The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by YouAgain
What did you get on the picking letters question... I got.

F
E
A
E
C
C

Could you use the letters more than once?
Original post by Gus22

I didn't oops
What did people put for the first questions? It completely stumped me- had such a brain fog! And the saliva one?
Reply 4243
Original post by FindingHappiness
How much was the last question worth? I got up to the stroke question then ran out of time. How many marks am I likely to have lost?

And for the producers to the herbivores, I was confused so I said it's calculated by taking away energy loss by theoretical yield dividing that by theoretical yield and x 100 because energy is lost by heat, egestion, movement etc. I don't even know... Think I flopped this paper badly tbh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I can remember, after the stroke question page, there was a one marker, a three marker, a 2/3 marker and a one marker. Hope you did well overall :smile:
Original post by cinderella25
Exactly half of the f215 content didn't came up. They are getting worse every year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! Hopefully I don't have to resit, seeing as it's only getting worse...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gus22

Yes it said u can use letters more than once. And I don't think B was an answer bcuz B was immobilising enzymes? And it didn't relate to any of the statements? And D was what I forgot what D was
Original post by Daxen
As far as I can remember, after the stroke question page, there was a one marker, a three marker, a 2/3 marker and a one marker. Hope you did well overall :smile:

Thank you!! That makes me feel a lot more reassured, I was dreading that they might have been a sneaky big marker at the back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh **** I totally misunderstood the question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I panicked on that question, wrote about pyramids of energy and calorimeters, biomass and pyramids of energy flow
Oh **** I totally misunderstood the question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I panicked on that question, wrote about pyramids of energy and calorimeters, biomass and pyramids of energy flow with measuring the rate of the energy flow. No clue what i did to be honest
What did you get on the picking letters question... I got.

F
E
A
E
C
C

Wtf you could reuse letters?
Estimating the energy transfer thing - what did people do?

My thought was use a bomb calorimeter to measure energy of producer and herbivore then work out % transfer using energyherbivore/energy producer x 100
Yes it said u can use letters more than once. And I don't think B was an answer bcuz B was immobilising enzymes? And it didn't relate to any of the statements? And D was what I forgot what D was

B would have been the sugar syrup from starch as the enzymes would break down that starch
Reply 4252
I found the paper hard to be fair. Couldn't remember stuff from AS (how the f*** do they expect us to do that when we have like 10 other exams in the space of two weeks) so some questions were a complete guess and I wrote so much cr*p lol. F214 was a lot easier for me hope grade boundaries are low for both units though...
Original post by FindingHappiness
How much was the last question worth? I got up to the stroke question then ran out of time. How many marks am I likely to have lost?

And for the producers to the herbivores, I was confused so I said it's calculated by taking away energy loss by theoretical yield dividing that by theoretical yield and x 100 because energy is lost by heat, egestion, movement etc. I don't even know... Think I flopped this paper badly tbh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao that's exactly what I wrote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eightfoldv
I panicked on that question, wrote about pyramids of energy and calorimeters, biomass and pyramids of energy flow with measuring the rate of the energy flow. No clue what i did to be honest

Hope biomass and energy pyramids is right, that's what i wrote as well
Original post by ChoccyPhilly

Yeah I got the same letters. It said you can use the letters more than once

Posted from TSR Mobile
that exam was nice! haha could have been so much worse
Original post by ChoccyPhilly

It said re-use letters if u want .-.
Lmao that's exactly what I wrote

Posted from TSR Mobile

*High five* lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really hope the grade boundaries will be super low for this exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending