The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

How many marks will I get for 8b if I only found the volume of the cone? I did try and integrate the y^2 part but I know I've done it completely wrong. Will I get any follow through marks for my answer too?
Original post by smem_96
How many marks will I get for 8b if I only found the volume of the cone? I did try and integrate the y^2 part but I know I've done it completely wrong. Will I get any follow through marks for my answer too?

IT was 6 marks, right?

So i reckon 3 marks, i did the same thing.
No it wont. That's an A* provided you averaged an A in your other modules

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubik-Cube
IT was 6 marks, right?

So i reckon 3 marks, i did the same thing.

That's better than I thought, seeing as they provided the formula for the cone's volume. Hopefully the examiner's having a good day when they mark my paper.
Original post by Calum511
I think I got 66 in c3 and 70 in c4, do you think that will be enough for an a*? I think it will be right on the border.

Depends on the grade boundaries, but it might just be a couple of marks below A* or right on the border.
Original post by Calum511
I think I got 66 in c3 and 70 in c4, do you think that will be enough for an a*? I think it will be right on the border.

You will be above the border I'm sure, don't publically stress about your insecurity when other people have more legitimate/realistic concerns :P

The boundaries will probably be 66 +/- 1 for both of them so you are absolutely fine.
Original post by smem_96
Depends on the grade boundaries, but it might just be a couple of marks below A* or right on the border.

nah thats definitely an A* cos last year grade boundaries were around 67 for an a* for both C3 and C4 and this year it might be lower and seeing as hes got 70 in C4, that will be more than 90 ums so if he is to get below 90 in C3, it will balance it out to more than 90.
By the way, if anyone finds a S2 thread, let me know
Original post by IamJuggernaut
By the way, if anyone finds a S2 thread, let me know

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3156207

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have an idea what these marks would relate to in UMS roughly?
65 in m1
42 in c3
58 in c4
Original post by qwertymed
Anyone have an idea what these marks would relate to in UMS roughly?
65 in m1
42 in c3
58 in c4

M1 about 83 ums
C3 about 50 ums
C4 about 75 ums

Just a guess, I may be wrong
60 in M1
59 in C3
55 in C4

What would this be in terms of UMS?
For Q1a I rushed so didn't take out 4 as a factor and so how many carry forward marks would I get? Part a was 5 marks so is 2 possible?Also part c was 2 marks so 1 possible?

For last q I put the height as 9 where it should have been the other way around, I think you get 2 marks for minusing the cone so could I get 1 for the final answer?
let the A* slip away.
Edexcel's textbook didn't say anything about integrating a^x :frown:
Original post by Isymega
60 in M1
59 in C3
55 in C4

What would this be in terms of UMS?

A guess would be -
M1 -78 UMS
C3 - 75 UMS
C4 - around 70 UMS

But it just depends on where the boundaries fall this year.
Original post by ArkadiusBear
Okay good because i got that correct, and the volume of the cone correct, but for some reason I took the volume of the cone away from the curve incorrectly, how many marks do you think is lost there?

One accuracy mark
I think I got 68 in C3, and then about 63 in C4, what grade do peoples think would that be - A or A*?
To whoever reported me for whatever reason: go cry some more please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
C4 Edexcel Maths Paper with SOLUTION - 16 June 2015.pdf

Please rep when downloading, cheers.

Direct Download:
http://www93.zippyshare.com/d/sxvc4j9n/962485/C4%20Edexcel%20Maths%20Paper%20with%20SOLUTION%20-%2016%20June%202015.pdf

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/sxvc4j9n/file.html
Original post by Sam.B57
I think I got 68 in C3, and then about 63 in C4, what grade do peoples think would that be - A or A*?

both A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending