Yeah ikr I was like, why am I doing an AS paper sprinkled with a little bit of bullsht
Original post by WeirdF
That's the thing with F215 the questions are so bloody vague that you have no idea what they're actually trying to ask.

Exactly half of the f215 content didn't came up. They are getting worse every year

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much was the last question worth? I got up to the stroke question then ran out of time. How many marks am I likely to have lost?

And for the producers to the herbivores, I was confused so I said it's calculated by taking away energy loss by theoretical yield dividing that by theoretical yield and x 100 because energy is lost by heat, egestion, movement etc. I don't even know... Think I flopped this paper badly tbh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending